The E factor(s)

Anish said:
Congrats, everybody seems to be bitten by the E71 bug!

Have to agree with cisco_tech, I can't stand S60 phones after using UIQ, worse its S60 without a touchscreen! ;)
Ummm.. was that an anticipatory reply? Cause I hadn't posted in the thread yet :rofl:

lol mistype :p was directed towards Ankit :p

S60 phones are here since Nokia 6600 and without touch screen :p

Nokia does not do touch. I used UIQ phones in the form of P990 and P1i for a while but the interface is not flexible like S60 can be. I can move things around as I seem fit here so most used things can be accessed quickly. And honestly touch screens makes sense in devices like iPhone more than device like E71.

Navigation on this phone is very fast. And mind you, I am coming from Dopod 818 Pro windows mobile touch screen phone. Yes touch screen has its advantages. But fast, responsive, QWERTY keypad phone is more useful in real life and gets the work done quickly.
I bought this phone for productivity to be honest. The same reason I went from N73 to Dopod last year ;)

Time for fun mobiles is long gone for me :p

BTW those waiting for Nokia E66. Its in shops, took a demo yesterday at borivali Anupam store. Good option for those who dont want QWERTY but want all the things that E71 has. Same price to that of E71

has s60 changed from 2 years ago? i remember the screens used to be longer along the vertical, and that display format was the basis of the s60 os. ive been out of the phone loop for a while, so excuse teh noobiness.

Congrats. The E series rock. I am using an E51 myself for around 8-9 months now and I have had a completely positive experience.

PS : What was the damage for the E51? I got mine for 12k when it launched. Want to know the latest price.

Shripad said:
lol mistype :p was directed towards Ankit :p

lol i was wondering too :p

Used to Moto Q the other day (newer one). Didn't like the fact that the buttons were at one flat level. This solves that. Great buy man. :D

Blade_Runner said:
So the e-71s becoming a rage these days :p Let's see how long this is gonna keep you entertained :D

Well, I dont change phones often. at max 1 change in a year. That too at max. So this is going to last a while.
Here is 1 more pic. Mobile browsing :p

Mohit E51 prices havent dropped significantly, there are available just short of 11K IIRC. I've got my E71 for 19.7k all inclusive! did'nt expect to get it lower than prices in Blore and Mumbai.

Funky, I feel the browser needs a bit improvement specially when you do the back thingy the page reloads all over again instead of using from cache..Skyfire is coming..Opera mini works great though!

Back