OC & Modding temp with true & q6600

hi guys .. currently using q6600@3.4ghz on 650i ultra cooled by true 120 with 2 120 mm glacitech fans .. temp are 42 idle and 100 % load goes upto 55 degree .. i guess its high ..

would like to know what temps u guys are seeing with ur oced q6600 and true ..

also not able to complete occt strees test ..temp touches 70 degress:S
previously did not have probs with occt ver 1.. have to check with earliter ver..

pls post ur temps ..

Which stepping?? B3 runs hot, newer steppings can handle upto 72C (thermal throttling), still never cross 65C in 24/7 usage. How much vCore in BIOS and under LOAD???

g0 .. 1.38v in bios .. although its perfectly stable for 24x7 desktop use ..including games ..crysis included.. its not able to complete occt test ..anyways is it ok temp ..also fins of true have dust all over them ..needs cleaning ..fans as well .. dust problem ..:mad:

well the GO quads at full load idles at 38C and on full load @ 66C its stock though but still im planning to get a true later on this month cuz the heat is increasing.

Maybe the 650i. It doesnt provide cooling on the SB and NB. Should try to get a Abit IP35-E and then try.

using hr05 sli with 80m fan on northbridge and a small heatsink for southbridge .. so cooling is not a issue ..

anyways .. post ur temps if u have same proci and cooler setup ..

H2O said:
Maybe the 650i. It doesnt provide cooling on the SB and NB. Should try to get a Abit IP35-E and then try.

doubt that ll affect proccessor temperatures though, unless u have really bad ventilation in your cabinet.

yup . it has nothing to do with proci temp ..

seems like cabinet airflow is culprit ..:( lets see when i can get my hands on cm690.

also one thing to consider is rise in ambient temps , hence proci will heat up naturally ..
cleaned true fins and fans of dust , still no effect on temp , with occt failing in 7minutes flat saying cpu is too hot ..

seems like my q6600@3.4 ghz is not stable when stressing all four cores . seems like known problem of nvidia chipsets not clocking quads well ..

again , post ur temps with true and q6600 ..

Back