The Fitness Thread !

Please suggest lifting belt...

i'll suggest that you leave aside those belts because:

1) while wearing belts you can work with extra weights than your core can actually lift. increases the chances of injury.
2) you can bend your lower back which you won't notice while wearing a belt. increases the chances of injury.
3) belts support stomach muscles to a great extent and that means your stomach muscles can relax while lifting heavy weights. eventually, your core becomes weak and you loose form.

belts are a way to overcome your body's weakness and let you left some heavy weights. but they do not help you in any positive manner.

1) while wearing belts you can work with extra weights than your core can actually lift. increases the chances of injury.
2) you can bend your lower back which you won't notice while wearing a belt. increases the chances of injury.
3) belts support stomach muscles to a great extent and that means your stomach muscles can relax while lifting heavy weights. eventually, your core becomes weak and you loose form.

belts are a way to overcome your body's weakness and let you left some heavy weights. but they do not help you in any positive manner.
Okay, No belts then! I see all these experienced guys using belts, hence asked.

I use belt only during back and legs workout. It actually helps me lift more and prevents injury. What I believe is go heavy or go home and if you're not doing better than the previous week its all a waste.

Not really. Belts are a must after regular lifting for some time. I got this one:

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVERBELTS_BUCKLE10MM

It is one of the best out there. Don't settle for cheap belts if you are lifting heavy. The theory that wearing belts weakens core is bullcrap, it is just the opposite.

^^ bullcrap? then why do people say that belts help them lift more... which means, in real life (outside of gym) they can't lift the same amount of weights without their precious belts? do you have an explanation for that?

belts suit steroid loving sham lifters (that's why we call them body builders).

^^ bullcrap? then why do people say that belts help them lift more... which means, in real life (outside of gym) they can't lift the same amount of weights without their precious belts? do you have an explanation for that?

You are misinformed.

I totally disagree. Belts or lifting gear has nothing to do with juicers. Its personal preference some people like to use gloves or straps as it enhances grip, same with the lifting belt it helps you lift more as it improves your posture for example dead lifts, if you don't do it right you'll probably end up with lower back pain that's because you might have arched your back as the weights were heavier and lifting belt helps you avoid it.

^^ how much do you deadlift - with and without a belt?

It can also be a placebo. People feel more confident when they are wearing belts and feel safer so they try and end up lifting more. When not wearing a belt, they feel more vulnerable and don't go all out.
Logically, what is your reasoning behind the thought that belts somehow are detrimental when lifting weights. I am pretty sure there is no difference in how much one can lift whether they use a belt or not. It is meant to help reduce the chances of injury.

I have already read that and I feel you are wrong. Infact for people who don't have a really strong core, the belt helps keep the core tight and firm, as it should be, hence aiding in keeping the form correct and reducing the chance to get injured.
Yes it does mean that people who don't have enough core strength will be able to lift more than they should, but the strength used will be their own. The belt will only help maintain the form and I don't see anything wrong with that. Similar to why I use gloves in the gym because my wrists are not that strong and combined with sweaty palms led to gripping problems. Doesn't mean the strength I use to do bench presses isn't coming from me.

^^ gloves, grips, wrist/knee support are totally different things and have different purpose... they are not analogous to belts.

belts are not rigid and your back can easily bend however tight you wear it. belts provide a false sense of security. if they are helping you then please continue to use them.

^^ gloves, grips, wrist/knee support are totally different things and have different purpose... they are not analogous to belts.

belts are not rigid and your back can easily bend however tight you wear it. belts provide a false sense of security. if they are helping you then please continue to use them.
Once you wear an Inzer you will know what RIGID really means.

Perhaps small amount of belly fat helps securing the belt properly ;)... My stomach is absolutely flat and the belt just slips. But that's not the sole reason for my aversion to belts.

I've spent 2 years in some of the best gyms in the US. Inzer is not new to me. I've tried the same gear (grips, belts etc) that the professionals used in my gym... Those gyms carried all the necessary gear. It's there that i learnt to use alternatives to belts to lift more and to prevent injuries/accidents.

Belts let you cheat by altering your posture, otherwise how can you suddenly lift more? Belts are not magical. I learnt this the hardway when i was bedridden for a week because of backpain. I thought that i would not be able to sit up straight again in my life. :D

Perhaps small amount of belly fat helps securing the belt properly ;)... My stomach is absolutely flat and the belt just slips. But that's not the sole reason for my aversion to belts.

I've spent 2 years in some of the best gyms in the US. Inzer is not new to me. I've tried the same gear (grips, belts etc) that the professionals used in my gym... Those gyms carried all the necessary gear. It's there that i learnt to use alternatives to belts to lift more and to prevent injuries/accidents.

Belts let you cheat by altering your posture, otherwise how can you suddenly lift more? Belts are not magical. I learnt this the hardway when i was bedridden for a week because of backpain. I thought that i would not be able to sit up straight again in my life. :D
Belts are not magical, neither are suppliments and other gear. You didn't try the Inzer in your gym in the US.

Last edited:
Back