20120827_144756.jpg.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 160
Total Recall UK Steelbook (Lovely combo of Black & Red): ]

afrPF.jpg

The Underwater Welder:

DMOev.jpg

Toshiba BDX3200 BD Player:

UBe2j.jpg

Made the player region free with the help of a simple firmware found here.
As you see, we can choose any DVD and BD region:

pfvFY.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo:

Some recent purchases over the past couple of weeks:

Belkin 8 port surge protector. Cost me some 700 INR from eBay. Most of them were retailing for 1k+ and I found this deal hidden somewhere. The dealer had pretty bad ratings and I took a gamble. Reached me safe and on time. There's no fuse on this one though!

42vpu.jpg

Seagate 2 TB hard drive from Prime. Cost me 6300 INR. Prime sent the drive thru some Anjani couriers, it took a week for delivery and there was no intimation about the docket number of the shipment. I gave them a piece of my mind and settled it with the reps. All's fine now.

lVGVT.jpg

Marcus Fenix action figurine from BombayMerch. Costed some 1.6k. Face looks pretty decent to me. Yet to take it out from the casing. :unsure:

0NZ1q.jpg

56u7f.jpg

Fragrances. Issey Miyake and ADG from the ongoing group order and the Starwalker from the local lifestyle outlet. Costed 3.9k for the Issey Miyake + ADG testers and 3.7k for the Starwalker.

Lyv7S.jpg

The present setup of my drawing room from our new residence. More shots once the last piece of furniture arrives, later! :p

eBCoL.jpg

@Gannu I too ordered one and few posters from BombayMerch but the pic was diff thr. Hope I get the same which you got.
Congrats...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. :)

Holy shit!! Awesome setup Gannu!! Didn't know you shifted to a new place!! Looks wayyyyyyy better now! :D

(Time for another Surat meet. :D)

Yeah we moved in last month end. Now there's so much space in this 3 BHK apartment, we're just the two of us. :D

Ordered 2 new tables for our PC setups from Godrej Interio. It will arrive this weekend and once they are assembled, I guess we are done. Please call for another Surat meet and this time, we'll go to Saputara for a weekend.

Expect a full list of items and costs for that dream room of urs. And it deserves a separate show off. Romantic SINGLE chair for 2:)

Thanks guys. :)
Yeah we moved in last month end. Now there's so much space in this 3 BHK apartment, we're just the two of us. :D
Ordered 2 new tables for our PC setups from Godrej Interio. It will arrive this weekend and once they are assembled, I guess we are done. Please call for another Surat meet and this time, we'll go to Saputara for a weekend.

alekhkhanna, Nice purchase bro.

Kindly have a gracious heart as to post the damages and source of purchase.
The BD player is good. Expect a review from you, I hope.
Congrats alekhkhanna on the BD Player specially!! :D
Thanks ?dOuBtFiRe? and Black_Hawk
BD player costed me 87GBP from AMZ UK. Marketplace had cheaper offers but refurbished stocks of this player are being widely sold at lower prices, so didn't want to take any chances. Total was 87GBP (~8000) + 2003 (customs) + 3116 (shipping). Shipped via SnS. Delivered in 5 days (went to the local Aramex office to pick up personally, couldn't wait :p).
Loaded a modded Australian firmware which makes it RF (you can choose region by entering into setup). Very quiet operation, though the initial startup takes about 15 secs. Even though I did pay a higher price for it, it's well worth it due to RF. Oppos cost upwards of 20k, so they are OOB.
Initially I planned to review it, but the job I'm in is making me shift to a very primitive place within a week and I'll be there for 6 months, so right now forget a review, I won't be able to use it for 6 months ! :|

Gannu : Awesome Awesome drawing room !! :O

- - - Updated - - -
@Gannu: I replied to the PM but for some reason it's not showing under my conversations/sent items, so I dunno whether it's getting sent or not. Did you get the reply ?

Many congrats Gannu on all the stuff, specially on the bottle of Aqua Di Gio!! The drawing room looks very classy indeed, perfect for blissful movie and gaming sessions. The plush hues in the room are looking very elegant.

Honestly I wasn't expecting such a huge response. :)

Anyways, I guess I'll put up a thread later once the tables arrive this weekend. Right now I am at my hometown, had come here for a week long vacation to spend Onam with my parents. Will be back at Surat this Saturday. Need to clean my PC's innards, stick the posters on the bedroom walls, clean the kitchen shelves/racks and setup the gas stove. Once all that is done, I guess we are SET. Will click some snaps and provide a virtual walkthrough of our new Fortress of Solitude.

alekhkhanna: hey I received all the responses to the PM. You may not be able to view them on the Sent Items folder because by default the option is unchecked. The copy of the response is thus not saved there. I'll get back to you shortly. :)

alekhkhanna: hey I received all the responses to the PM. You may not be able to view them on the Sent Items folder because by default the option is unchecked. The copy of the response is thus not saved there. I'll get back to you shortly. :)
@Gannu: Oh. My bad ! Didn't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys, was browsing through Landmark waiting for somebody when spotted some awesome offers on books. Many GNs/Fiction/Non-fiction were heavily discounted and/or there was an offer giving you 3 books for the price of 2. I grabbed these:

hkcS1.jpg

Got The New Yorker Collection + 500 Essential GNs Guide + Chicken with Plums from Landmark. Not only was there a 50% discount on these (checked online before buying), but they were part of 3 in 2 offer as well --> Double Profit ! :D

The New Yorker Collection is huge, as huge as The Batman Files, and thicker. All the cartoons are there in the CDs as well !

xBnBF.jpg

z8SS9.jpg

Other ones:

WsjpG.jpg

500 GNs Guide is a steal, specially considering it's pretty voluminous and is in all colored glossy pages ! I browsed through it in a short while and all suggestions are organized categorically, with umpteen info.
The Comic Book History of Comics is by the same guy who wrote Action Philosophers. Needless to say, it was on my must-buy list.
Marjane Satrapi needs on intro. She defined a genre with Persepolis.

Back