The Desktop Thread!!

My current desktop. :D

desktopshadow.jpg

whatever points BluffMaster is highlighting about Vista.. is all from the End User Point of View. Infact even end users know the main reason why Vista Sux.

It goes such,
Windows 95 -- > Windows 98 --- > Windows ME(reason) --- > Windows Vista.

When it was Windows 95-98, etc there wasnt any scene of "Microsoft Certified Hardware thingy" There wasnt any major H/W requirement when XP was out and when ppl thought of shifting to XP it was pretty simple. The main suckage of Vista started when it was all hyped that u need Hight H/Ws to run it the way its meant to be and all games started hainv minimum 2gb or System memory requirements "if u are running the game under vista". Then also comes the locked and "on the path of proprietary" scenario, the microsoft signed h/w was nothing but something that was created to add up more into their monopoly. U buy microsoft certified h/w, their genuine drivers, etc, etc.

None of this was there on Windows XP (which again came in lately but wasnt a major thing).

Somebody, here mentioned that Vista SP1 should and will work on a decent old system.. well i'd say not really when u wana run it with all the eye candy on.

The other day while my RAMs were on their way, i was running my system (my sig) on 1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 RAM... i wont say it was FAST and also i woudnt say it was SLOW. It was okay till i was doing browsing and soem other minimal stuffs here and there. It started sucking after having a long system uptime, using Winamp, Kmplayer (watching couple of HD movies or normal RiPs), PHOTOSHOP, etc

This wasnt the scenario when XP came into the picture. 1gb on XP is more than ENUFF like 2gb on Vista. 2gb on XP is damn sexeed fast. Here on Vista 2gb on Vista gives somewhat faster performance somewhat like XP (but still not as fast as XP).

Now, comes Windows 7, the reason why ppl are liking it is, ppl bn affected by Vista's dark sad clouds. Most ppl already have Core 2 Duos by now. Infact Celeron and P4s are out of the market since ages back. Of course, Win 7 is faster than Vista and much slower and the main reason is they've removed the shit code where all drivers and h/w shit used to work everytime u used ur Vista.

Now, herez the psychological thing:D, Vista came 1st which was damn huge and slow (due to valid reasons) and hence completely loosing the market. Now comes Windows 7, now that u used Vista and know its shittyness, compared to VIsta when u use Windows 7 u feel it awesome. So Windows 7's niceness is just coz of VIsta's flopness :D. Vista highlighted the areas where Microsoft had done mistakes and they lacked certain OS architecture, they improved that and implemented that in Windows 7.

Now deal with this, take the Windows Vista out of the picture. Now think with the same exact situation like before.. where ur still using Windows XP and they release Windows 7 1st. Believe me, it'd have been same scenario. Windows 7 would have also required higher system. Ppl feeling it nice now just coz of bad exp. with Windows Vista and main thing is now that all are mostly on Dual Cores they can think about Windows 7. :)

Bluffmaster said:
^Yes, you are absolutely right. People shouldn't upgrade because sticking to an 8 year old operating system is cool.

Lets not divert to OS bashing on this thread please.

whatsinaname said:
My current desktop. :D

desktopshadow.jpg

Look at the sheer size of that thing to the man on the horse. Is the horse rider the hero ?? I wouldn't want to be a hero in such a situation..... :ashamed:

^You should play Shadow of colossus. Thats one of the smaller colossus in the game. :p One has to climb all the way up to the head to kill it. Damn, I miss that game.

Back