The 10X Factor :P

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
After years of being stuck with a film camera, and ocassionally depending on K750i's camera, I finally managed to get a decent Digicam :D

had almost finalized on the Canon IXUS 860, but after doing a lot of research, extended my budget a little bit to end up with the Panasonic Lumix TZ15 a.k.a TZ5.

Things that went in it's favour were ... the 10X Zoom Lens while still maintaining a compact form factor, a few extra manual controls along with the ability to record HD Videos

A few pics ...

Thanx to all those who helped me make the decision, and also Toxicmind's thread with those inputs from d_payne :)

Awesome purchase mate...the form factor rocks for that kind of zoom!:D

Post some results, if possible.

And you forgot to mention the price.:p

Congo!

And welcome to the Lumix gang...

P.S: I notice you didn't get the Panny Camera Pouch & a 230V power cable for the battery charger ?

thetoxicmind said:
Congo!
And welcome to the Lumix gang...
P.S: I notice you didn't get the Panny Camera Pouch & a 230V power cable for the battery charger ?

I did get the 230V power cable for the battery charger but forgot to include it (and also the USB cable) in the pic, didnt get the panny pouch though, had to purchase it seperately :(

Anyway damages were 15.4K with 3yr warranty ( got it with bill just for the peace of mind :) )

Congrats , great buy.

Myself looking to buy a good digicam as well, only a K810i and a film camera is not good enough for Pics.

thexfactor said:
I did get the 230V power cable for the battery charger but forgot to include it (and also the USB cable) in the pic, didnt get the panny pouch though, had to purchase it seperately :(

Anyway damages were 15.4K with 3yr warranty ( got it with bill just for the peace of mind :) )

1.Looked like the other in the pic..

2.From where?:O it still retails for 16.8k...

3.Got the panny 1gb SD card?

thetoxicmind said:
1.Looked like the other in the pic..

are you talking about the cable that plugs into the DC IN socket on the side of the camera below the usb ?? if that's the one, then no, I didnt get it.

If you are talking about the 2pin cable for the charger then yes I did get it.

thetoxicmind said:
2.From where?:O it still retails for 16.8k...

Got it from Alfa, and they've provided a proper bill and also stamped the warranty card, so I hope there won't be a problem

thetoxicmind said:
3.Got the panny 1gb SD card?

There was a 2GB card bundled which I exchanged for a Sandisk 8GB card.

H@cKer said:
congrats dude

Even I am getting my digicam soon its panny tz4 smaller sibling of tz5.:D

The TZ11/TZ4 is around 13.5k or so iirc

btw the difference between getting one from grey and getting one with bill and warranty (in case of the panasonics) was only about 1k, so I decided for the safer option, also checked out the Canon SX110 which retails for around the same price but didnt suit my requirements, being poorly built, slightly buky, no wideangle and use of AA batteries

are you talking about the cable that plugs into the DC IN socket on the side of the camera below the usb ?? if that's the one, then no, I didnt get it.

If you are talking about the 2pin cable for the charger then yes I did get it.

I meant the power cable..(4th pic,extreme left)

looked like the 120v(us) 3 pin power cord

Nevamind :ashamed:
Got it from Alfa, and they've provided a proper bill and also stamped the warranty card, so I hope there won't be a problem

Nice ! Got my TZ11 for 14.9k :mad:

There was a 2GB card bundled which I exchanged for a Sandisk 8GB card.

Guess,that wasn't a panny 2gb card...

Had a 1GB panny SD card in my box :no:

How much for the 8GB card? was it SDHC ?Class?

thetoxicmind said:
I meant the power cable..(4th pic,extreme left)
looked like the 120v(us) 3 pin power cord
Nevamind :ashamed:
Yep I got bot 2pin and 3pin (with fuse) US version

thetoxicmind said:
Guess,that wasn't a panny 2gb card...
Had a 1GB panny SD card in my box :no:

How much for the 8GB card? was it SDHC ?Class?

Unfortunately it's class 4 SDHC (I guess everythin above 4GB is SDHC), they had the Sandisk Ultra 3 but that was for around 2.5k so didnt get it, will get a faster class 6 card later :eek:hyeah:

Back