The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Whats the point - he bought a locked CPU anyways,
Yes but if he did get the chance to pick up a K spec later 2nd hand or when prices cool off, with a decent Z170 it could easily give longer VFM n provide a nice base for fairly long going forward.

Usually CPU's are available much longer than good mobo's of choice so I would spend a bit more n wait for the chance to pick up a good processor later

Yeah, I'm not interested in overclocking - even though it's pretty easy with Z170+K-series CPUs - so saved a few Ks with H710 mobo and non-K and non-i7 CPU.

Plus, I don't plan to upgrade really for a long time I guess now.

@Chaos the RAM is standard 2133 mhz - CAS is some 15-15---blah blah, again nothing high-performance/overclocking stuff, hence I guess decent price of 8.7k[DOUBLEPOST=1449635849][/DOUBLEPOST]Old parts:

Old_Q6600_Parts_IMG_0050_sized.JPG

New parts:

Skylake_PreAssembly_IMG_0049_sized.JPG

Currently all set up with Win10 fresh install, still working to disable secure boot to dual boot with linux.

Samsung 950 Pro speedtest with default Win10 driver:

Samsung950Pro_CrystalDiskMark.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone use the Anker chargers? They're premium but good quality I know.. Wondering if anyone uses them already

Yup. I use one to charge mobile phone in the car.
They too are good. But difficult to find sellers online. Only yugadi sells them here.

Yes I think they are the only authorised resellers for Anker in India. I too used 2 of their car chargers in my cars and they're excellent quality.

Never tried their wall chargers though but I intend to pick one up soon.. Have 2 many iDevices to charge in the house & just 1 iPad charger isn't helping

another aukey.
Got enticed by the price difference of the listing on Amazon and AliExpress.
I got couple of these (25W and 40W) from Amazon US last year. Going strong till date and we dont use any other charger at home now. There is some smart port feature which protects devices from overcharging or stops drawing power from the supply if no device is connected to a port.
Good quality. Does not heat at all and almost the size of a credit card.

Awesome!!!!
Source / link / cost??
Pls post a very brief review like weight height and quality and also the joint movements.

Thanks! Got this one from Flipkart for ~1.8k. Its super cheap since these were retailing for 5k when the movie was released.

Link: http://www.flipkart.com/dc-collectibles-dark-knight-rises-bane/p/itmdpfg2rqutnz4m?pid=AFGDPFG2GRXFZZYC&ref=L:-5432734623605372474&srno=p_2&query=bane&otracker=from-search

I usually get these figures from the US (through friends etc.) as they are considerably cheap there. But this one was by far the cheapest and completed my collection as I already had the Batman and Catwoman from the same series.

In terms of detail, it is standard DC Direct/DC Collectibles level of detail : Very very high detail for the size! It's a cold-cast porcelain statue so no articulation/movement at all. Of course, it's not Kotobukiya level of detail but then, a Kotobukiya Bane figure will cost ~10K at a minimum - And honestly, Kotobukiya never produced the Dark Knight series Bane figure.

Thanks! Got this one from Flipkart for ~1.8k. Its super cheap since these were retailing for 5k when the movie was released.

Link: http://www.flipkart.com/dc-collectibles-dark-knight-rises-bane/p/itmdpfg2rqutnz4m?pid=AFGDPFG2GRXFZZYC&ref=L:-5432734623605372474&srno=p_2&query=bane&otracker=from-search

I usually get these figures from the US (through friends etc.) as they are considerably cheap there. But this one was by far the cheapest and completed my collection as I already had the Batman and Catwoman from the same series.

In terms of detail, it is standard DC Direct/DC Collectibles level of detail : Very very high detail for the size! It's a cold-cast porcelain statue so no articulation/movement at all. Of course, it's not Kotobukiya level of detail but then, a Kotobukiya Bane figure will cost ~10K at a minimum - And honestly, Kotobukiya never produced the Dark Knight series Bane figure.
Thanks. Ordered one.
The seller is BombayMerch. His own website is down currently. I had bought the gears of wars 3 (Marcus Fenix) figurine from his site and it was an original product.

Thanks. Ordered one.
The seller is BombayMerch. His own website is down currently. I had bought the gears of wars 3 (Marcus Fenix) figurine from his site and it was an original product.

Yeah... His website has been down for a while now. He used to sell a lot of NECA figures. Back in the day I got quite a few from him myself.

Surprisingly, the import sticker on the Bane box has his address from Thane (Maharashtra) but the figure was couriered from Ambala (Haryana) as per courier tracking! :S

Back