Test my Samsung 1TB 980 Pro SSD Drive.

Adding a heatsink to a nvme is a good practice as they are passively cooled . But in my opinion you should have installed the 980 pro in the m.2_1 slot closer to the cpu which has the factory heatsink as the 1st slot is generally controlled by cpu directly and it will fetch you a slightly better performance. The second slot m.2_2 is connected via pch or a controller hence it can be used for slower drives like the wd sn570 .

Received product from amazon..
I ordered for Brand Named Zorbes but received product from brand Jeyi
Are both equally good ?

Not sure about the brand. Doesn't matter if it looks the same and works fine. It's a aftermarket heatsink afterall. Return it if it seems faulty by inspection. I assume it will work the same despite having different brand name. Can you post a picture of heatsink?

Not sure about the brand. Doesn't matter if it looks the same and works fine. It's a aftermarket heatsink afterall. Return it if it seems faulty by inspection. I assume it will work the same despite having different brand name. Can you post a picture of heatsink?
Here are same
Adding a heatsink to a nvme is a good practice as they are passively cooled . But in my opinion you should have installed the 980 pro in the m.2_1 slot closer to the cpu which has the factory heatsink as the 1st slot is generally controlled by cpu directly and it will fetch you a slightly better performance. The second slot m.2_2 is connected via pch or a controller hence it can be used for slower drives like the wd sn570 .
Will do this as well.
Thank You,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 52
Can find a little impact in temperature after moving Samsung 980 pro 1 TB to m1 ssd slot, can try a little longer test now.

Attachments

• 980 ssd to m1 slot.png
    980 ssd to m1 slot.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 36
Back