PC Peripherals The best Mid tower case???

ChironX

Disciple
Hello guys,

I currently use a Cooler Master CM690 II Plus Case, and while it is good, I feel that cable routing options are not too good in it. I have a mid range system (See signature) and hence going to a full tower is a waste for me since I do not wish to upgrade the hardware soon.

So, what according to you is/are the best Mid Tower Cases available in the market today which gives me enough room for proper installation and cable routing/ good looks/ a bit of future upgradability in terms of cooling (like say if I want to go from air cooling to liquid).

What do you guys suggest?

Thank you.:hap2:

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Adept
^^ Get a Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5400/- Corsair Carbide Series 400R Review - Overclockers Club / Corsair Carbide 400R Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp OR
NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 6200/- NZXT TEMPEST EVO Computer Case Review - Overclockers Club / NZXT Tempest EVO Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp OR
NZXT Gamma ~ 2300/- NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club.

All are really good cases which ever suits your taste and budget, get it.

*On this note the NZXT Tempest EVO comes outfitted with six-fans making it the most value in my view although the Corsair Carbide offers stiff competition. The NZXT Gamma is incase you are on a shoe-string budget.

ChironX

Disciple
Ok, thanks guys. I saw a couple of review of the Tempest EVO, and while I love it, the reviewers said that it has 'limited' cable management options. For NZXT Phantom, I do not like how it looks. It's a tad bit flashy for me( Personal opinion guys :( ).

So any more suggestions? Carbide is added to my list for now. Any difference between the 400R and the 500R?

pretttt

Adept
Any difference between the 400R and the 500R?

well, for one, 500R is not available in India.

Also, 500R comes with a side 200mm fan.

In 500R, you can remove the middle hard disk cage if you are not going to use it. This helps with the airflow.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Adept
^^ #ChironX I strictly urge you Sire that you take either the NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 5500/- [it comes pre-bundled with 6 fans, rubber grommets for cable routing and holding] and it has great airflow, with a 650W Antec EarthWatts SMPS, there are no issues with cable management. In fact NZXT is stellar that most of its budget offerings [NZXT Gamma and Source series] and Mid-Tower cases come with a really large, clean and well thought out interiors with ample room for cable-management. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Tempest_EVO/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nzxt_tempest_evo/,

Pros:

• Sleek design
  • Great airflow
  • Solid black interior
  • Price
  • Decent cable managment
  • Bottom mounted PSU
  • Large CPU backplate access area
  • Six included case fans
  • Liquid cooling ready

Cons:

• Cable managment covers come off easily
  • No SSD mounting kit
  • A bit noisy

OR

Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5400/- is your other bet as it has amassed a really good reputation for some really good cable management, coupled with the fact that it is a budget bound enthusiasts dream with a lot of modding potential in it. I think Corsair bundles ~ 3 fans with the Corsair on sale. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_carbide_400r/,

Pros:

• Less than $100
  • Has room for ten fans
  • Has a built-in "handle"
  • Wire management is "airman-approved"
  • Front fan LEDs can be toggled on and off
  • Performance comes close to higher-end Corsair cases

Cons:

• Performance may suffer from lack of top exhaust fan
  • Front fan filter not easily removable like other Corsair cases

Hope this eases your search, Cheers!!

nr112

Disciple
Go with NZXT BETA EVO.It has very good cooling +cable management+6 pre installed cooling fans.for 6k.

If you have 4-5k budget than go with carbide 400 r ,it has 3 fans preinstalled and awesome cable management.

If you want looks +decent cooling,then go with nzxt Guardian 921 rb ,it comes with 3 fans preinstalled but you can add only one more fan in it.It also has a good cable management.