The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

I stopped all rooting activities bcs of the pending update. Hoping it would be on time. I though it was the 14th or the 17th? Is the 21st?

Yea,its on 21st Feb

Some of the officals have confirmed the date but you never know....

At first it was 17th but that was a mere speculation but lets hope we get the update by the end of feb....

But seriously,do you even think that you would be able to download the update on the very same day ?

Lol,alot of desperate PB owners out there dying for the highly awaited OS 2
<

Downloading will be the secondary concern, main will be "what's inside?" RIM showed some promises in CES 12, but going by the latest developer preview, there's a lot to be achieved. A lot of things are broken in the preview, which are supposed to be mended at the launch. Instead of keeping this as murder mystery, RIM could have opened up and asked developers to help the ecosystem grow. With incentives like free playbook, it would not have been difficult. The more behind they are, the more catch up game they have to play.

Downloading will be the secondary concern, main will be "what's inside?" RIM showed some promises in CES 12, but going by the latest developer preview, there's a lot to be achieved. A lot of things are broken in the preview, which are supposed to be mended at the launch. Instead of keeping this as murder mystery, RIM could have opened up and asked developers to help the ecosystem grow. With incentives like free playbook, it would not have been difficult. The more behind they are, the more catch up game they have to play.

#ayanavish

The developer version of OS2 will never have the complete feature nor all the apps that are in the final built

There is a reason why its called the"developer version"....its only meant for the devs and not the endusers though we still use it,thts a secondary thing.....

I have tested the OS2 developer ver. and the only thing broken was the video chat,everything else was just fine infact the browser is the one thing tht was improved apart from the overall UI and functionality.....

So yea,wait till the offical release and you will have all those features/ apps shown at CES and if not then i'll join you with the "RIM cursing"
<

And RIM does offer free playbooks to its developers....

search the interwebs,if u become a RIM dev then u get a free PB
<

My friend got the PB recently and on starting it takes to Software Update and then says "Could not connect to the server (2011)"

Any idea how to deal with this mess up

yup....

Been ruuning it from the past 2 days...

Really nice though i did use the OS2(beta) version b4 but a stable OS with added features is always amazing

Guys,RIM is giving Asphalt6 and ModernCombat 2 free as compliments to the big OS2

Get ur copy now !!

Latest update screwed my wifi - it would not connect to a buffalo b/g/n router or to a linksys b/g router. Be careful, am still in discussion with bb support on this.

You access it as a Drive on your network using wifi sharing option or install blackberry desktop software and connect and use it to browse the device.(This is not syncing like in ipad,it is normal storage model ike you access a drive in your comp)

^^Just as BB phones. Cool
<

Can the unlimited internet plan of a BB phone be used on the Playbook for web browsing via BB Bridge? If yes, have you tried it?

Does BB Playbook support 1080p MKV? High profile...

The Doc Says but not 1080p...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27267/Supported_Media_Types_on_BlackBerry_Tablets_(English).pdf

Can users commnet on this...

Planning to use this as my portable media player..?

BTW battery life on 720/1080p movies...

^^Just as BB phones. Cool
happy19.gif

Can the unlimited internet plan of a BB phone be used on the Playbook for web browsing via BB Bridge? If yes, have you tried it?

Although i havent tried it,it should work as it is the purpose of the Bridge

Does BB Playbook support 1080p MKV? High profile...

The Doc Says but not 1080p...

http://docs.blackber...ablets_(English).pdf

Can users commnet on this...

Planning to use this as my portable media player..?

BTW battery life on 720/1080p movies...

It suppots 1080p mp4 very well.I havent tried the 1080p mkv.The battery life is good even with hd videos.

Back