Storage Solutions Testing / validating the originality of Samsung Micro SD cards

Hi friends

I have bough a 32 GB Micro sd card from Snapdeal recently. But even though it is a class 10 card, its speed looks slow. Please tell how to validate the originality of the product and if found fake, what can I do?

regards

I downloaded SD Bench software on my mobile. It is giving a speed of 22.1 in writing and 72 mb speed in reading the mobile sd but when I change the path to my memory card, it shows it and gives error.

Benchmark the micro sd by attaching it to a PC.
I have a Sandisk Ultra Dual OTG pen drive. When attached with PC, I get a read speed of avg 15MB/s. But while copying files from it to my Moto G internal memory, I get an avg speed of around 4MB/s.

I checked with A1 SD Bench software (updated version of sd bench) and it is showing Reading speed 19.23 and writing speed 11.10 mb/s. Is this ok for Sandisk 16gb micro sd card class 10.

Thanks, and does all 16 or 32 or 64 gb hv nearly 10mb ps of speed.

Secondly, how can i verify if this card is genuine or not via putting in the micro sd card no. on samsung website or so....

That is what I am saying, there is no way on the sites of Samsung or Sandisk to check if the product is genuine or not, nor can we register our product.

If you know how to, pls share...

When it comes to buying a high speed sd card for the purpose of transferring data from mobile internal memory to sd card and vice versa, it is not worth it, if the price difference is more. The reason is, the speed of the sd card is throttled by the limitations which stick to Android O/s as there is much intervention of the android O/s when data is transferred when the sd card is accessed from the mobile.

But if the user doesnt care much about removing the card from the device and transferring mass files like HD movies to PC through a good card reader t, it is worth buying it.

Gone are the days when mass memory mode was available with nokia symbian/ anna based handsets and even with android froyo. Now the data transfer speed is severely affected by the Android O/s. Hope the developers come with a solution for this. Seriously guys this sheer PITA.

Anyway you can check it with a different card, but i dont think the difference will be noticeable. Since the transfer speeds are good with card reader, it has only to do with the medium which is used to access the sd card.

By taking it to the service center. I don't think vendor info is embedded in the card. So the only way is to verify it with the service center.

If its a fake, it wont have 32GB or 16GB of space, for starters. That itself is a easy method of rooting out fakes.

Speed, you must use a card reader and check with benchmark utilities.

Call Samsung CC or email them and ask. That's what I do for SanDisk cards. SanDisk confirms with the serial number/model number whether the card is genuine or, not.

Back