The "Everyday" show-off thread !

whatsinaname said:
New phone.
:D
E5Yt3l.jpg
.jpg
This Deserves a Separate thread Buddy.With Elaborate Unboxing pictures.

Thanks guys.

Damages - 200$. I was able to upgrade early, I had ~6 months remaining on my contract. (I am in contract for the next two years)

A separate thread and unboxing is too much work though. And the only decent camera I have is the one on this phone. (No point in using my old phone's camera, I've annoyed people with bad pictures before. :ashamed:)

^Congrats man! Certainly deserved more snaps and a separate thread. :p

Any issues with the display's yellow tint/antennagate issue?

1) 'Antenna-gate' - My cousin had this problem a lot but my colleague didn't. So, I decided to risk it and am happy to say I don't have the issue. I've tried holding it in different ways, cupping the phone with both hands, etc and no drop in bars. Now, I've always had good AT&T coverage where I live, so maybe I won't see an issue until I hit low coverage areas. But for the most part, it is a non-issue for me.

2) Screen Color Issue - No problem with my phone. I can always get it replaced if it arises.

3) Proximity sensor issue - fix was issued yesterday, I upgraded to 4.1 immediately. No issue.

4) Battery Life - This is usually a deal breaker for me and the reason I held off smart phones for so long. I've used the phone for 14-15 hours now and battery life is down to 80%. I see myself getting a ~3 day run out of a single charge. (Which should further improve after a few recharge cycles). Pretty good replacement for a dumb phone and a ipod touch which I each recharged every 6 days.

Other things are commonly known. It has about the best screen I've seen on any device. It looks amazing, so I won't be getting any case for it. Have ordered wet-apply skins for the front and back, so will put those on. Game Center is fun, so have that setup. (My id is whatsinaname, if anyone wants to add me.)

All readers,

I would kindly request to post the name of the device along with the pics...
Many of the places image hosting sites are blocked..
Its a nuts going affair when it is shown and commented, when we couldn't even figure out what it is...

We respect your show off in pics, if it had the Naming it would be more enjoying...

Thx..

DSCN2171.JPG

DSCN2199.JPG

AMD Phenom X6 1055T (@ 3.4Ghz :p)
Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz

Gigabyte 8800GT Turbo Force Edition
Hitachi 250GB + Hitachi 160GB
Cooler Master Elite 335
Corsair VX450

Bold are the new parts. Around 24k upgrade ... :)

Now hunting for good 120mm fans!

Desecrator said:
@starchazer: Congrats! :D

Did you buy this for the Kinect? Asking this since you have a Pro 250GB already. :p
Sorry for the late replies.

While it's Kinect ready in sense that it wouldn't require an additional adapter which the non-slim 360 does, I got this solely because I completely fell in love with the design. Truly one of the most gorgeous looking console design I would say .. so couldn't resist :p

As for more pictures and/or a separate thread, I guess it's a bit too late now. But I can say it looks way better in reality than in pics (and the pictures made my buy it). And the touch sensitive buttons adds a lot more coolness. Did I mention the new controller with the chrome like guide button in the center is hawt? :eek:hyeah: I am loving it.

And thanks to everyone for the comments :D

Crazy_Eddy said:
Wow, how many years have you stocked up for? :O

Whatcha give him in exchange?
Haha, how many days should be the question. :ashamed:

I sent him an equivalent amount of candy. It's a candy swap.

This is what I sent out.

candy1.jpg

Also, no one is getting free candy. :p

@Metalspree - If you are interested, we could do an exchange in a couple of months. NZ candy for US candy. :p

Back