TE PC Buying Guide - December 2011

bond_212 said:
whats with those hdd prices.....

they have shot up like anything.....

Nice configs though i will be going for a amd x2 config

thanks....

2 factors in case of this...one is of course the USD - INR which is hitting all the components alike but for the HDDs the bigger havoc was created by the floods in Thailand. Globally there is a shortage in HDDs although most people expect it will be normal again by Jan end or so

And since we are on the USD - INR issue, I thot I'll add my 2 bit - I am doubtful that the rupee will hit 58 as has been predicted by many analysts. THe RBI will act much before that... there are already talks of a rate cut as early as Jan...this will definitely help the INR as well. So *fingers crossed* I'd expect rupee in remain at the current levels probably 53-55 range for a while before coming lower at around 50...which is indeed a sweet spot. That said I'd expect a drop in prices for computer components by Feb-Mar (due to some lag effect)...

nvidia10 said:
Nice guide as usual.

P.S where is the E2220HD available for 8.7k?

Guess it is being phased out. Couldnt find a decent listing for the same.

Though refer to this price list for pricing of Benq monitors in Delhi (Add 5% to the pricing)

http://www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: Found a listing but its priced much higher @ 9.5k (VAT inclusive)

http://www.theitbazaar.com/store/ou...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=383&category_id=38

Guys need some advice here.

My PC conked off yesterday, and i need to get a combo soon. The RAM has been taken care of (1 x Corsair 4GB XMS3). Will buy locally only and since i wanted an i3 2100 combo, I was given a quote of 10.3K with the Intel H61WW. The mobo is a very bare basic one. The other option i have is to go for an i3 540+DH55TC combo for 9K; a much better mobo. The difference between the two processors is seen to be around 15-20%. Which way should i go?

I have no use for SATA 3 or USB 3. Will keep this rig for atleast 3 years if not more (almost 24x7 usage). Have a discrete graphics card (HD5670) but would like the option of an onboard DVI/HDMI as backup. A year down the line i might go for a better PSU+Graphics card for HD gaming. The PSU is a less than year old FSP SAGA 350 II. Please suggest no AMD's.

Budget is strictly 10K (give or take a few hundred bucks).

^ Where do you live? I would suggest the SB+H61.

Reason 1:

i) You can just slap a ivybridge quad processor in it couple of years down the line if you feel you need more power.

ii) You can get a pretty decent H61 all solid caps mobo like the Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 ~ 3.4k!

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6.4k-6.7k

Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 ~ 3.2k-3.5k

Intel Core i3 2100 Sandy Bridge 3YrsIntel War with VAT | eBay ~ 6.1k (with 10%/Max Rs.500 off with Maestro or master card. Or if you dont have it, then Rs.330 off with 5% coupon)

SMC International : GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2P-B3 -> 3k+shipping from SMC (Though confirm price before buying)

So you can get both for about ~9.3k or so shipped!

DarkAngel said:
^ Where do you live? I would suggest the SB+H61.

Reason 1:

i) You can just slap a ivybridge quad processor in it couple of years down the line if you feel you need more power.

ii) You can get a pretty decent H61 all solid caps mobo like the Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 ~ 3.4k!

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6.4k-6.7k

Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 ~ 3.2k-3.5k

Intel Core i3 2100 Sandy Bridge 3YrsIntel War with VAT | eBay ~ 6.1k (with 10%/Max Rs.500 off with Maestro or master card. Or if you dont have it, then Rs.330 off with 5% coupon)

SMC International : GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2P-B3 -> 3k+shipping from SMC (Though confirm price before buying)

So you can get both for about ~9.3k or so shipped!

Better sense prevailed on my part :D.

Bought the SB combo just an hour before you posted the reply to my query. The purchase was urgent and hence online was not an option. So had to settle for the Intel Mobo. Might change the board after some time. At the moment though, like the upgrade very much over the previous setup.

I suggested that 35k one to my friend,Bought it 2-3 days ago assembled everything...and the guy's happy than ever. Thanks. :)

Could you recommend a machine that I can use for programming and a download rig?

The requirements are as follows:

Operating System Windows 7

IIS 7

Visual Studio 2010

Database - Oracle, Sql Server 2008 and MySql

Need to keep the costs and space consumption down (as much as possible) so will be using it through Remote Desktop Connection.

Need suggestions.

I need to build a general purpose home machine for a relative (needs 4-5 components only). I checked General Purpose Home Machine(Budget 20k),

Based on this; I have checked locally and have received following rates, (From Aashirwad Bangalore)

RAM, 4 GB Corsair 1155 Rs

HDD - [font=arial, sans-serif]500GB 4462 Rs[/font]

DVD RW [font=arial, sans-serif]SATA - 1050 Rs[/font]

Which leaves me with the budget of 12K for CPU and Mobo.

From Medium end gaming rig

[font=arial, sans-serif]Processor Intel Core i3 2100 6450[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Motherboard Intel DH67BL(B3) 5275[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]seems to fit the budget; is it capable of playing movie on full HD monitor? (with no GPU installed)[/font]

Kindly suggest the best available CPU/Mobo combo in the said price range.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Back