The "Everyday" show-off thread !

No one local supplies parts for custom builds. Most you'll get is Ducky/Varmilio prebuilts from Meckeys. Most of these parts were sourced from KBDFans before they stopped shipping to India in May, and the remaining through another custom keeb site Auramech based outta Canada.

But if you want a really really good keyboard, bug @SunnyBoi. He's being breaking down TVSes, and turning them into absolute beauties. Lubed and Filmed Gateron Yellows (smooooooth), sound dampened case, lubed stabs, the works.
Thx. Will ping him for sure.. for now I am happy clikclacking on a chinese knockoff :)

I bought a few things over the past month.

IMG_20200930_173551__01.jpg
IMG_20200930_181633.jpg
IMG_20200930_182128__01.jpg

I have wanted to move to SFF for a while now, but could never bring myself to spend extra for getting smaller components, and the itx, sfx parts availability in India is terrible and the prices are even worse.

When I saw the NZXT H1 and Silverstone RVZ03 in stock on Primeabgb, I simply ordered both as I wasn't sure which form factor I will like better (well, YOLO).

And then I also got hold of an Asrock Deskmini A300, and had to get an APU for that. Got the Athlon 3000G from a friend as a temporary, till he gets his hands on the new 4xxxG APU and passes me his 3400G.

The 3100 + A320 was my secondary system, which is now replaced by the Deskmini. My primary was a 3600 based system, which is now with my cousin, and is now replaced with another 3600 + B450i Aorus Pro sff system.

All in all, I moved from 2 huge systems ( CM HAF 912 and NZXT phantom S240) to a tiny Deskmini and a small RVZ03. (Will use the H1 sometime later)

I bought a few things over the past month.

View attachment 91191View attachment 91192View attachment 91193

I have wanted to move to SFF for a while now, but could never bring myself to spend extra for getting smaller components, and the itx, sfx parts availability in India is terrible and the prices are even worse.

When I saw the NZXT H1 and Silverstone RVZ03 in stock on Primeabgb, I simply ordered both as I wasn't sure which form factor I will like better (well, YOLO).

And then I also got hold of an Asrock Deskmini A300, and had to get an APU for that. Got the Athlon 3000G from a friend as a temporary, till he gets his hands on the new 4xxxG APU and passes me his 3400G.

The 3100 + A320 was my secondary system, which is now replaced by the Deskmini. My primary was a 3600 based system, which is now with my cousin, and is now replaced with another 3600 + B450i Aorus Pro sff system.

All in all, I moved from 2 huge systems ( CM HAF 912 and NZXT phantom S240) to a tiny Deskmini and a small RVZ03. (Will use the H1 sometime later)
Nice purchases! Going "mini" always involves more money. But it has its lovely perks. I'm still on huge chassis/cheap component mind set. Lol. Congrats!

Nice purchases! Going "mini" always involves more money. But it has its lovely perks. I'm still on huge chassis/cheap component mind set. Lol. Congrats!
I too was of the same mindset, but I needed to buy almost a complete system anyway as my cousin wanted my system. When I saw the NZXT H1 and the silverstone cases in stock on PrimeAbgb, I just couldn't resist.

I can finally travel easily with my system. These cases should be good for several years to come.

I too was of the same mindset, but I needed to buy almost a complete system anyway as my cousin wanted my system. When I saw the NZXT H1 and the silverstone cases in stock on PrimeAbgb, I just couldn't resist.

I can finally travel easily with my system. These cases should be good for several years to come.
Just saw that H1 is 34k. How long did the delivery take? NZXT is really good these days as compared to a decade ago. I'm tempting to get one of their cases. RGB jazz despite the fact that my chassis is in an enclosed enclosure.

Just saw that H1 is 34k. How long did the delivery take? NZXT is really good these days as compared to a decade ago. I'm tempting to get one of their cases. RGB jazz despite the fact that my chassis is in an enclosed enclosure.

Yep, the H1 was 34500 + 800 for shipping. It took about a week to deliver (Bluedart).

Welcome to SFF gang. Which PSU are you getting ?

The H1 has its own PSU. The RVZ03 can use a normal ATX sized PSU. Already built and using the RVZ03 and the Deskmini.

I wish we had more choice available here in India, I saw the Node 202 preorder/interest check from primeabgb, but had already ordered the rvz03 till then. I would've liked something sub 10L if I had the choice, but 12-14L will have to do for now. Whenever I upgrade next, it will be sub 10L.

I would've liked something sub 10L if I had the choice, but 12-14L will have to do for now. Whenever I upgrade next, it will be sub 10L.
Sub-10L is very interesting zone. I moved from 11.5L to 8.5L and can feel that excitement and vibe. I was aiming for 7L-ish but cabinet which I had shortlisted for that volume was not of great build quality.

the Deskmini
This one needs to be more popular in India then it is right now - specially with Ryzen 4000 series APUs !

Sub-10L is very interesting zone. I moved from 11.5L to 8.5L and can feel that excitement and vibe. I was aiming for 7L-ish but cabinet which I had shortlisted for that volume was not of great build quality.
Yeah, I saw your posts, moving from SG13 to a Ghost S1 clone. I wish we had such choice here. I've been following several chinese cases that use flex PSUs like the K39 etc, but they seem to have okayish build at best. Also, the indian customs are killing the customers now. I am more inclined towards something like a Dr Zaber Sentry. Will have to source something like that in the future.

This one needs to be more popular in India then it is right now - specially with Ryzen 4000 series APUs !

Asrock is launching a new Deskmini model with support for the newer 4000 series APUs.

I am more inclined towards something like a Dr Zaber Sentry. Will have to source something like that in the future.
I think you would like to check XQ69.

Asrock is launching a new Deskmini model with support for the newer 4000 series APUs.
Yes, that's X300. Their A300 could support it technically and they had a BIOS for it too - 3.60N - but it was pulled off from web.

Rearranged my desk, added the swans an a TVS Gold Pro, all on an AmazonBasics Extended deskmat! The Ryzen PC will eventually move here, the wires should all go away once the laptop has been replaced by the PC.

Rqz9AZk.jpg

Got a Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM to give company to my Dell U2311! Thanks @Chaos !!! The U2312HM will replace my Benq 22inch VA monitor back in my hometown.

ZOF6tnh.jpg

Rearranged my desk, added the swans an a TVS Gold Pro, all on an AmazonBasics Extended deskmat! The Ryzen PC will eventually move here, the wires should all go away once the laptop has been replaced by the PC.

Rqz9AZk.jpg

Got a Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM to give company to my Dell U2311! Thanks @Chaos !!! The U2312HM will replace my Benq 22inch VA monitor back in my hometown.

ZOF6tnh.jpg
Mine is also 2312 monitor of dell and been 12 yrs. Wipe it everyday and keep it dustfree. so it would last longer.

Back