Graphic Cards The Geforce 7800 GT is coming

Blade_Runner

Skilled
The Geforce 7800 GT is coming
NVIDIA IS PREPARING for hard launch number two, as it will have Geforce 7800GT in the shops available the moment it releases it. Geforce series seven will get its slower but cheaper.

This means Nvidia has turned over a new leaf and will do it for the second time, running.

It will be a slower clocked version of the same G70 chip that we all see as the Geforce 7800GTX series. We suspect that it will be just a slower clocked card with same number of pipelines but we could not confirm this at press time. We don’t have the core clocks for you, yet. Nvidia wants to keep if quiet, even to its partners.

Don’t be scared that Nvidia will fade away the Geforce 6800GT and 6800 cards as it plans to continue shipping those cards together with Geforce 7800GTX and newcomer 7800GT. We believe that generation six of the cards will drop down in price but we can not confirm this. All the se cards will support Shader model 3.0, HDR and will be SLI compatible.

This will put some additional pressure on ATI as its R520 is still a way down the road and might even make it to drop X850 and X800 prices down to compete Nvidia treat. Nvidia is serious now and hasn't felt so good since the Geforce 4 TI 4600 times. µ

[RANK="theinquirer.net/?article=24359"]Source[/RANK]

Hehehehee....
I always have said that ATi is a one trick pony.If the R520 is not upto snuff,then who knows in a couple of years ATi may go the 3DFX way......

Exactly what I predicted guys !

Anyways this is going to trouble ATi as this card will be a bit more expensive than the X850XT PE, but thrash it !

@undertaker I dont understand one thing... Why is that when you talk it always ends up being ATI vs nVIDIA and you cursing ATI... For gods sake stop it... What wrong has the company done to you or did nVIDIA pay you posting BS...

If ATI would have sucked then it would have not been there at all... It would have gone a long time ago... And if you go back in time then in the early days when Ge Force one had just one out nVIDIA themselves said that they are not afraid of 3DFX but ATI and i respect them for that...

ATI lived up to nVIDIA's expectations and i respect them for that... And if either of them would not have existed than i am sure there wouldnt have been a healthy competetion... It would have been sucky like MICROSOFT...

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly... Competition is always good. Cos if it weren't there, we'd be living in stone age as far as desktop graphics is concerned. Once upon a time, there used to be atleast four or five players in the 3d market... 3dfx, nvidia, ati, s3, rendition, 3dlabs, powervr. However sadly right now only ATI and NV is alive out of them. If only had more of them survived, we'd have had more competition in the market and would have had better products. To look at what a monopoly does to a market, you dont have to go too far... just look at the sound card market. Creative had been selling the same craptastic EMU chip that they developed in 1999 till today cos there's no competition. When aureal was there, they had some and thats what forced them to make the EMU which was good then but is like a relic from the stone age now. Thankfully, it has seen some competition from the Via Envy chip since last year and the cmedia 8768+ chip this year which has DDL support that forced them to develop the X-Fi.

@undertaker: Would you like sucky 5 year product cycles for graphics cards as well? Its bcoz of ATI that NV had to produce the 6800 chip else we'd have had to survive on sucky gef fx performance. Last year ATI was on the receiving end for bad products so they'd have to get their act together this year or else they'll fade away like 3dfx as well. In fact i'd love s3 and xgi to come up with decent chips too so that they can provide decent competition to the big two. (thought that doesnt seem very likely) Monopolies are bad for everyone and accept that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back