CPU/Mobo The AMD Athlon 64x2 3600+ - The new OC champ?

PCJedi

Adept
Hi Guys, The new processor on the block and which i predict is going to rock us is the AMD x2 3600 +. Its a low voltage 65 watt processor, running at 2.0 GHz on AM2 socket. What's interesting?
It runs at 1.25V, so tremendous potential to run it at higher clocks. It is supposed to go to 2.6G - which is the same as a x2 5000.
Why i am so excited about it?
Its going to be available in two weeks in mumbai soon. Price, will be at the same price as 3800 on 939, or maybe a 250rs cheaper.
PS: if somebody things that the 256KB in going to make it less powerfull.
check out
X-bit labs - Articles - Two Cores at a Low Cost: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ CPU Review

Why will i go for this? the same reason as why do i overclock.
Now you know where's the party tonight.

:hap2: The only drawback is the am2 socket requirement.
the millions of soc 939 enthusiasts wont be able to use this cpu unfortunately. and it is these guys which will drive amd sales until they come up with new cores and win back the performance crown from intel.
currently conroe is the flavour of the month ...

Good option for new system builds though, especially if the price is mouth watering and not just less by Rs. 250/- than the X2 3800+

:eek:hyeah: nice!! but still the E6300 Oced hasnt been compared to this CPU and as this is AM2..Switchin to DDR2 is necessary so that makes theconroe better anyway :|

in singapore its about $40 to $60 cheaper than a x2 3800+ which is like 1000 to 1.5k INR cheaper. cost for this cpu is slightly over 5k or so which is a very nice price

Thanks for the tip bottle, will be going next week to sg. so will check out.

I got the India price, and i suppose that is the price its going to be in India. Still at 7.5K it seems workable for now. As we have seen all these years, AMD india prices are always at a premium, seems like they always need to be threatened, but users and the competition before we see Indian price revision.

Maybe they may wake up and give us a below 6K price soon :)

:bleh: keeping all the 21 fingers crossed.

Back