The "Everyday" show-off thread !

My Black Friday purchases

PS4.jpg

Watch.jpg

This came in after a 41 day wait from Singapore via AliExpress Standard Shipping...

2nc2jxw.jpg

16lepeo.jpg

2vc7t4m.jpg

348io07.jpg

Parnis Big Pilot PA-01172 with an Asian Unitas Seagull 6497 Movement

This watch has a small anecdotal story attached to it and this is how it goes... I was browsing through the AliExpress 11-11 Sale and saw this timepiece. Having instantly fallen in love with it's classic, minimalist IWC Portuguese-esque looks I could hardly restrain myself from ordering one. The heart wants what it wants. But that's only half the story...

You see on the 11th of November, in the afternoon I placed the order. That very evening a remarkably poignant event happened and it set in motion certain catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the loss of a very loved one in my life. Now having received the watch it strangely enough makes me remember her. That day, that evening... memories, in TIME. For any watch collector, for any watch enthusiast every watch almost always has a story attached to it. Some say these stories are lovely little conversation starters over a glass of glistening sherry. Timepieces always tell a tale.

For me... this Parnis has it's own little tale, a bittersweet one at that. I shall wear it, thinking of her. Traces of memories in the sands of time...

My brother and I got the IWC models and they both stopped working after a few months.

Hey, it was actually a friend who used to own a furniture store (unfortunately she doesnt anymore), sorry. It's actually an inch think MDF thats been powder coated, with 4 aluminium height adjustable legs drilled into it.

Where are you located bro? we would love some more pictures of the desk, since im planning on getting a new desk made for me.

a
This came in after a 41 day wait from Singapore via AliExpress Standard Shipping...

2nc2jxw.jpg

16lepeo.jpg

2vc7t4m.jpg

348io07.jpg

Parnis Big Pilot PA-01172 with an Asian Unitas Seagull 6497 Movement

This watch has a small anecdotal story attached to it and this is how it goes... I was browsing through the AliExpress 11-11 Sale and saw this timepiece. Having instantly fallen in love with it's classic, minimalist IWC Portuguese-esque looks I could hardly restrain myself from ordering one. The heart wants what it wants. But that's only half the story...

You see on the 11th of November, in the afternoon I placed the order. That very evening a remarkably poignant event happened and it set in motion certain catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the loss of a very loved one in my life. Now having received the watch it strangely enough makes me remember her. That day, that evening... memories, in TIME. For any watch collector, for any watch enthusiast every watch almost always has a story attached to it. Some say these stories are lovely little conversation starters over a glass of glistening sherry. Timepieces always tell a tale.

For me... this Parnis has it's own little tale, a bittersweet one at that. I shall wear it, thinking of her. Traces of memories in the sands of time...

What price you got it for?

Back