The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Some breathing space for the Lumia 720

2zzqhax.jpg

yupz...but i am unable to remove that first bios pic. That is the only thing still intact..
And within few days i will format the hdd and install my own version of windows :D
You can even install a custom bios which has its own bios pic and settings from any modding site if you google around buddy.

What, you received a FREE laptop for passing +12 ? from the f***ing government ?

Just like that ?

Mode edit: Please refrain from using cuss words on the forum. At least sensor them!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can even install a custom bios which has its own bios pic and settings from any modding site if you google around buddy.

isnt it risky? my friend downloaded the bios of the model from hp's site and then installed it into his free lappy. he didnt get any success. can i get some more light on this thing? how can i custmize the bios and change the pic?

isnt it risky? my friend downloaded the bios of the model from hp's site and then installed it into his free lappy. he didnt get any success. can i get some more light on this thing? how can i custmize the bios and change the pic?

Just download same bios version file from HP site and then upgrade your bios to the latest.OK. Don't ever upgrade to the latest bios if a pic is slipstreamed into the bios.OK.

What exactly did he do? Apparently, they have disabled the option to change the BIOS POST screen. You need to flash the BIOS with a non-tampered version to stop the image from appearing. That's the only method to remove it.

Stuff sourced over the last 15 days. The arm rest is missing from the snap. And car/tyre/glass/interior washing liquid, Jopasu dusters/VW Polo OEM foot rest (6Q2864777) are on their way. :p

WP_20131003_21_59_05_Pro.jpg

Shall post some more snaps when she arrives! :)

Last edited:
Delivery on the 5th or 6th? (Don't worry. I am not stalking you. I think. :p)

Hehe neither actually. Monday, 7th.

I wanted to take the delivery on the 5th because (you may well be aware) the 'Shradh' period ends on Friday but parents insisted me not to buy anything related to iron on Saturday because of auspicious reasons (I have actually met with a minor accident when I bought a pair of barbells on a Saturday and fell from our Kinetic Honda at home!). And then Sunday wasn't good going by my star! :banghead:

One of the rare Mondays I am actually looking forward to.

^why would a dude whose car goes sideways like a rocket bother with mundane desi (ok,looking at the keychain,phoren) gaadis?

Was doing research to help my dad buy a car, this is one of the options. (He still hasn't decided on hatchback vs sedan). Saw Gannu's post on T-BHP. Waiting for his ownership report.

Hehe neither actually. Monday, 7th.

I wanted to take the delivery on the 5th because (you may well be aware) the 'Shradh' period ends on Friday but parents insisted me not to buy anything related to iron on Saturday because of auspicious reasons (I have actually met with a minor accident when I bought a pair of barbells on a Saturday and fell from our Kinetic Honda at home!). And then Sunday wasn't good going by my star! :banghead:

One of the rare Mondays I am actually looking forward to.

:) My mom worked out a good delivery time for me. She even figured out panchanga offsets for time zone and geo-location. The truck driver arrived a day early so all that went out of the window. She is still annoyed I haven't done any official pooja for it.

whatsinaname said:
Saw Gannu's post on T-BHP. Waiting for his ownership report.

OMG dude! What's your ID there? EDIT: Got it! Saw the .gif on one of the posts. :)

And yeah I shall try my best to put up a good and detailed initial ownership report.

whatsinaname said:
:) My mom worked out a good delivery time for me. She even figured out panchanga offsets for time zone and geo-location. The truck driver arrived a day early so all that went out of the window. She is still annoyed I haven't done any official pooja for it.

Very nice of her! :)

In my case, dad did the stuff, calling up the astrologer and avoiding the rahu time period etc. In fact, even the loan was arranged from my home town. I just had to go to the SBI branch here to sign the documentation.

Back