The Brilliant Shashi Tharoor Speech... Slap on face for the Advocates of British Colonial Rule

You need to know What dirty tricks Gandhi/Nehru both have played to the Indians https://nehrufamily.wordpress.com/
You're undermining the whole freedom struggle & disregarding the people who sacrificed there lives. This video was posted to make you understand, how atrocious was the British rule. We, born in independent India Take this freedom for granted and talk so irresponsibly.

You don't understand Mr Gandhi either, he was a institution in himself.

1. Non violence : wasn't meant to show our weakness. It was deliberately planned so that we don't loose on enlightened freedom fighters easily. In a population of roughly 30 CR, with 40% literacy it was very difficult to get educated people brave enough for the struggle.

Educated people were fearful for their lives as violent protesters were dealt severely by the British. People like Bhagat Singh, Azad were either Hanged or brutally hunted down, it would have made no sense as their numbers were very small.

Non violence was such a great weapon so that we could save many enlightened freedom fighters lives & with their network many others joined the struggle.

Any brutality against the non violent protesters would have been shameful for the British Govt.

2 Truth : we Indians are hippocrites of the highest order. Unless we be truthful to each other no struggle would have succeeded.

He fought against the religious and caste division so that as many as people could join the freedom struggle.

This growing opposition to British rule ( PITA) made them move their @$$ out of the country to get rid of pain. BTW before going they left a PITA for us in the name of Pakistan.

In the case of the Indian Freedom struggle it would make sense to rephrase the popular saying as follows - "One man's freedom fighter is another man's nuisance". Churchill and many high ranking British officials viewed Gandhi as a nuisance. Why? Many Britishers were firmly convinced that "India" never existed to begin with. Focus on this. Why were the Britisher's so adamant that "India" never existed and would never exist? And this attitude existed well before 1947. Did the Britisher's see something that we Indians are blind to even today? I strongly believe so. The Britisher's knew that while Gandhi fought for country India, his followers instead were fighting for Independence from British. Fighting for Independence from the Britisher's does not necessarily mean that one would want achieve Independence for India. Majority of the present-day Indian population are under the false belief that the idea of a United India existed well before 1947. This misguided belief is far far from the truth and is the single biggest reasons why there are Idiots who label Gandhi & Nehru as traitors. It was because of their blind followers that Gandhi & Nehru were forced to make hard decisions, the same decisions for which they are being labelled as traitors today.

From your post, it seems to me that you are someone who firmly believes that a united India existed in the hearts and minds of the people native to the Indian subcontinent (notice how i use "Indian Subcontinent" instead of "India" or "country") well before the day we achieved independence. A united India never existed then and it still doesn't exist even today.

While external factors did play a large role in forcing the Britisher's to leave, Gandhi's principles also played an equally large role if not the largest of all the factors. I however disagree that the his followers consciously believed in fighting for a united India. Rather, his followers only wanted the Britishers to leave.

Lord Nemesis believes that there only existed two separate, collective perspectives in 1947. I on the other hand see three very different collective perspectives.
1) Britisher's believed that the whole Indian Freedom Movement was fighting for a country that never existed and thus considered the movement a nuisance.
2) Gandhi believed in a united India and thus started the Non-cooperation movement.
3) Gandhi's followers only fought for independence from the Britisher's and never saw eye-to-eye with Gandhi's idea of a united India.

That's exactly what the video is all about. Tharoor's speech brings to light certain aspects of the British Raj, the accuracy of which can be contested as well. Tharoor's speech highlights the following -
1) The Britisher's had gained far far more from the Indian subcontinent than what some well-educated British scholars would like to believe.
2) The British Raj was oppressive and demoralizing and not just violent.

Tharoor's speech however does not:
1) Claim that the Oppressive and Violent British Raj is responsible for majority if not all of present-day problems in India.
2) Indirectly suggest that we kicked the Britisher's out of our country.
3) Suggest that Nehru and Gandhi are traitors.
4) Suggest that a united India existed well before 1947.

Very True.

But then you do a full 180 and claim Pakistan to be a PITA. Really?

I do subscribe to your idea about the biggest flaw in Indian thinking, well perceived & exploited by the British.
But,
Though united India did not exist before 1947, but the Idea of united India under one Ruler (idea of Democracy wasn't available then) always existed. From Kanishk to Aurangzeb , Ashoka , Akbar every Great Ruler who ruled India aspired of gaining the full control over the subcontinent. No ruler was strong enough, Consistent enough , Organized enough & Most Importantly BRUTAL enough to achieve that feat.
Aurangazeb achieved 75% of control , which was highest for any emperor who ruled India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akbar#/media/File:Mughal_Historical_Map.png

But what I differ here is that I don't blame my ancestors for not being united. The geographic, Linguistic, Religious & cultural barriers across India were so powerful that it wasn't easy to unify them. it was simply not possible in that era. Even in present era of communications it is partially achieved. This era we are not limited by resources to reach each other, but sadly by the mindset !
Though, It is easier said than done , and that let the British exploit the situation. British rulers on the other hand were strong, Consistent, organized and Brutal enough to rule this country as a whole.

Coming back to Tharoor speech , You Missed two Important points he raised throughout his debate
1. He does mention clearly that we Snatched our democracy and Freedom from the British ! Please listen again & I firmly believe that Indian freedom struggle , Initially perceived as PITA and overlooked by the British as useless exercise ; led to their departure from the most rewarding British Colony they controlled !

2. Most Important point (than the one previous) : The successful democracies owe majority of their success to the SLAVE ECONOMY ! Please concentrate on the part where he is interrupted by a female questioner and he re- Asserts the fact. Obviously India isn't as successful as others because we literally started with a Zero . Our democracy wasn't sponsored by a Slave economy or colonial earnings so we should find some respite from self pity.

Coming to the 180 turn:
I tried to subtly mention what you phrased very well ("One man's freedom fighter is another man's nuisance"). Today we are viewing 'Azaad Kashmir' voices as PITA or Pak Sponsored terrorism and moving on. But tomorrow if Kashmir were to be independent the same would be viewed as 68yrs of freedom struggle by Kashmiris !
The Partition of India ( Biggest Mass Migration in World History) - as East & West Pakistan initially - The division was So illogical by shear geographical locations ( Also South Pakistan if Hyderabad Nizam was able to execute it ) ; as something which was un-necessary. It is the fear of mass killings of Minorities by Hindu dominated Independent India as Fueled by then British Govt. (as Part of their Divide & rule) was a important factor in the Partition. Neither MK Gandhi or Maulana Credentials could stop that. It was something which should not have occurred in the first place. The Partition was a biggest scar in Indian history & British contribution for it is a well known affair.
Partition followed by minimally Democratic Pak Rulers are a PITA left to us by a British rule.

As I mentioned Previously , We should be grateful to British for two things:
Partially Unifying India and the Knowledge of English Language. Which opened mind of free thinkers . We need not be thankful to British for the Infrastructure created in India because most of it was directed towards supporting the transport of their loot, Also the education system which was meant to make Educated Clerks to serve the British interests.

I understand the Wrath of current generation and partly subscribe to it.
WE DID NOT LEARN LESSONS FROM OUR OWN HISTORY
Whatever Independence we got from the British we lost it to Corrupt Politicians , Bureaucrats & Business Class with unscrupulous practices.
Thus in Independent India , Cong (Corrupt Politicians ) Became the new British , Wicked Indian Entrepreneurs replaced the East India Company & Corrupt Bureaucrats replaced Robert Clive !
Now (probably) unfortunately the BJP will become the New Cong & this cycle will go on. ..

Just a stupid speech to stir a sensation since Tharoor strives on being a web/twitter hero. He should rather answer: who killed my wife..! LOL. I really do not understand the request for an apology fervor around this. It was due to our own mistakes and selfish motives that a foreign power ruled over India. Indians cannot live in harmony unless there is a strong ruling hand over them. That is the basic nature. British gave the region independence, and see what happened, literally the next day. There were mass killings when people were migrating. Till date people of different groups and ethnic mark up cannot live in peace and not doubt each other, here in India. It is a natural instinct to see a bad deed done by someone (British here for example) and exonerate ones self esteem from being a failure and looser (Indians here for example). And to add insult to injury: demand an apology for it. India is a failing state (not yet failed) and going down hill pronto. Just because we are showing 6-7% growth does not negate our internal weaknesses and the discord our societal culture is founded on. Instead of blaming our goof ups since 1947, we are rewinding the clock further to do a moronic RCA. Guys like Tharoor should be stripped of their facilities and sent to an asylum to be rehabilitated and forced to keep their traps shut.

You're undermining the whole freedom struggle & disregarding the people who sacrificed there lives. This video was posted to make you understand, how atrocious was the British rule. We, born in independent India Take this freedom for granted and talk so irresponsibly.

I believe in calling a spade a spade. People may have died, but it doesn't mean it was effective. As I said before, the only part of the freedom struggle that had any impact was the violent ones and even that was no where enough to budge the British. I may not have experienced it directly, but my father has seen and experienced it himself and told me a lot about it

You don't understand Mr Gandhi either, he was a institution in himself.

You do realize that Gandhi was a racist who justified and even cheered the British massacring countless tribal folk in Africa who were fighting for their freedom and their lands with their bows and arrows, just because he thought they were racially inferior people. When he was given a dose of the same medicine on a train in Africa, he realized that the British didn't care two hoots about his "Superior Indian" background and then started taking about oppression and freedom. but that still didn't stop many of his prejudices from continuing.

Of course, he was an institution in himself, after all he was a control freak who was not only responsible for partition of the country and for delivering the country into the perverse hands of the Nehru family, but also for destroying his own family. His son turned bitter because Gandhi tried to control his life. His son wanted to peruse law, but he was forbade from it because it would look bad for Gandhi if his son went to London to studies.

Gandhi did have a strong personality, charisma, oration skills and controlling behaviour required of a leader, but it does not necessarily mean that all of it was good for us.

Non violence : wasn't meant to show our weakness. It was deliberately planned so that we don't loose on enlightened freedom fighters easily. In a population of roughly 30 CR, with 40% literacy it was very difficult to get educated people brave enough for the struggle.

It was called a non-violent struggle, but it was not really a peaceful one either. That is why it was even a mild bit of nuisance for the British even though it was never enough to make a real difference towards its intended goal. However there were also countless occasions when the non-violent protests turned violent. In any case, there were many who realized the futility of this form of struggle with Bhagat Singh and S.C. Bose being just two examples of the same.

Furthermore, the people of this country were never fully sincere and trustworthy to begin with. So it was not even a cohesive effort to begin with and there were always cracks and holes because of differences and discrimination among the people.

People love to say that the British tried to divide and rule strategies, but people of this country were divided right from the start which was why invaders were always able to walk in so easily. It is absurd to think that the British could not deal with it.

This growing opposition to British rule ( PITA) made them move their @$$ out of the country to get rid of pain. BTW before going they left a PITA for us in the name of Pakistan.

Well, I won't deny you your delusions. I base my thinking on logic and practicality coupled with knowledge that I manage to acquire and I don't mind calling a spade a spade as bluntly as I can. I don't see a damn reason why the British would move out just because of the fractured struggle put up by our ancestors.

As for Pakistan, It was primarily a product of the discriminative tendencies of Gandhi and the people around him. For the most part it was Gandhi who was arbitrarily calling the shots on who takes what responsibility after independence and it was his decisions that ultimately lead to the creation of a separate country. In fact this was part of the reason that ultimately lead to his assassination by Godse/RSS.

Of course the British and Americans would love the idea that a country which has become too strong during the world war would breakdown and stay busy fighting each other. It would be just the way that it was before they took over. So why would they not support it and if possible fuel the fire even more.

Idiots who have never moved a finger for the country are calling the freedom struggle as ineffective and failure and what not. And if times comes for another struggle tomorrow, these idiots will prefer to sit home and criticize those that are actually out there struggling. Dont waste your energy debating these idiots. Let them be.

Idiots who have never moved a finger for the country are calling the freedom struggle as ineffective and failure and what not. And if times comes for another struggle tomorrow, these idiots will prefer to sit home and criticize those that are actually out there struggling. Dont waste your energy debating these idiots. Let them be.
I disagree with you on that. By saying that those idiots have the capability to criticize the ones that would be struggling is giving them too much leverage. They dont know anything. And the only buyest or selective knowledge they have is through there fathers and all.

They won't try anything because they already know that they are too weak to defend themselves and so the aggressors cannot be forced out. So it's useless to struggle.

What they would be expecting is that the worldwar 3 will somehow breakout and weaken the aggressor country and then they would start sugar coating the aggressors, clean there feets and request or beg them to leave. And according to them, the aggressors would leave as well. ;) lol

Last edited:
Freedom from the Britishers =/= United India

Please replace the words in bold with "sensing an opportunity".

When British do it, it was their excellence in organizational skills, When Indians do it, It needs to be corrected as Sensing the Opportunity.

Just a stupid speech to stir a sensation since Tharoor strives on being a web/twitter hero. He should rather answer: who killed my wife..! LOL. I really do not understand the request for an apology fervor around this. It was due to our own mistakes and selfish motives that a foreign power ruled over India. Indians cannot live in harmony unless there is a strong ruling hand over them. That is the basic nature. British gave the region independence, and see what happened, literally the next day. There were mass killings when people were migrating. Till date people of different groups and ethnic mark up cannot live in peace and not doubt each other, here in India. It is a natural instinct to see a bad deed done by someone (British here for example) and exonerate ones self esteem from being a failure and looser (Indians here for example). And to add insult to injury: demand an apology for it. India is a failing state (not yet failed) and going down hill pronto. Just because we are showing 6-7% growth does not negate our internal weaknesses and the discord our societal culture is founded on. Instead of blaming our goof ups since 1947, we are rewinding the clock further to do a moronic RCA. Guys like Tharoor should be stripped of their facilities and sent to an asylum to be rehabilitated and forced to keep their traps shut.

I sincerely hope it wasn't you who typed this reply (probably your driver did ;)), Why are you shooting a messenger when you don't like the message ? why his wife's death has to be brought in here ? Argue with him in a factual way if possible.
We , Indians were inherently very bad (according to you); doesn't absolve the British from their responsibilities. even a Prostitute can file a case of rape & demand a legal action !
If you still think & firmly believe that we are a failed state, Consider Migrating ! I would have , If I firmly believed in such a propaganda.

All so called successful nations have achieved such a feat in the constant nationalist work over the last 250yrs ! take any developed nation for example, development in the last 250 yrs have been very crucial in their elevation. Also last 250 years have seen a unprecedented change in thinking, research and scientific achievements . Unfortunately for India, we lost those crucial 200yrs in serving the British Interests & hardly any nation building could have been done. We are a younger nation and with very well known cultural, religious and linguistic diversity it is difficult but not an impossible task. Nation building is much of WIP and it is unfair to be so much pessimistic about the current developments. Do you think nothing has changed since 1947 in a positive direction ? And we were better off being governed by British or some brutal external force ? this is the thought process of people in 70-80s and seriously outdated !
The same point has been well tackled by Tharoor in a Factual way , which this speech represents.

I believe in calling a spade a spade. People may have died, but it doesn't mean it was effective. As I said before, the only part of the freedom struggle that had any impact was the violent ones and even that was no where enough to budge the British. I may not have experienced it directly, but my father has seen and experienced it himself and told me a lot about it

You do realize that Gandhi was a racist who justified and even cheered the British massacring countless tribal folk in Africa who were fighting for their freedom and their lands with their bows and arrows, just because he thought they were racially inferior people. When he was given a dose of the same medicine on a train in Africa, he realized that the British didn't care two hoots about his "Superior Indian" background and then started taking about oppression and freedom. but that still didn't stop many of his prejudices from continuing.

Of course, he was an institution in himself, after all he was a control freak who was not only responsible for partition of the country and for delivering the country into the perverse hands of the Nehru family, but also for destroying his own family. His son turned bitter because Gandhi tried to control his life. His son wanted to peruse law, but he was forbade from it because it would look bad for Gandhi if his son went to London to studies.

Gandhi did have a strong personality, charisma, oration skills and controlling behaviour required of a leader, but it does not necessarily mean that all of it was good for us.

It was called a non-violent struggle, but it was not really a peaceful one either. That is why it was even a mild bit of nuisance for the British even though it was never enough to make a real difference towards its intended goal. However there were also countless occasions when the non-violent protests turned violent. In any case, there were many who realized the futility of this form of struggle with Bhagat Singh and S.C. Bose being just two examples of the same.

Furthermore, the people of this country were never fully sincere and trustworthy to begin with. So it was not even a cohesive effort to begin with and there were always cracks and holes because of differences and discrimination among the people.

People love to say that the British tried to divide and rule strategies, but people of this country were divided right from the start which was why invaders were always able to walk in so easily. It is absurd to think that the British could not deal with it.

Well, I won't deny you your delusions. I base my thinking on logic and practicality coupled with knowledge that I manage to acquire and I don't mind calling a spade a spade as bluntly as I can. I don't see a damn reason why the British would move out just because of the fractured struggle put up by our ancestors.

As for Pakistan, It was primarily a product of the discriminative tendencies of Gandhi and the people around him. For the most part it was Gandhi who was arbitrarily calling the shots on who takes what responsibility after independence and it was his decisions that ultimately lead to the creation of a separate country. In fact this was part of the reason that ultimately lead to his assassination by Godse/RSS.

Of course the British and Americans would love the idea that a country which has become too strong during the world war would breakdown and stay busy fighting each other. It would be just the way that it was before they took over. So why would they not support it and if possible fuel the fire even more.

This is typical RSS way of Nationalism, Gandhi was too much ahead of his time, He truly focused on Nation building apart from fighting the British. He knew very well that we won't be better off just by getting Rid of British, Hence he Focused on correcting the deep rooted inequalities in Indian society and attracted the Wrath of Upper Castes. The second biggest misery in Indian freedom struggle apart from Partition is Mr MK Gandhi's Untimely death. We Lost him when we needed him Most. That lead us to a relatively blunderous Nehruvian Ideology of Nation Building & we are slowly coming out of it.

Apart from Your father's views (which would be more authentic as first hand experience , than convoluted media & historian views) I fail find any document claiming Indian freedom struggle as ineffective, or impact less. Do share a document if possible.

I can understand the anger and frustration you are feeling, Even I can't stand people without a national pride, But to call someone a Idiot on a public forum is a mistake.
Guys , why you have to indulge in mud slinging if the other person disagrees with your opinion. Why we have to end every discussion like this ?

Last edited:
I sincerely hope it wasn't you who typed this reply (probably your driver did ;)), Why are you shooting a messenger when you don't like the message ? why his wife's death has to be brought in here ? Argue with him in a factual way if possible.
We , Indians were inherently very bad (according to you); doesn't absolve the British from their responsibilities. even a Prostitute can file a case of rape & demand a legal action !
If you still think & firmly believe that we are a failed state, Consider Migrating ! I would have , If I firmly believed in such a propaganda.

All so called successful nations have achieved such a feat in the constant nationalist work over the last 250yrs ! take any developed nation for example, development in the last 250 yrs have been very crucial in their elevation. Also last 250 years have seen a unprecedented change in thinking, research and scientific achievements . Unfortunately for India, we lost those crucial 200yrs in serving the British Interests & hardly any nation building could have been done. We are a younger nation and with very well known cultural, religious and linguistic diversity it is difficult but not an impossible task. Nation building is much of WIP and it is unfair to be so much pessimistic about the current developments. Do you think nothing has changed since 1947 in a positive direction ? And we were better off being governed by British or some brutal external force ? this is the thought process of people in 70-80s and seriously outdated !
The same point has been well tackled by Tharoor in a Factual way , which this speech represents.

Nice joke. No, I do not have a driver. Thanks.

The reason being: because people like Tharoor have become media mongrels. The ministers these days
are so caught up the hype of twitter and the web. It is literally sickening. It has been magnified even more (for the worse) by Modi and his new government. Instead of clearing his name from scams and murder scenarios, Tharoor is barking his mouth off and creating more sensation. Honestly cannot these ministers just sit in their offices and do good for the nation.

What do you mean, absolve the British from their responsibilities..? Are they supposed to stand up and apologize now.? It is over. 70 years have passed. They did not commit some genocide. We were a slave colony and have been granted our freedom. There is nothing much more they can do. Taking pride in how India helped British eons ago, makes no sense and does not take us forward. Or requesting historical entitlement is even more cheap and spineless. Rather we should stand up, leave the colonial past behind and try to be better than them. See Singapore which was ousted out by Malaysia and how they developed. See how Germany after WW2 was quite a rut and became the key owner of the EU. See how Japan was bombed to Kingdom - come, and rose from the ashes. What did we do after independence. We killed our neighbors, raped their daughters, and stole their property. In the name of: ethnicity and religion. Move forward to the new era of India. It is still happening. Have we matured as a nation in our thinking and outlook. No. We are boorish, savage and still lament and crib like villagers around a dry water well.

Regarding India being a failed state. Why should I migrate...? After migrating my inputs around this should cease..? I do not get your sense of logic. And why are you attacking me. Like how I attacked Tharoor..???

What you call WIP is just managing work. There is hardly any progress in India. It all sounds cool and factual on papers but it is baseless. I do not even want to list the issues and problems we are bogged with. Just because we have some brass and tacky Tier A,B cities. Does not mean we are a successful nation. Else we can wait 200 years. Keep our thoughts and critique suppressed, and let monkeys like Tharoor flourish.

Tharoor was just being a nuisance. That too when he is so intelligent.

What exactly is it that you want from the British? A public apology? If so, then do you believe that an apology will solve all of our present day problems? I don't mind you demanding an apology from the British and i couldn't care less if they even publicly apologized.

This video should either serve as a source of education or at the least positive motivation but not one for nationalism. Nationalistic attitudes like yours are unproductive to say the least.

There are idiots out there who are these days claim that Mahatma Gandhi is a traitor. Hell! Someone wrote a book about it! When it should only be the Britishers disrespecting Mahatma Gandhi, instead we're doing it for them. If attitudes like these exist then it points out the sad truth about what motivated majority of the members of the freedom movement. Everybody was in it for Independence while no one gave two hoots about Mahatma Gandhi's principles.

Everything you've typed here is thanks to Tharoor. I doubt you did any research on the topic prior to this video. Tharoor certainly has done a excellent job of eloquently vivifying the topic hasn't he? And your nationalistic attitude is proof!

Does this video make me uncomfortable? Yes it does!
Why does this video make me uncomfortable? Because Tharoor has done something that is very uncharacteristic of him.

Let me explain. Tharoor is a silver-tongued, natural-born diplomat. Prior to this video Tharoor has always portrayed himself a cerebral/analytical thinker (sans the congenital vacillation) and a natural-born problem-solver who is capable of offering a truly well-balanced perspective for any subject. His intelligence, education and work experience bestow upon him an unparalleled ability to weigh the pros and cons on any topic.

In this video, Tharoor did something that i did not expect one bit. He chose a side! And he did so with passion.

Did he know that his speech would stir strong nationalistic sentiments? I'm pretty sure he did. Rousing nationalistic sentiments suits any crude, two-bit politician. But not Tharoor.

Was there some political mileage to his speech? Only Tharoor has the answer to this question. Has this speech cleared him of the controversies from his past? Time will tell.

The day he gave this speech was the day he graduated to a politician. Judging by your spellbound fascination, Tharoor's performance deserves no less praise than a magician who successfully pulled off his ultimate magic trick!

I Missed this whole reply of yours due to Tapatalk issues, Most of the things have been cleared by now, Including the need for my own research.
Yes , I Loved every bit of a speech, I have heard many recent speakers , but none gave factual account of our miseries during British Rule, He communicated very well. A person with such command on English Language & wealth of Academic knowledge, rarely speaks in support of my country. They're (The People with wealth of historic knowledge) fixed with Pseudo sense of Bias that, they tend to end up supporting the opposites (Something like Pseudo Secularism - You end up being non secular , in favor of minorities). British controlled everything during their rule, so the so called evidence based academic knowledge is based upon what the historians chose to write about. It wasn't fool proof either. It is only the factual representation of our losses during World Wars (which also I think suffers from Tip of Iceberg Phenomenon) , Indicates how cruel was the British rule.

If You Debate regularly You know this; '' Speeches are Like Babies; Easy to Conceive & difficult to Deliver '' & He delivered it pretty well.

What exactly is it that you want the "idiots", whom you speak of, to do? If i were to mirror your train of thought and expectations, then i'm assuming you nothing less than that they travel back in time by building a time machine in order to take part in the freedom struggle. Instead of responding by writing off a post try encouraging a tangible response.

I don't quite follow you.

I am talking about the inherent Bias in Indian mindset towards westerners in General, Whole thing was about sensing the opportunity. They Came as Merchants & sensed the opportunity & Soon Controlled the whole nation. We sensed the opportunity during Second world war & Got rid of them ! If I feel shameful for British Ruling India due to our weaknesses, I should feel equally Proud that We Made the Mighty British Leave the country due to our freedom struggle. Why such a Bias for our achievements ?

Nice joke. No, I do not have a driver. Thanks.

The reason being: because people like Tharoor have become media mongrels. The ministers these days
are so caught up the hype of twitter and the web. It is literally sickening. It has been magnified even more (for the worse) by Modi and his new government. Instead of clearing his name from scams and murder scenarios, Tharoor is barking his mouth off and creating more sensation. Honestly cannot these ministers just sit in their offices and do good for the nation.

What do you mean, absolve the British from their responsibilities..? Are they supposed to stand up and apologize now.? It is over. 70 years have passed. They did not commit some genocide. We were a slave colony and have been granted our freedom. There is nothing much more they can do. Taking pride in how India helped British eons ago, makes no sense and does not take us forward. Or requesting historical entitlement is even more cheap and spineless. Rather we should stand up, leave the colonial past behind and try to be better than them. See Singapore which was ousted out by Malaysia and how they developed. See how Germany after WW2 was quite a rut and became the key owner of the EU. See how Japan was bombed to Kingdom - come, and rose from the ashes. What did we do after independence. We killed our neighbors, raped their daughters, and stole their property. In the name of: ethnicity and religion. Move forward to the new era of India. It is still happening. Have we matured as a nation in our thinking and outlook. No. We are boorish, savage and still lament and crib like villagers around a dry water well.

Regarding India being a failed state. Why should I migrate...? After migrating my inputs around this should cease..? I do not get your sense of logic. And why are you attacking me. Like how I attacked Tharoor..???

What you call WIP is just managing work. There is hardly any progress in India. It all sounds cool and factual on papers but it is baseless. I do not even want to list the issues and problems we are bogged with. Just because we have some brass and tacky Tier A,B cities. Does not mean we are a successful nation. Else we can wait 200 years. Keep our thoughts and critique suppressed, and let monkeys like Tharoor flourish.

Tharoor was just being a nuisance. That too when he is so intelligent.

Sorry it wasn't meant to attack the Messenger , My apologies if you felt that way.

Your comments indicate a deep rooted pessimism; Neither Our Past was any good, Nor our current situation is any good, Nor Our Future (this is what implies by a highly Judgmental Verdict as a FAILED NATION) is going to be any better. This utter sense of hopelessness is irritating. It is worst to live without a hope, Your comments are spewing that profound pessimism. Hence comes a strong reply for anybody who wholeheartedly believes that nothing can be improved in this country to consider migration. I won't live a single day in a place without a hope . Even APJ Believed that we will be a Super Power by 2025 (Wings of Fire).

But Seriously, do you believe nothing has changed since 1947 in positive direction ?? We were better off with continuation of British rule ? I am not asking the speed of developments here which is very subjective, developments in general.
We cannot compare ourselves to Japan, Singapore and you, very well know it.
Yes Nation building is a constant WIP, our problems are very different so our solutions are.
Indian Freedom Struggle was a hallmark of our uniqueness. Just blindly applying western Philosophy & Yardsticks to Judge our achievements is unfair !
From Tandoori Pizza to AAP Everything in this country is unique. Our Problems are Unique & We have to find Unique solutions & We Will. Just Aping or Translating the Western solutions and expecting it to work wonders is foolishness. to Give a verdict as a Failed nation on those basis is discomforting.

finally about Tharoor, The politicians of his genre have to occupy the social media space , which is a must for their political career. You know the last Loksabha election , it's result & the role of social media. I don't see any wrong in that. But not every politician can manage his image on social media well. though, I am not a supporter of Tharoor in general (you can read my views on his wife's death).

Last edited:
Back