The 4th State of matter .......Finally.....

Infected

Skilled
PANASONIC VIERA TH-P42V20D FullHD PLASMA

* Infinite Black with Dynamic Contrast 5,000,000:1

* 600Hz Sub-field Drive

* VIERA CAST with Skype, YouTube

* VIERA Image Viewer (Photo and Video)

* USB Terminals for USB Flash Memory, Wireless LAN Adaptor and USB Keyboard

* V-Audio ProSurround

* FullHD 1900x1080

* 15ms Input Lag in Game Mode
IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

After a weeks wait my dealer finally got me the V20 its the Flagship 2d plasma for Panasonic,

its new for 2010 thats why I had to wait so long. AVSForums states that it the newest KURO

since Panasonic bought the Kuro tech last year or so. Anyway...damages 71K

Been watching Avatar and Alice in Bluray 1080P and its superb.

Will post more pics and details in the morning.

Had to get it before the World Cup.

Hope you guys like the pics.

Have a nice night,

Cheers,

nice name for the topic

and even better the purchase

congrats and enjoy gaming on a very large screen :)

btw why does everyone forget to add the damages :)

Nothing like the soft glow of luxury to tone down this summers heat...! Great buy. Looks nice. BC2....!

Very,very,very nice buy! Congratulations! That price is excellent as well.

Now go calibrate it!

PS - could you mention the name of your dealer for the benefit of all concerned?

Thanks a lot guys,

It was picked up from Panasonic brand Shop 1 Dhole Patil Road Pune.

He had to go to the Bhimwadi Warehouse to get it as it has just been released.

PS3 gaming, and FullHD movies look stunning...

Cheers,

Yeah it is recommended not to connect it for the break in period, but I could not wait to connect it and try it out for a couple of hours,

due to the excitement it is only natural I believe....

Okay, Noob Attack here. What is this 'break in period' for this type of panel..? Why are people suggesting not to immediately connect a computer..?

Next Pune meet is a movie meet and you are playing host

Any weekend buddy for sure...got quite a few BDRips as well, Avatar esp. Looks stunning.

What is this 'break in period' for this type of panel..

"Break-In is the time period from when a Plasma set is brand new until the plasma phosphors have aged (or hardened), to a point where it is less susceptible to image retention (IR). Phosphors are their "hottest" when new. You may notice when passing by a new plasma set that it gives off a lot of heat but runs cooler after 100 or so hours of use. During this break-in period, burn-in can occur more easily.

Opposing View on Break-In: Not all plasma owners believe a break-in period is necessary for the later generations of Samsung plasma sets. The Samsung factory supports this view. Samsung's Support FAQ, as of 2007, states: "Samsung Plasma TVs do not require a break-in period." There has been much concern and confusion over this issue because both Pioneer and Panasonic published documents as late as 2004 stating their plasma sets required 1,000 hours of break-in. As of 2007, no plasma manufacturers suggest their sets require break-in. Some owners see this as good news, while some market analysts believe as plasmas continue to lose market share to LCD's, plasma manufacturers are no longer pointing out areas of concern that could impact sales. NET: Use your own best judgment. "

I am just gonna use mild settings for the first month thats all I am doing, namely Brightness and contrast below 40%.

Thank you all, Its a new found love for me...This set is much better than my earlier plasma the LG 42PQ60,

Its by far the best TV I have tested, and this includes all the new Sony LCD 2010 line. (but then again everyone TV is the best once they get it home.)

Thank you for the comments.

have a nice day

Cheers

Back