The "Everyday" show-off thread !

i.e. out of stock
It just wasn't available from the manufacturer.
After all these months Ive only seen one on the road.
:facepalm:. I would not use gadgets terminology for automobile industry. When a new model generates lot of buzz, it generates huge orders (in gadget world, we call this pre-order) and it is a standard practice as all auto makers follow build-to-order approach. Thanks to covid situation, most cars are having huge orders and the wait time is in months. In this industry, we use terms like 'waiting period', 'back orders' etc. Stock comes into picture when the model has stabilized and even then, there is a wait time of a week or so if the vehicle with color of your choice is not lying in their yard. Only the generic and less interested colors will be readily available to buy when the interest in the product dies down. My waiting time for vehicles I purchased:
1. Car: around 45 days.
2. Bike: 2 weeks.
3. Scooter: 30 days.
All three were well established models and yet there was wait time due to this 'build to order' approach. Imagine situation for a vehicle that went to high demand before it released. When do they halt booking? They halt bookings when they fear that the demand is too high and it causes massive wait times that are not feasible to maintain.

If you still want to say it is 'out of stock', fine with me. It is your opinion and I do not want to go around in circles.

If you still want to say it is 'out of stock', fine with me. It is your opinion and I do not want to go around in circles.

Thanks for the unsolicited gyaan, I wasn't aware of any of that when I bought my first 3 vehicles :rolleyes:
If you're so upset with the use of the word and want to be pedantic, so be it.
The product page on the bike manufacturer's site itself states stock unavailable since the last 6 months.

Spine shattering and head bobbing on rough and bad roads.

This is kinda the norm on most sporty scooters, is it as bad as the SR150 ?
Also what's the FE you've been getting ?

Last edited:
This costs 1.76l on road (Bangalore) and expected to hike by 2k in May.

Riding experience has been mixed. Smooth and stable on good roads. Spine shattering and head bobbing on rough and bad roads. I’ll be getting after market suspension that’s tuned for comfort soon.
Then I will urge all Bangalorians to get a box of Volini sprays as part of 'starter pack'. They will need it. :D
Thanks for the unsolicited gyaan, I wasn't aware of any of that when I bought my first 3 vehicles :rolleyes:
Oh, so you purchased three vehicles and still you did not know this? ;)

This is kinda the norm on most sporty scooters, is it as bad as the SR150 ?
Also what's the FE you've been getting ?

Yamaha India’s online presence isn’t on par with competition. Be it updating their website, twitter or IG presence. Take them with a pinch of salt.

I test rode SXR160 (I would assume it’s same as SR160 with bigger body n smaller wheels) before I booked Aerox. The SXR160 felt more comfortable and liveable. The best part of Aerox is you can customise it. Everything from suspension to RGB coloured nuts and bolts.

Speaking of FE. It’s hovering around 42-44kmpl on my commmute which sees a mix of city and highway roads.

@desibond already have those Volini spray cans. Riding any bikes over 60 mins gave me a sore back.

Neither offline. They haven't launched XSR 155 in India, the one true successor of RX100 :(.

Also inflation is on its way big time, Aerox itself has seen three price hikes already with poor availability and the price of the R15 has been hiked consistently by 3K every other month bringing its price to over 2L on road, the new MT15 with USD forks is almost 2L too.
It's also the reason waiting periods for most cars nowadays is 6 months minimum, they paper launch at attractive prices, by the time you get delivery the price has almost gone up by 1L.
Even the Honda Activa with a 12mo EMI period costs almost 1L if not more.

Also inflation is on its way big time, Aerox itself has seen three price hikes already with poor availability and the price of the R15 has been hiked consistently by 3K every other month bringing its price to over 2L on road, the new MT15 with USD forks is almost 2L too.
It's also the reason waiting periods for most cars nowadays is 6 months minimum, they paper launch at attractive prices, by the time you get delivery the price has almost gone up by 1L.
Even the Honda Activa with a 12mo EMI period costs almost 1L if not more.
Yep. Soon 150 cc bikes will start to cost as much as pre pandemic cars and cars will cost even more.

Finally got my Desk haul from Ikea last Friday (Linnmon Desk, Skadis Pegboard, Signum wire management), so finally set up my desk exactly how i wanted it to.
Amazing setup.

I am planning to get an electricity box with 6A sockets and switches installed in the wall before I get my room painted.

Can you guys post pics of electricity point near computer table? That will give me an idea about location/height of switch box.

Attachments

• legrand.jpg
    legrand.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 110
I am planning to get an electricity box with 6A sockets and switches installed in the wall before I get my room painted.

Can you guys post pics of electricity point near computer table? That will give me an idea about location/height of switch box.
I have one switch for each major socket like pc cables. And then put the minor ones like phone charger, back-up light etc in auto-on without switches. I don't use wall sockets (but I have it) and instead I connect a custom extension board and then use the board. I like it better this way to free up my wall sockets for other uses.

I want to fix that custom extension board in the wall like an internal fitting.
Its simple and easy. Assuming breaking walls is out of the question you stick the back of the board and the wall with a strong double-sided tape (I use 3M). This will do minimal damage to your wall paint. And then you use something like this to clip the wires on the wall intact.

51nqxbPSWxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
If you want to connect the extension wires to the wall socket electrical source then you cut a small hole on the wall board big enough for the wire to pass through. These wires then go to the extension board.

Hire your local professional. They will have the tools to do what you need. The wires will have to pass inside a pvc pipe.

Amazing setup.

Can someone help with ideal location for box behind or near the table?

Amazing setup.

i have three plug points, two are international/universal sockets that fit every plug except for the fat grounding uk style one. One plug is Just eu/us style one with no grounding points, using it solely for mobile charger's or anything that does not require earthing as such. Each have their own individual switches.
It's an hp elitedesk 705 g4. Bought it as a refurb unit for 14.x K
Ryzen 3 pro 2200GE (35w TDP chip)
Samsung PM981 nvme 512 GB SSD bought from te used
Kingston Fury 2*8GB 2666 laptop ram - bought from Amazon
Original 500GB hdd
2 years extended warranty for 6K from HP (it was still in warranty when i got it)
Dongles for bt and AC 1200 wifi (bt from Amazon, wifi from here) - stock was a HP USB n dongle instead of the internal one this should have had. Was missing the antennas so didn't buy the m2 card
where did you get teh GE chip from any sources you can share ?

I don't think it's available retail. I saw some listings on Ali/eBay. I got mine as part of this built mini desktop from oldlappy.com. they don't have it any more though
primeabgb had it for a while aswell, even they dont carry anymore. Going to be tough finding this i think. Has very low power consumption for good perf.

Back