Car & Bike The bike thread!

take care stalker. I find riding on mumbai roads very dangerous especially early in the morning. riding everyday with a Raleigh helmet.

Got me some awesome new pedals :D

p1010692t.jpg

p1010693l.jpg

puns said:
take care stalker. I find riding on mumbai roads very dangerous especially early in the morning. riding everyday with a Raleigh helmet.

he is in amrika :bleh:
hope your head is ok now mr. stalker :)

So, have had the bike for about 3 weeks. Accumulated ~50 miles till now. Now that the weather is improving, hopefully can ride more regularly. Found some awesome bike paths around where I live. Good fun. :D

Snap1221.jpg

SC Loaded ;) http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/vroom-vroom-165230.html

My schedule is sorta ubiquitous with ~11km of travel during evening time minus what I travel during day time.

Today I had maximum of 30kmph for 40sec, with an average of 20.1kmph over 11km. Had to stop couple of time during bad traffic :mad:

Ohh and guys please post some bike maintenance tips ;)

apollyon said:
i ride a trek 4300 and a trek 1200D. selling the 4300 and getting a schwinn searcher sport in april second week
also have my old bsa mach 10 which i've converted into a cheap commuter :p

sexy new conti cityrides on the 4300, riding it on the roads is much more fun now :D

the 1.2 in the pic is a friends

@nuke, thats arvinds bike's pic :p
Appo don't use imgx its down quite a few times, rather use picasa or imageshack.

wipe down your chain and derailluers every 3-4 days and oil movable parts every month

no other maintainence needed unless something goes wrong

keep a spare tube and toolkit with you incase of puncture

Finally a bike computer for my ride...

The Bell F12 Bike Computer

Features:

Easy to install, Weather resistant, Battery included (1-button cell), Dim: 2.25" x 5" x 7.5 "

Description:

Bell, F12 Bike Computer Speedometer, Functions: Current Speed, Average Speed, Max Speed, MPH/KPH, Speed Tendency, Odometer, Trip Distance, Trip Timer, 12/24 Hour Clock, Scan, Auto Stop/Start, Larger Display Readout Is Easy To See, Easy Installation, Weather Resistant, Battery Included.

Paid $12 for it, at a Target store.

Impressions: A breeze to install, cleverly sought out, clear readout, enough features for the average joe, compact and it works quite well !

Top speed achieved: 29.2 KM/hr (testing phase, perfect conditions) Update: 33.9 KM/hr

Verdict: Simple, practical and affordable !

Went on my first real dirt trail :)

The excursion was a mix of a lot of road biking with the dirt trail thrown in.

Here's the route:

The dirt trail part (Betasso Loop):

3D view in Google Earth:

Some pics:

Details:
Top speed 40.5 mph (65.2 kmph) (wow)
Total distance (road): ~19 miles
Total Distance (dirt): ~ 3 miles
Total elevation change: 2803 ft (Nederland = 8233 ft, Boulder = 5430 ft)

Speed, distance measured by the same $10 schwinn bike computer as discussed above :)

Was totally exhilarating :eek:hyeah:

That looks nice. (18 miles. :O I hope to get there someday).

PS: You may want to reduce the size of the images or atleast, link to thumbnails.

Back