The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Upgraded after 13 years ! o_O

GT63VPr.jpeg

feedback please
Well i think there is not much to tell so including everything i have now in this spoiler. Sorry don't hate me after reading it as i still don't have enough information about them.
After so much hope from the earnuds, my experience was ruined last night itself. When i took out the earbuds it showed 50% charging after connecting in the phone. In just 10 minutes or so it dropped to 20 and then 10.
Charged with stock cable and a 18W powerbank as it showed in the manual to not charge it woth more than 20W.

Again it worked fine for while it was on 100% and then kept dropping charging badly after an hour of working fine. In just 2 minutes it dropped 10% and another 10% in after 4-5 minutes.
Decided to take it off for now and informed Headphonezone directly about this with all the pictures. There was a clearly an issue with this one or i am a newbie to this and maybe it is supposed to drop this much battery on initial use. Who knows. But for now it is on the way back to the seller and i think it will take atleast a week to any solution they give.

Apart from that, the fit of the buds was ok for me. I had to get smallest one to fit it in my ear.
I am ny not any means a pro in this. I just bought it because many reviews said it is good and comapred to Sony XM4. I don't know a thing about amp,dac. Just bought it thinking it a wireless one wouldn't require all those stuff you know. It sounded alright for a 10k earphone. Smooth. Definitely as wide as my Xanova Juturna which is a rebrand for a well known Takstar pro 82 and better and full in every other aspect for music listening. Every songs i like and frequently keep listening were sounding great on the buds. I have no experience for other earphones as of now and the reason to purchase this to relax from work frustration and watch some movies.

And one thing more, they don't have any app in Play Store. Even though ANC and other stuff was not available, they kept everything silent which includes a ceiling fan on 5 speed and a low volume talk of family members after just inserting them in the ear. When music playes, you don't have to worry about anything as it completely blocks everything. Haven't tested it that hard to be honest as i barely listened to it for a couple of hour and the above stated issue appeared and i had to sleep anyway.

Well, even i myself feel that after all this i still can't express or tell the things people say on reviews. But i will make another review when i get them back.
Thanks!
@puns i have PMe'd you the issue i am talking about as it is not a point to make this thread derail making non worthy post from my end.

signal-2024-04-09-184015.jpeg

New everyday setup - replaced the Surface Pro 8 (8GB | 256GB) with the ROG Flow X13. Beastly specs in an unbelievably thin and light form factor - just 1.3kg for a Ryzen 9 6900HS, 120hz screen, 2-in-1 functionality and a 3050 Ti! The 6900HS beats my 2.4kg gaming laptop from 2021 handily in terms of CPU, despite being launched just a year later in 2022.

No matter what anyone says about AMD, they really did make Intel and the whole CPU space competitive again. This sort of performance in a machine this thin would have been unthinkable even 5 years ago, yet here we are! And what I find the most unbelievable is that the 6900HS is 2 generations old already! Can't wait to see where we are in 2 or 3 more years :D

Attaching CPU-Z benchmarks for just a quick comparison between the old and the new. The 10870H was at 65W and the 6900HS at 50W, for context.
1712706629202.jpeg
1712706638926.jpeg

Even the battery life is astonishing. I barely got about 5 hours with my old Surface from 100% to 20%, and this was with Windows' battery saver kicking in at 40% or 50%. It's not like I got great performance either - it had just a hyperthreaded quad core i5 1135G7 in it, with no discrete graphics.
With a little bit of tweaking using GHelper (open-source alternative to Asus' Armoury Crate software) by undervolting the 6900HS and limiting power to 15W on battery (which is still more than snappy enough), I easily get about 7hrs battery life going from 80% to 20% (with Windows' power saving mode kicking in at 40%). The 6900HS limited to 15W on battery still feels more snappy than the Surface and my gaming laptop connected to power. although that may be due to the Gen4 NVMe SSD as well.

Lastly, the X13 only weighs less than a 100g more than the Surface with the Type Cover attached, so it's not like there was a massive increase in weight either. The only thing I miss moving from the Surface to the ROG is the beautiful 267PPI display. While the Asus has a 1920x1200 500nit screen, it cannot match the sharpness of the Surface in any manner. However, after the first few hours, I don't notice it at all anymore and it's well worth the gains in battery life and all other departments

Last edited:
View attachment 194520
New everyday setup - replaced the Surface Pro 8 (8GB | 256GB) with the ROG Flow X13. Beastly specs in an unbelievably thin and light form factor - just 1.3kg for a Ryzen 9 6900HS, 120hz screen, 2-in-1 functionality and a 3050 Ti! The 6900HS beats my 2.4kg gaming laptop from 2021 handily in terms of CPU, despite being launched just a year later in 2022.

No matter what anyone says about AMD, they really did make Intel and the whole CPU space competitive again. This sort of performance in a machine this thin would have been unthinkable even 5 years ago, yet here we are! And what I find the most unbelievable is that the 6900HS is 2 generations old already! Can't wait to see where we are in 2 or 3 more years :D

Attaching CPU-Z benchmarks for just a quick comparison between the old and the new. The 10870H was at 65W and the 6900HS at 50W, for context.
View attachment 194521 View attachment 194522

Even the battery life is astonishing. I barely got about 5 hours with my old Surface from 100% to 20%, and this was with Windows' battery saver kicking in at 40% or 50%. It's not like I got great performance either - it had just a hyperthreaded quad core i5 1135G7 in it, with no discrete graphics.
With a little bit of tweaking using GHelper (open-source alternative to Asus' Armoury Crate software) by undervolting the 6900HS and limiting power to 15W on battery (which is still more than snappy enough), I easily get about 7hrs battery life going from 80% to 20% (with Windows' power saving mode kicking in at 40%). The 6900HS limited to 15W on battery still feels more snappy than the Surface and my gaming laptop connected to power. although that may be due to the Gen4 NVMe SSD as well.

Lastly, the X13 only weighs less than a 100g more than the Surface with the Type Cover attached, so it's not like there was a massive increase in weight either. The only thing I miss moving from the Surface to the ROG is the beautiful 267PPI display. While the Asus has a 1920x1200 500nit screen, it cannot match the sharpness of the Surface in any manner. However, after the first few hours, I don't notice it at all anymore and it's well worth the gains in battery life and all other departments
Congratulations. I love their laptops. When it comes to innovation and trying to do in a different way, they would get the top ranking among OEMs. What is the bloatware situation now? I used to review their laptops and those laptops would come with too many ASUS and partner apps.

Congratulations. I love their laptops. When it comes to innovation and trying to do in a different way, they would get the top ranking among OEMs. What is the bloatware situation now? I used to review their laptops and those laptops would come with too many ASUS and partner apps.
So, I got this laptop used with about 4 months of manufacturer warranty and then another year of BestBuy coverage. The OEM image/drivers it came were plagued with issues leading to various bluescreens which I tried to diagnose and fix for about week. I almost sent it back to Asus but the BestBuy technician advised me against it saying that they have had very bad experience with Asus service, and urged me to try and fix the laptop instead. He said that they often receive devices back from them with a lot of visible scratches and even with more problems than they were originally sent in for (as per their policy, if the laptop is past the 15-day return period but still within manufacturer warranty, they have to send it to Asus first. Else, BestBuy replaces the device as per their discretion only after the manufacturer warranty is up). Seems that Asus' support isn't great in the States :/

In any case, the actual fix was a clean install of Windows by wiping the internal SSD using a bootable Linux USB. Because of this, I cannot comment on the bloatware situation since I only installed what I needed. It comes with Realtek audio console which Windows installs automatically, but thankfully you can disable automatic Armoury Crate installation in BIOS settings. There was nothing else that was automatically installed even after I installed all recommended drivers, so for me personally there's no bloat at all ;)

One thing that I really like about this laptop that I got USB4 support just by updating the BIOS! I don't have much use for it but it's nice to know that I have it if I ever need it

Got this beautiful Bose NCH 700 for $50 off of Reddit - pristine condition. First pair of ANC cans, and they greatly help with my ADHD and focus issues too!

View attachment 195046 View attachment 195047
First impressions - supremely comfortable, but they sound trash out of the box, even considering the fact that they were launched almost 5 years ago (my unit was manufactured in December 2019). However, after using Wavelet (on Android) to apply auto-EQ and further boosting bass to +3 in the Bose Music app, they sound pretty decent. Soundstage is non-existent without EQ, and slightly better with EQ. Even after applying EQ, I would say that they are still only on par with the Signature Acoustic (SA) Raven earphones, which I got for about Rs. 2000 on Amazon 4 years ago. The soundstage is still smaller than those IEMs even after EQ, but the noise cancellation is well worth it. I like that they have an auto-shutdown feature if they don't detect motion in an hour, and that you can also switch off noise cancellation completely (this is not a feature on many newer ANC headphones).
A quirk is that due to the placement of the buttons, I often pressed them accidentally when picking them up or taking them off. I have gotten better at this, but it still happens sometimes. Another quirk is that the touch controls didn't work out of the box. It took me about 15-20mins to find out the reason why - from Android 14 onwards (so all newer/updated devices), one must go into the Bose Music app and switch the voice assistant from Google Assistant to "Device Assistant". Once that was done, I was quite surprised, and frankly impressed, at how good the touch controls were - definitely didn't expect them to be so intuitive and accurate!

My favourite part of the headphones is definitely the build quality and looks. Never thought I would ever be a form over function guy, but they are so damn beautiful - it's a damn piece of art!

Noise cancellation is great too, and while they obviously don't block out everything, it's more than enough to help me concentrate in busier environments, and to listen to audiobooks in public transit without cranking up the volume. However, they are still 5-year-old headphones with 5-year-old noise cancellation tech, and my partner tells me that her 2-month-old Moondrop Space Travel perform 70% as well in terms of noise cancellation (not surer about SQ since I haven't tested them, but I'd reckon they at least match the Bose with EQ, if not best them). The kicker is that the Space Travel cost just $25 new! For anyone looking for value for money wireless IEMs, I would definitely recommend them if you can somehow get them in India for a reasonable price (I know some members here have been able to get it but can't find the exact thread right now; found one link to an Indian store but OOS right now). I'm pretty sure that they demolish anything in the under $100 price range in terms of SQ, at least after applying EQ (and maybe even $150 or higher, don't have much experience with wireless buds). They are also insanely feature rich - for example, the Moondrop has auto-pause feature whereas this former flagship doesn't! The Moondrop's only downside (considering the price) is probably the relatively short 4-hour battery life with ANC on, but it's still a mind-blowing package for just $25.

If you are going to ask why I didn't get just the Space Travel, well, I have wanted to get wireless closed back headphones for a while now (I've had a pair of open back Hifiman HE200i v2020 for the last 4 years) as I dislike the fact that wireless buds usually become unusuable after 4-5 years due to battery degradation, and this deal was too good to pass up. Testament to the battery reason for choosing a wireless headphones over buds, this 4.5-year-old Bose still gives me 18+ hours of battery backup!

I can't see myself paying $400 at launch or even $250-$300 while on sale (considering sound quality after heavy EQ is no better than Rs. 2000 IEMs, and stock sound quality is no better than some cheap iBall headphones I had about 8 years ago). For $50 though - definitely an excellent deal haha. They usually go for about $120-$150 used which I think is quite reasonable for the ANC performance and wireless convenience.

Incredible what a premium noise cancellation (and brand name as well, I suppose) commands, and the sacrifices that are made for wireless audio. While I would personally never pay more than $150 for such headphones, I can see for some people convenience is a major factor and they would be willing to shell out more for best-in-class stuff.

TL;DR: Get the Moondrop Space Travel over Bose ANC headphones :p

Last edited:
Back