The "Everyday" show-off thread !

IMG-20230810-WA0012.jpegIMG-20230810-WA0014.jpeg

Going to pair it with https://techenclave.com/threads/amazon-india-lightning-deals.176126/post-2478140

image.jpg

But of a splurge from a chunk of my savings. Switch v2 has “additional capabilities”.

Initially I was upset with Orochi v2 for lack of extra buttons (going from a G604, so I am used to macros galore) but just 1 hour of gaming with this and I can feel improvement in my aim in apex legends, so I think I’ll keep this puppy around.

@Mann Nice! MSI unexpectedly became my preferred motherboard brand in recent years.

They were calling themselves Microstar back when I first heard of them, about 25 years ago. My preferred brand then was Abit, so nearly everyone else fell short by a large margin (Abit was the company that introduced BIOS overclocking when everyone else was doing jumpers). So I never thought much about MSI since then and eventually gravitated towards Gigabyte because of their dual bios feature that was present even on their lowest end boards. It was rumored that some of Abit's engineers ended up at Gigabyte but I've never checked. ASUS never appealed to me for some odd reason, their older boards lacked aesthetic then they priced themselves way high with the ROG brand and then eventually they started removing features for the sake of market segmentation.

The majority of my systems at home are based on MSI motherboards and it wasn't even planned, it's just what I was able to buy here in the marketplace or on Amazon. Something as pedestrian as the B350 Gaming Plus ended up being the most stable system in my proxmox clusters, hardly ever requiring reboots while an ASUS ROG X370 system needs almost weekly reboots.

And I don't even like them as a brand, it's just strange that I end up preferring them for their stability and features (like post status lights on sub 10k models which no one else has).

Did about 35ish km of cycling a couple days ago with a friend to show them around the city. Impressed with the Huawei Fit 2 on all fronts except for the lack of an auto-pause feature.
As a result, my average speed is lower than it should be and the total route was split into multiple entries. Also some distance is missing because I forgot to manually resume workout after pausing a couple of times.
Still, would highly recommend for the price point.

Attachments

• 20230811_104231.jpg
    20230811_104231.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Handy tool for quickly connecting, formatting, testing SSDs... Bought one last year and this one just came in this evening. ₹499 off amazon.

View attachment 175312View attachment 175313View attachment 175314

Ha, this reminded me of the time when I thought I could make a career out of being an amazon reviewer before I realized it's way too much work

Back