The CAT 2009 Discussion Thread

Guys CAT-2009 is already going on all full-swing or rather all mellow considering the issues it has been facing country-wide.
So,it would be good if those guys who have 'already' given the CAT-2009 may post their experiences.It would help to clear a lot of fuss that is circulating in the media.
For starters.
1.CAT-2009 has 60 questions with 20 questions each on Verbal Ability,Quantitative Aptitude,Data Interpretation&Logical Reasoning
2. PLEASE POST ONLY EXPERIENCES,THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN THE TEST.PLEASE DON"T POST SPECULATIONS AND CRAP THE THREAD!
3.questions discussion is welcome but may be done only through personal messages:tongue:

I dont think there's any problem in discussing the paper..participants hav agreed not to disclose the paper, its a personal risk limited to invalidating your test scores..nothing illegal or against the law..

So will someone one please tell me how was the paper..i hav zero prep :(

first day, second shift, had no idea about paper level\difficulty etc.:D

I am actually happy that I opted for first day sow(having exam from monday, so I had to choose it), I din't have any anxiety and pressue to attempt more and it was really peaceful.

I gave it my best shot and all in all if IIMs don't **** up too bad, I should get some decent precentile.

Some students from my batch accidentally logged out after clicking end on the Review window. Here at thakur centre, 2nd slot batch was already delayed due to delay in 1st slot batch and they started exam by logging in students in hurry after biometrics.

Few students who didnt have access to pc (most of them from outstation, konkan and nearby areas ) by mistake ended test when they pressed END button on review screen.

Then the bloody supervise announced not to do so loudly in the lab and 3-4 students logged out by mistake like this. Poor guys were absolutely shattered. Then the supervise filed online report for them and talked to prometric and issued them ticket number. Hopefully they get to take the test again.

The system needs to be more full proof. They as it is need to log the user off manually from terminal, there should be failsafe that students shouldnt be able to log off themselves by mistake. Also the end button on the review screen should take the user back to main question set.

This interface is bad for those who are not too used to it or didnt take tutorial or didnt understand the tutorial properly in those 15 mins.

I talked with the supervisor after exam and this thing is happening daily for sizeable number students in addition to the server and TCflow glitches.

Also an entire row had system glitch in morning batch as well. This has turned out to be one big mess.

$#&@##$% IIMs..The timer was on 15 min and suddenly came to 1.20 mins..WTF???

Though the time give was fullatleast everyone ended approx on the same time, but why the hell was i deceived with the wrong time...I want a goddamn paper exam..

There are very concrete disadvantages to the students, only consolation being that everyone has those disadvantages..i mean systemic, else others like me are having loads more like buttons not working, wrong time, comp crashing and all..

Party Monger said:
$#&@##$% IIMs..The timer was on 15 min and suddenly came to 1.20 mins..WTF???
Though the time give was fullatleast everyone ended approx on the same time, but why the hell was i deceived with the wrong time...I want a goddamn paper exam..
There are very concrete disadvantages to the students, only consolation being that everyone has those disadvantages..i mean systemic, else others like me are having loads more like buttons not working, wrong time, comp crashing and all..

sad,mate/
didn't u report the same to the prometric staff,since every one would have started by the same time.
So,your test completed around 15 minutes before every one else's.and there could be no excuse for that.

you should mail the same to prometric.

parasharenator said:
sad,mate/
didn't u report the same to the prometric staff,since every one would have started by the same time.
So,your test completed around 15 minutes before every one else's.and there could be no excuse for that.

you should mail the same to prometric.
No test completed on the right time, the time left shown on the screen was slow or had some problem..:mad:

parasharenator said:
are you sure,or you did questions extra fast in the last minute and a half:rofl:

Read wat i sed properly..I was under the impresion 15 min are left, since i took the tutioral first, my exam started 1.20min late..So my partner's exam ended and suddenly my pc's timer jumped from 15 to 1 min:(:mad:
abt 15 question un attempted, could hav atleast done 8..

now Iam even more confused.
You get 2 hour 15 minutes for the test,right.
And the 15minutes for tutorial are extra,not included.or was it 2 hours 30 minutes including the tutorial.correct me wherever Iam wrong.
and so you are supposed to obv. start tutorial before you start exam.and that's what you did.
But how come your exam started 1.20 minutes late,,it should be 15 minutes if you mean other guys didn't read the tutorial and you did.or do you intend to say that you read the tutorial in 1.20 minutes and no one else read the tutorial .hence you were 1.20 minutes late in starting the test from others.
and how come did it jump from 15 minutes to 1.20 then..:mad:bad:mad:

parasharenator said:
do you intend to say that you read the tutorial in 1.20 minutes and no one else read the tutorial .hence you were 1.20 minutes late in starting the test from others.
and how come did it jump from 15 minutes to 1.20 then..:mad:bad:mad:

Exactly... Thats what im wondering, though i got the full time, the timer was deceiving, ruins your strategy for the test..And theres no other way to check the time:mad:

my test was yesterday in blore garden science college at 3.30 pm i came at 1.15 but my name and some of students names were not showing up in the list on computer and they were trying to pulse the shit.Nothing showed up there was no prometric guy 2 handle as he was busy in some other site code center i had wait till 6.30 and those invililators just know to laugh and say we are doing it bt the pulse is not showing up that too laughin that fcking moron..!! i said the lady could u give me access to the db so that i can see if my name is there or not and try 2 query order by the pro metric id they said cant and last that pro metric guys comes and say u r exam has be rescheduled dint say when bt said to check mail and call the toll free no and now i am checking my mail no mail from prometric abt the rescheduled date and no one is answering the call too one of my fren contacted in delhi he was said that the date would be on 9 th ... simply travel from mangalore to blore i.e 10 hrs and all the kharcha of hotel food and shit down the drain me goin back 2 mlore via 2 bus aftern fck prometric fck cat

on a sad note, I think the guys like me who gave it on the first day were the unluckiest of all.**** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.:|

I feel for you buddy.

I gave my CAT today in RV Institute of Management and it went off beautifully. I'm not talking about the test, but the arrangements. It was really good. Super professional.

I feel lucky that the centre closest to my house(2 mins by car) is definitely one of the best centres in the city.

We started our test by 9:45 am itself. My comp had some problem and the guys in charge shifted me to a different system. That too didnt work properly. Then they shifted me to a thrid system and that worked flawlessly.

I appreciate the fact that they had a few spare systems as a backup for unexpected failures.

Back