Car & Bike The bike thread!

stalker

Skilled
:bleh: to you if you came here expecting folks to discuss Hero Honda, Bajaj blah blah..

I just realized that there is a whole bunch of us here into another form of biking. One that involves humans as hamsters :cool2:

The basic idea behind the thread being to consolidate everything in one place, this subforum is pretty appropriate as well, coz at the end of the day, we are still getting from point A to point B on a vehicle.

Post with pictures, queries, buying advice.. anything goes :)

To kick things off,

Where I ride

p1010677.jpg
p1010680c.jpg

p1010676a.jpg

What I look like AFTER I ride :D

P1010681.JPG

What I ride

c47blue3q2100.jpg

Windsor Cliff4700

No thanks to the stoopid admeen :mad:

nukeu666 said:
Most prolly cycling to alibaug this weekend :D

pachas hazaar ki bike :O

Tum sahi jagah ja rahe ho :bleh:

(Translation for the hindi handicapped - A bike worth 50grand!! Alibaug is where you deserve to be!)

thanks to it being such an aweowsome sykil, ive been doing 700km/month since i got it :p

alibaug is a mere 60km away :p (less than 3 hours)

i ride a trek 4300 and a trek 1200D. selling the 4300 and getting a schwinn searcher sport in april second week
also have my old bsa mach 10 which i've converted into a cheap commuter :p

sexy new conti cityrides on the 4300, riding it on the roads is much more fun now :D

the 1.2 in the pic is a friends

@nuke, thats arvinds bike's pic :p

nukeu666 said:
oops, my bad...alibaug is 60 miles :p...make that 6 hours away

appo, visited the new big bike store yet?

I'm guessing that ur talking about the one Pune, the mall shall place..

I saw a few pics of it and can't seem to figure out the hoopla is about, other than the multitude of brands available (which is a good thing).

Folks from Madras might have seen this BSA store near Adyar bus depot.. (Not the one near the beach). based on pics they seem to be similarly sized.

@Appo,

That's actually first/last on my list of upgrades. Get a pair of slicks for the weekdays :)

Last coz I hope to step up.. To a better MTB sooner rather than later :D

I own a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 bike currently. Yes it costs 54k and its only an entry level road bike. I use garmin edge 305 to track my rides and save all the stats. It has played a considerable role in my training.
I also had owned a rocky mountain etsx 10 mountain bike last year which costed 80k but had to sell it coz i couldn't use it much around here.
You can catch me on dailymile: Roopak Suri is a cyclist | dailymile
I generally go for 60-70km rides along the noida-gr noida expressway. Have done a solo 100km ride also(noida - gurgaon - faridabad - back).
Here are some pics.

9bf400a84d34fb77804360e0f730d72c.jpg

22638_311170599607_508279607_3488093_8135673_n.jpg

22638_311165684607_508279607_3488081_3544260_n.jpg

My fastest ride: 40kmph average over 15kms. (Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 40kmph TT!!! over 15km)

Trek 4300 rider here. Have only just returned to cycling a while back. It's just an hour or two on the weekends as of now. Nice bikes you guys. I haven't had the time to take pics :mad: In fact, I'm posting from work.

@stalker, I knew you would start the thread like you said on BZ. Glad you did!

While BZ seemed to have a largish population, it's a whole new place out there.. It's gonna take some time getting used to that.. this seemed like the easier way out.

Especially now that there ARE quiet a few of us that ride regularly.

I saw a few pics of it and can't seem to figure out the hoopla is about

hoopla is the bikes are actually there to check out and try

most stores stock a bunch of mtbs and maybe a hybrid at the most...i doubt any store has road bikes in the store...so sizing and drooling is impossible

nukeu666 said:
hoopla is the bikes are actually there to check out and try
most stores stock a bunch of mtbs and maybe a hybrid at the most...i doubt any store has road bikes in the store...so sizing and drooling is impossible

+1, currently in roadbikes they have the trek 1.2, 1.5, giant TCR, giant FCR, merida roadrace 880, firefox 2200 and the bianchi areon sports on display and you can get a test ride of any bike on their indoor trainer

So, am thinking of getting a bicycle :D. What can I manage in about 300-350$? Mostly pavements and roads, maybe trails sometimes. I don't like the road bikes form where you have to lean into handle bars. So I guess I should look at Hybrid/Comfort bikes?

Also, is it advisable for a newbie to get one and assemble it? There seem to be great deals on Save Up To 60% Off Road Bikes, Bicycles, Mountain Bikes and Bicycles with Bikesdirect.com, New with full warranties but I'll have to assemble it myself.

Back