The alpha

The Alpha
2558400939_06271df1d2.jpg

theaplh2ui0.jpg

alpha (ăl'fə): The first one; the beginning - of my new foray into "advanced" photography. :)

In the shot: Sony A300K + Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Di II lens.

Acquired a week back through the KMD route, excellent service only marred by a delay at the e-tailer in the US. Two thumbs up to KMD though! :hap2:

Sorry guys, but there will be no pics from the camera anytime soon cuz am travelling like crazy and I don't even have the transfer cord with me. :D First impressions are: The lens + camera make for a killer indoor combination. Focus is spot-on at all times though a bit on the loud side (not a USM/HSM lens), the LiveView is great in good lighting but grainy indoors though every "amateur" I know has picked and been able to use it like a normal P&S due to this function. :D

The camera is light years ahead of my H2 in terms of detail, speed and noise (though higher than the Canon CMOS sensors. :) ). In-sensor IS simply works - I have sharp 1/2 sec shots to show off!

...and am learning photography all over again. :)

Payne

Congrats again payne.. :D

Damages pls; :p

670USD for the Kit (Body only not available for the A300) + 430USD for the lens. KMD-ify it to get Indian rates.

Damn it!! :O :O :O

Thats a whole lot of dough u've poured into that thing!! Now put up some sizzling pics on the section!! :D

Hahahaha. Thanks! :)

670USD for the Kit (Body only not available for the A300) + 430USD for the lens. KMD-ify it to get Indian rates. :D :D :D

Payne

Nice! Would love to see some low light stuff with the IS on.

Also payne, could you post a 2.8 shot with the Tammy with the closest hyperfocal distance, I wanna check the bokeh on that lens before I order mine.

Anish said:
could you post a 2.8 shot with the Tammy with the closest hyperfocal distance, I wanna check the bokeh on that lens before I order mine.

Errr... What??? :S

Yo DJ, what does that mean to a layman??? :p

Thanks y'all! :)

@Anish: I'll buy a card reader today and get the snaps online. I have a ton of snaps at f2.8 in both low light and daylight. :)

@BF1983: Dude! One lens at a time. The idea is to master this system first properly and then move on to adding lenses and what not. I've realized I can live without the great zoom of the H2 (75mm vs 432mm tele is quite a difference :) ). The next lens is a 18-250 for daylight walkaround shots...but that's a while down. :)

Also! This is one HEAVY combination! 1kilo+ totally thanks to that large aperture lens. :D

Payne

Back