Text Viewer/Editor for Multiple Languages

flash23

Adept
Guys, I am in a rough spot over here.

Some of the files(mostly .C files) that I need to view have their documentation in languages other than English like Chinese, Japanese and Russian. When I open these files through Notepad or Wordpad it comes out gibberish, but when I view it through MS Word it comes out partially.

I need an app preferably lightweight through which I can see the actual text. I will be then using Google translate to translate them to English.

ps- I have attached a sample file which contains some text in Chinese.

pps- I have tried Babel Pad app but it works same as Notepad.

[attachment=12223:main.zip]

Attachments

• main.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 90
#vivek.krishnan do I need install the fonts separately? Since its opening in MS Word I guess the system already has those fonts.

#Rahul++ tried notepad++giving the same result as notepad's. Am I missing something here.

Can you please try out the file I have attached in the first post. its a C file

#vivek.krishnan do I need install the fonts separately? Since its opening in MS Word I guess the system already has those fonts.

#Rahul++ tried notepad++giving the same result as notepad's. Am I missing something here.

Can you please try out the file I have attached in the first post. its a C file

Yes it works. Open the file with Notepad++ -> Go to Encoding (Top Nav Bar) -> Character Sets -> Chinese -> Simplified or Traditional. You will see those Chinese characters.

#Rahul++ It worked. Thanks a lot !!

You are welcome
<
Glad I helped you

Back