PC Peripherals The Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio Processor Accelerates PC Games by 17%

sridhanush

Disciple
“For the first time ever, we have an audio processor that is capable of delivering frame rate acceleration simultaneously with advanced 3D audio processing,†said George Thorn, director of developer relations for Creative. “Our early testing demonstrates that the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor can increase frame rates by 17 percent over host audio, and we are optimistic that percentage will increase even more once our hardware has been finalized.â€

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/pressreleasearticle.asp?searchid=138

Naah..... all this is marketing bull$#!t. Let us wait till we get an actual review from one of the better sites like Anandtech, etc.....

THG also had a recent preview of X-Fi and they praised it to the sky in that article......

It was posted on TE itself....

OT: I guess you must have done well in Physics today seeing that you are posting on TE :) Good for you....

EDIT: I just read the whole article and I am impressed..... If what Creative claims is true, then it is really awesome.

They do seem to have been very careful and seem to have benchmarked it honestly.....

But we can never say anything until i actually comes onto the market and undergoes some testing by impartial sites....

They shud have compared the difference in performance between the Audigy/Audigy2/ZS and X-fi. I'm betting they'll have the same framerates :p. Everyone knows how cpu hungry mobo audio is while running in EAX2 mode.

I agree with Chaos.
Onboard sound is known to consume CPU cycles while the whole thing about Audigy right from the beginning (and for gfx processors frm Geforce up) is that it does not use the CPU at all.

Back