Security Software The Best Free Firewalls At One Place.. :)

Was using Comodo...security wise it mite be gud but then its vry irritating...it ask for every damn thin...uninstalled it n got Filseclab Persoanl firewall n its working perfectly...loved the way it works!i guess some one looking for a gud firewall without bugging popups thn one shud give it a try!

Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition - Reviews and free Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition downloads at Download.com

Check the reviews...have been googling for a gud free firewall since last 2-3 days n finally got this!!

main_trouble said:
comodo is by far the best.

puts commercial security apps to shame.(norton/mcaffee)

but u need to be patient with it.

I have been using Commodo for over 3 years now, its really the best, nothing beats it in terms of security and performance. I have compared it with other firewalls and found it to be consuming comparatively less resources than other FWs. The latest version also offers very easy Port Forwarding feature which is very beneficial if any one uses P2P applications... :clap:

I'm surprised that a firewall that's (arguably) more popular than Comodo hasn't found a place on this list as yet. I'm talking about Tall Emu's Online Armor free edition.

gforce said:
I'm surprised that a firewall that's (arguably) more popular than Comodo hasn't found a place on this list as yet. I'm talking about Tall Emu's Online Armor free edition.

I do hope you realize that this thread was started 2 years ago.

Can anybody suggest a firewall(free) to use with avast antivirus in win7. I had been using seagate personal firewall in xp earlier but it is not compatible with win7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

installed comodo, its gud, but sometimes it doesn't ask for the permission to grant access, like it granted access to svchost.exe, utorrent avastsetup.exe automatically but asked for my permission for IDman.exe...

Hi,

I say a good firewall is one that in ur mind keeps u protected. There is nothing as the best firewall or a good firewall, it all depends on how u configure it and allow traffic. I say a decent firewall is one which allows u to create 2 way rules for inbound and outbound and supports HIPS. One that comes to mind is ESET 5. Eset smart security is pretty good and easily configurable and is very customisable to ur needs.

This is however my opinion as i have been a beta tester with them.

I think Comodo has a general list of trusted applications and also checks with the comodo labs for any un-verified apps. But will ask you first whether you want to grant access to a specific application. I'm always in Custom Policy so Comodo will ask me access review for each and every application :)

Back