Graphic Cards Temparature Advise ?

uknowme007

Disciple
Hey Guyz......

I use Asus V9520 Magic GeForce FX 5200 128 MB card.

There is only heat sink and no fan or even a sensor of ne sorts....BAAD BAAD BAD ASUS :mad:

DO u have ne ideas abt the temp control and monitor for it,,,,

Remember no onboard chip on the card......How much hot cud it get...

My Mobo usually goes upto 37 celcius and prc tp abt 55 celcuis during gaming...

wont be a problem. will work fine. i had got that card during urban fury tourney. i sold mine, but a couple of my clanmates are using it & it works fine.

if there is no fan given then prolly its not needed.

dunno but my 6600gt runs pretty hot but no probs at all. around 55 - 60 idle &75 - 90 full load, no restarts or any probs yet.

& bout the psu, its a very good psu. i had got it for free in urban fury where i got the card. heh. its got 21a on the 12v. dont remember bout the rest. but its more than enough, no fluctuations etc with 2 sata hdds, 3 optical drives, 6600gt & 4 x 80mm fans.

i think the market rate for the psu is 2200 rs, not too sure but.

I had a XFX FX5200...couldnt touch the gfx card heatsink just after 5 nmins of comp on....was that hot....

gfx cards usually run @ 70*C temperaTURES

Hey Sun from Mysore,

Thts pretty much what happens with mine too....

Its HOTTTTTTT juz after 5 min of gaming....even a light game like fifa 04 or champions league 05 can do the trick...

SO do u have any coolin arrangement ?

Will the graphics card heat increase the overall heat of the mobo or the PRC ?

Tnx matezzzzz......

do any of those games that u play hang when u r playing for a long time? I was using a 6200TC for a few days and the game wud hang and/or the computer would restart. Then i noticed the heatsink was getting very hot. I have my side panel open always, so i places a 80mm fan on the outside but pointed toward the heatsink on the graphics card. Once tht was done, the card was running pretty cool, even after a couple of hours of continuous gaming.

You could maintain proper airflow inside the case and that shud help reduce the temps a bit. To do that, u wud need atleast 2 fans in the case - 1 on the front as intake and one at the rear as exhaust.

If u r very concerned about the temps, u cud perhaps search for SunMysore's thread in the market section where he's selling Custom Made heatsinks for FX5200 cards :D

uknowme007 said:
but wat cud be the temp of the card apprx ..jus to know mate...
I have the the Antec P160 case which came with 2 thermal probes - I have one of these probes under the heat sink of my ASUS Geforce 4200Ti display card - the reading from this probe taken a few minutes back - 46C. The CHIP itself must be at least 5 - 8C above this reading.

Well GFX cards run very hot, my Radeon 9800 pro will burn my finger if I touch it after 2-3 hrs of intense gaming. Nowadays I keep jmy panel open during gaming, as even the CPU heats up quite a bit.

On the other hand, my friend had a Sapphire 9600 np with just a heatsink and its running like a charm till now...

THANXZZZZZZZZZZ MATEZ...

U AL ROCK !

Even I considered opening my panel...but carbon dust is the big enemy here...so thts not an option as I did try it once....The temp coooled very well but the DUST !!! o boy.....

I have a GeForce 5200 PCI even after hours of gaming it doesn't get that hot and there's no temp monitor there so don't know the actual temp but for cooling it has a fan.
Else for advanced cooling for overclockers there is NV Silencer 5 dunno if available in India.

Is ther ne way to know the card's temp wihout the onboard chip as mine doesnt have one....

Ne ideas like a thermometer or sumthing guyz ?

Tnx...

Back