The "Everyday" show-off thread !

congrats to both of you! create a separate thread where you both can post a description of your systems (and, start it with a mention of your salary, esp. you rohan, ofcourse if you don't mind it....just kidding ;)).
i believe both of you must be members of HFV as well, isn't it?!
Nope, not a member of HFV, but did go through the forum before buying. My system currently consists of just the AVR and the floor standers. Will buy a center channel speaker later.

congrats to both of you! create a separate thread where you both can post a description of your systems (and, start it with a mention of your salary, esp. you rohan, ofcourse if you don't mind it....just kidding ;)).
i believe both of you must be members of HFV as well, isn't it?!

@rohan - the 'avengers' screenshot looks stunning! running BD? please provide a break-up of the total cost, if you may. and the model of the TV.

HDTV = Rs 100500
Samsung 3D blu ray player = Rs 9200
Videocon D2H = Rs 2450 ( Got 1 year platinium HD package free )
Denon AVR-1312 AV receiver = Rs 20500
Polk Audio TSi400 Floor Standers = Rs 18000 ( Lucky to get them so cheap , they were actually the demo model but in great condition and got full warranty on them , new ones go over 25-26k ! )

And yes its the Avengers 3d Blu ray playing in 2D mode in the screenshot .

I was looking for a budget big screen tv and home theater system for over 3-4 months now . Initial budget was just around 1 lakhs , been saving for some time now . But in this budget i had to sacrifice on screen size and sound quality . So later increased my budget to another 50k ( thanks to my father ) Even in this budget i was getting only a 46inch 3d tv . So decided to get the Samsung UA46ES6200 TV . Went for a demo and was not that impressed . The store manager was a friend and he showed me another 55 ' TV , it was from Videocon but i liked the picture quality . Checked everything Hd/SD and 3D quality and apart from a slight back light bleed everything else looked well and the price was same as the samsung 46 'tv . Was getting 8 3d glasses compared to 2 in samsung and 3 years warranty compared to just 1 year of samsung . Connected my 500gb HDD to tv and it even played a 20gb Transformers .mkv file which the sammy failed to ! So booked the tv there itself . LED TV . Only thing missing were the smart features which i think is just a gimmick . Luckily i am getting smart features through my Samsung BD player .

Planning to buy next month
Polkaudio/Wharfedale/Sonodyne center and rear surround speakers ,
Polkaudio PSW125 Subwoofer
PS3 !

HDTV = Rs 100500
Samsung 3D blu ray player = Rs 9200
Videocon D2H = Rs 2450 ( Got 1 year platinium HD package free )
Denon AVR-1312 AV receiver = Rs 20500
Polk Audio TSi400 Floor Standers = Rs 18000 ( Lucky to get them so cheap , they were actually the demo model but in great condition and got full warranty on them , new ones go over 25-26k ! )

And yes its the Avengers 3d Blu ray playing in 2D mode in the screenshot .

I was looking for a budget big screen tv and home theater system for over 3-4 months now . Initial budget was just around 1 lakhs , been saving for some time now . But in this budget i had to sacrifice on screen size and sound quality . So later increased my budget to another 50k ( thanks to my father ) Even in this budget i was getting only a 46inch 3d tv . So decided to get the Samsung UA46ES6200 TV . Went for a demo and was not that impressed . The store manager was a friend and he showed me another 55 ' TV , it was from Videocon but i liked the picture quality . Checked everything Hd/SD and 3D quality and apart from a slight back light bleed everything else looked well and the price was same as the samsung 46 'tv . Was getting 8 3d glasses compared to 2 in samsung and 3 years warranty compared to just 1 year of samsung . Connected my 500gb HDD to tv and it even played a 20gb Transformers .mkv file which the sammy failed to ! So booked the tv there itself . LED TV . Only thing missing were the smart features which i think is just a gimmick . Luckily i am getting smart features through my Samsung BD player .

Planning to buy next month
Polkaudio/Wharfedale/Sonodyne center and rear surround speakers ,
Polkaudio PSW125 Subwoofer
PS3 !

that seems to be hell of some VFM purchases (TV & FS)! and its really heartening to note about the warranty, PQ, media-playback & bundled accessories (8! wait; EIGHT!! active shutter 3D glasses?! damn! :O :bigok:) with the TV. :hail: Videocon!!
AFAIK, Sonodyne i think is due to launch a new range of speakers. let other members continue with posting about their eye-catching stuff here; i will carry on with you over PMs.

Got something from iccworld today :D

KE6tal.jpg

(8! wait; EIGHT!! active shutter 3D glasses?! damn! :O :bigok:) with the TV. :hail: Videocon!!

Ya now i can invite my neighbours too , to watch 3D movies instead of watching alone ! And the glasses which we get with this tv are passive in nature (not sure ) like the one we get with LG , they do not require charging . They are light and confortable to use for long hours and 3d effects are OK , i have seen better but what it shines is its 2D playback .

Ya now i can invite my neighbours too , to watch 3D movies instead of watching alone ! And the glasses which we get with this tv are passive in nature (not sure ) like the one we get with LG , they do not require charging . They are light and confortable to use for long hours and 3d effects are OK , i have seen better but what it shines is its 2D playback .
If they are passive (ones without battery) then you will enjoy it more ... I have watched back to back for 4.5hours using those glasses on my LG tv. They are very comfortable. Only thing is every new person may find it troublesome for first 15min. thats it.
Do check out the Dual Play option from LG. You can do the same with any passive 3D TV. Just some simple tricks to replace the glasses of the 3D glasses.
Try it once... you will love playing split screen games on ur tv then. Both users can view their game in fullscreen.

If they are passive (ones without battery) then you will enjoy it more ... I have watched back to back for 4.5hours using those glasses on my LG tv. They are very comfortable. Only thing is every new person may find it troublesome for first 15min. thats it.
Do check out the Dual Play option from LG. You can do the same with any passive 3D TV. Just some simple tricks to replace the glasses of the 3D glasses.
Try it once... you will love playing split screen games on ur tv then. Both users can view their game in fullscreen.

Yup the glasses are without battery , and there is an option in the TV for dual screens but first i will need to buy a ps3 !

Just got my Renault Duster Home. Color is woodland Brown.
It looks gorgeous and rides even better on Bangalore's krappy roads. :D

Frigging Karantaka govt, charges 2 Lacs in taxes and dishes out gift wrapped potholes.

Damages? Don't even ask :(

Back