Techbooze Order Blues

Just cancel if it's not shipped yet.

why keep a headache for long. just say you changed your mind and ask them to cancel. call them on that number.
Well, the text says order can be cancelled within 8 hours of ordering. I am on day 5. Do you think it is still worth a shot ?

They are already past their 3 days shipping timeline. For this delay they should've informed you by mail. If they haven't done that, i say you start taking actions now. Again, take action if they are not communicating back at all.

1. Try contacting them on phone first. Here are the details for your convience. Also, what happened about the mail you send, have they replied?
Screenshot_2024-01-21-14-25-28-463_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

2. If there is no communication from them then just raise a complaint on National Consumer Helpline
3. Contact your bank for a chargeback like everyone told you.

Also, i noticed that their offline store is marked as temporarily closed on google maps with the last rating given about 9 months ago. Only 2 were given recently, both negative. It seems like they are not in business right now.
Screenshot_2024-01-21-14-38-17-232_com.google.android.apps.maps-edit.jpg

Last edited:
They are already past their 3 days shipping timeline. For this delay they should've informed you by mail. If they haven't done that, i say you start taking actions now. Again, take action if they are not communicating back at all.

1. Try contacting them on phone first. Here are the details for your convience. Also, what happened about the mail you send, have they replied?
View attachment 188636
2. If there is no communication from them then just raise a complaint on National Consumer Helpline
3. Contact your bank for a chargeback like everyone told you.

Also, i noticed that their offline store is marked as temporarily closed on google maps with the last rating given about 9 months ago. Only 2 were given recently, both negative. It seems like they are not in business right now.
View attachment 188637
Thanks man you put in so much work. I will follow your suggestion, but I can not see the 3 day shipping deadline anywhere on their website. The 3 day promise that I got was on the phone number you shared.

And both emails their official email IDs bounced. I had also marked to their gmail ID, but no response yet.

Definitely time to chargeback.
@awestorr @variablevector : I called HDFC Bank customer support, they told me that to charge back I would have to block my card which I agreed to. They told me to separately file an online dispute claim which I did after which the website informed me that the bank shall contact me in 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

However, the customer support lady repeatedly told me that she can not assure me that the charge back will be done. Is that normal, and should I expect the chargeback to be approved in case the merchant can not share proof of delivery ? Or can the merchant get away by submitting fake proof? Asking because I won't put anything beyond their ability. I am in touch with 2 other people who were burnt by Techbooze, and they had horror stories to tell. One of them lost 1.2 Lakh + !

@awestorr @variablevector : I called HDFC Bank customer support, they told me that to charge back I would have to block my card which I agreed to. They told me to separately file an online dispute claim which I did after which the website informed me that the bank shall contact me in 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

However, the customer support lady repeatedly told me that she can not assure me that the charge back will be done. Is that normal, and should I expect the chargeback to be approved in case the merchant can not share proof of delivery ? Or can the merchant get away by submitting fake proof? Asking because I won't put anything beyond their ability. I am in touch with 2 other people who were burnt by Techbooze, and they had horror stories to tell. One of them lost 1.2 Lakh + !
i havent done any chargebacks.
But looks like in india chargebacks arent as easy as in the west.
maybe someone else can share their cb experience.

Update guys: HDFC bank has given me a temporary credit equal to the transaction amount and has written to the merchant for evidence. The merchant gets 45 days to respond with evidence, failing which my credit will become permanent. Thanks to @kunnalthapa @awestorr and @variablevector and everyone else for their timely help/ suggestions. I have also done a cyber-crime complaint as the seller is completely unreachable. I have also shared evidence of my failed email communication with seller, and a copy of the cybercrime cell complaint with HDFC Bank.

I will keep logging updates here for the benefit of any future members who might need the information.

Guys is there any way to report such fraudulent sites so that they are prevented from duping other unsuspecting people? BTW I have reached out to the payments aggregator and tried to get them to investigate and stop their services to Techbooze due to rampant fraud. However, I would like to do whatever it takes to bring the website down, because it is only fair. Besides, revenge can be sweet.

Last edited:
Update guys: HDFC bank has given me a temporary credit equal to the transaction amount and has written to the merchant for evidence. The merchant gets 45 days to respond with evidence, failing which my credit will become permanent.
Are you able to use that temporary credit? Recently i raised a complaint regarding an unauthorised transaction from my SBI bank and they did something similar as well. They credited me the same amount but i was not able to use it and they called it shadow amount.
Guys is there any way to report such fraudulent sites so that they are prevented from duping other unsuspecting people?
Message PcPriceTracker on reddit and discuss this situation with him. Atleast he'll remove it from PCPT. That'll help enough people.

Are you able to use that temporary credit? Recently i raised a complaint regarding an unauthorised transaction from my SBI bank and they did something similar as well. They credited me the same amount but i was not able to use it and they called it shadow amount.

Message PcPriceTracker on reddit and discuss this situation with him. Atleast he'll remove it from PCPT. That'll help enough people.
I'm not sure what you mean by "use" It. I can see the amount credit in my card unbilled transactions list. I hope it reflects as a credit in the bill too. Will keep you updated.

Another small win: I have managed to get the website's payment gateway provider (Cashfree) to block their services. It took some effort and a few emails reminding them of their responsibility to not abet fraud, but I'm pretty pleased that the gateway eventually took the right step, albeit after some initial reluctance.

I guess the email from Cashfree will also strengthen my case with HDFC, and help me get a permanent charge back credit.

Last edited:
well not proud of what I did, but I ordered an AMD Ryzen 7 5700X CPU from Techbooze on 16th January 2023.
2024 you mean. You definitely shouldn't be proud of yourself this time (Friendly banter). How did you miss the Trust pilot review for this excellent online retail store?

Had me rofl for 5 mis straight. That dude needs a gold medal for his roasting.

This is a fraud obv.

Good to see you fighting it out. :)

Last edited:
2024 you mean. You definitely shouldn't be proud of yourself this time (Friendly banter). How did you miss the Trust pilot review for this excellent online retail store?

Had me rofl for 5 mis straight. That dude needs a gold medal for his roasting.

This is a fraud obv.

Good to see you fighting it out. :)
Haha it was Jan 16, 2024 alright. Not particularly proud of what I did, that too for trying to save 400 bucks !
And that trust pilot review had me grinning, although I was naive enough to not look up reviews before ordering ! I guess years of online ordering had got me complacent.

And its been satisfying fighting it out. I've now written to their web-host with evidence, and also to UPI to block services to their website, due to their track record of non-delivery. It appears that Techbooze has finally woken up to all this, and they actually responded to my email yesterday claiming (with screenshot), that they have accepted the chargeback. I obviously do not believe their claim until my bank confirms.

Last year ordered with this site. Gave false delivery promises. Said your product is shipped and didn't even gave tracking id. Then said your address was not reachable so it returned back we will reship. I couldn't wait more so he said we will refund. I used to call every other day these guys will pick up and say we will refund this week. after 2 months of flighting they said we had some gateway issue so couldnt. Finally raised chargeback got money on 3rd month.. if you want peaceful life avoid these small sellers just to save few bucks.

Last edited:
Last year ordered with this site. Gave false delivery promises. Said your product is shipped and didn't even gave tracking id. Then said your address was not reachable so it returned back we will reship. I couldn't wait more so he said we will refund. I used to call every other day these guys will pick up and say we will refund this week. after 2 months of flighting they said we had some gateway issue so couldnt. Finally raised chargeback got money on 3rd month.. if you want peaceful life avoid these small sellers just to save few bucks.
Hey thanks that is a helpful post. Could you let me know if Techbooze accepted the charge-back or did they try to contest it and failed? I suppose they can try and not accept by giving false proof of shipping and delivery, and I am worried about that possibility.

Hey thanks that is a helpful post. Could you let me know if Techbooze accepted the charge-back or did they try to contest it and failed? I suppose they can try and not accept by giving false proof of shipping and delivery, and I am worried about that possibility.
i raised the issue with national Consumer forum. Created dispute and atlast they accepted it. They cant give false proof of delivery since proof of delivery can be verified with courier partner. Last year they said , it was one time mistake but looks like these guys repeating same thing again and again. These guys dont have stock of any product they buy from local seller and ships you. They can't cancel since it will cost them gateway charges etc they just delay and let the coustmer cancel it.

Update : The website is now suspended. Talk about revenge being as sweet as it gets : https://www.techbooze.in/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
So, it took just one guy to shutdown a bad business. I guess as customers, we sometimes get lazy and allow these malpractices to flourish. No wonder Techbooze managed to do an unethical business for about a year. With a little extra effort, there would be less frauds in this world to deal with.

No only you'll get your money back, you've helped a ton of buyers while you're enjoying their downfall. Good job man

So, it took just one guy to shutdown a bad business. I guess as customers, we sometimes get lazy and allow these malpractices to flourish. No wonder Techbooze managed to do an unethical business for about a year. With a little extra effort, there would be less frauds in this world to deal with.

No only you'll get your money back, you've helped a ton of buyers while you're enjoying their downfall. Good job man
Thanks man. ! But it took more than just me. A bunch of us formed a group and took these steps together, and shared ideas/contacts together. Multiple complaints would probably have been a factor too.

I guess modern life rarely gives many of us us a chance to fight injustice , or fight meaningfully at all. Maybe that's why I'm on such a high from this fight, and I can also better appreciate why many social activists keep doing what they do: because they believe it is the right thing to do.

But it took more than just me. A bunch of us formed a group and took these steps together, and shared ideas/contacts together. Multiple complaints would probably have been a factor too.
Damn, how did you find these people? Actually it would be great if you could (ofcourse after everything is settled & you get your money back) make a single post telling everything you went through to solve your case.

Include things like steps you took, contact details of bank & gateway, govt. services you used etc. People have not gone to an extent that you did, so there is less info available about it. This will be a good enough guide for those who got scammed - fraud and are trying to find a way out.

Back