The Generosity of old Techenclave

AK3D

Adept
I just had a call with my friend @Arya . We were talking about our old friends from TE, their unparalleled generosity and their contribution to community.
Arya mentioned how several members including @Shripad (Was that Funky?), Gannu, Saiyan and others were very helpful.

The members who I spoke to way back (and are likely very very busy with their lives), @BIKeINSTEIN (one of the most helpful persons ever), @stormblast (Stormy), @Chaos @Gannu @Spectre (who I bought a 4870 from) and @Shade (who I sold the 4870 to) and so many others, I wish them well.
Bought a watch from @shady2pac and still in touch with him, wonderful person. And I'm thankful to @gmano for the NATO straps which are still in use.
There are many others I'm missing out, including the wonderful mods who have been the backbone of running this forum positively and ethically. You all know who you are.

Thank you guys for touching my life in a positive way. Hope you are all doing well, wherever you are.

Good times indeed! @AK3D invited me over to his place when I was struggling for good food in a new city. Many others from TE reached out too.

Shoutout to @RiO, @Chaos, @Supra, Sandy, @Gannu, @sunny27, @DarkDefender, @FaH33m @gmano . RiO took me along to my first lanparty @Chaos's place. I ended up hosting one where TE members from many cities joined. @Saiyan had a video too. One time @Gannu paid KMD on my behalf. I don't even remember what it was. Looks like some haven't been here for almost a decade. Great memories though. Thanks @AK3D

Good times indeed! @AK3D invited me over to his place when I was struggling for good food in a new city. Many others from TE reached out too.

Shoutout to @RiO, @Chaos, @Supra, Sandy, @Gannu, @sunny27, @DarkDefender, @FaH33m @gmano . RiO took me along to my first lanparty @Chaos's place. I ended up hosting one where TE members from many cities joined. @Saiyan had a video too. One time @Gannu paid KMD on my behalf. I don't even remember what it was. Looks like some haven't been here for almost a decade. Great memories though. Thanks @AK3D
I was especially touched with the episode where you mentioned @Saiyan went out of his way to bring you something. Now that is community. People shipping you stuff without asking for money (I had these incidents with @BIKeINSTEIN ). Seems incredible now, for some reason.

@vivek.krishnan @suds and @aasimenator were kind enough to give me career guidance when i was in my final semester. Vivek straight up gave me his number and told me to call at anytime. Who does that? Greatly appreciate you three for pointing me in the right direction, as back then i had no idea what i was doing

Also shout out to @FaH33m for answering so many of my audio product related queries over the years here and on FB. This guy is such a beautiful soul, no matter how much I bothered him, he never failed to respond.

I can't believe I almost forgot @waseem46. I met him through a sale thread in this forum, and later I purchased a GPU through his shop, but the distributor messed up and sent him the wrong card. I spent a decent amount of time at his shop just waiting for the courier guy to show up with the right card, and I am so glad that **** up happened, because otherwise, I would have never become friends with this amazing human being. He was always there, not just for me, but for anyone who needed help. Can't believe its been so long, rest in peace brother, you will be missed.

And thank you @AK3D. You brought back so many beautiful memories.

Last edited:
Wow.. Those super active days on TE. Thanks @AK3D for bringing this up. Used to do so much shopping from USA through @FaH33m 's audiphile advice. Sourced so much stuff using the Group Orders. Watches, Monoprice parts, RC toys, and so much more. Always used to, and still do get guidance cure on my gadget/tech fever here only.
People here have been really kind to give friendly guidance in any sphere of life @chetansha @rkkaranrk @chetansha @Saiyan @Crazy_Eddy @PristineNote @Rivunited @hzant6681 @shady2pac @Gannu Ankit, Nomad, Darkstar, mib007, sooo many and many more.

People have been really kind here and hence the community is still quite awesome.

Wish someone would inform us about this sites history. Who started it, etc.

I myself read about it in a newspaper, no jokes. The article (most prob in Times of India) mentioned how <someone> has started this forum to help people with assembling PCs or something to that effect.

Actually as overclocking became less important this forum (and other similar forums) lost it's raison d'être so to speak.

Last edited:

I myself read about it in a newspaper, no jokes. The article (most prob in Times of India) mentioned how <someone> has started this forum to help people with assembling PCs or something to that effect.

Actually as overclocking became less important this (and other similar forums) lost it's raison d'être so to speak.
Sadly,The original owner has given up on TE.

@vivek.krishnan @suds and @aasimenator were kind enough to give me career guidance when i was in my final semester. Vivek straight up gave me his number and told me to call at anytime. Who does that? Greatly appreciate you three for pointing me in the right direction, as back then i had no idea what i was doing
Love these stories of kindness and friendship. You're welcome, it's one of the reasons I shared my thoughts after talking to Arya yesterday.

Wow.. Those super active days on TE. Thanks @AK3D for bringing this up. Used to do so much shopping from USA through @FaH33m 's audiphile advice. Sourced so much stuff using the Group Orders. Watches, Monoprice parts, RC toys, and so much more. Always used to, and still do get guidance cure on my gadget/tech fever here only.
People here have been really kind to give friendly guidance in any sphere of life @chetansha @rkkaranrk @chetansha @Saiyan @Crazy_Eddy @PristineNote @Rivunited @hzant6681 @shady2pac @Gannu Ankit, Nomad, Darkstar, mib007, sooo many and many more.

People have been really kind here and hence the community is still quite awesome.

Haha yeah, I purchased a few things from some Gos, and people were doing that from their own time and dedication to sharing (The NATO straps Go is another example I gave). I agree, the kind people are always there, but maybe it's harder for us to connect these days like we did before.

Actually as overclocking became less important this (and other similar forums) lost it's raison d'être so to speak.
I joined in 2005ish I think, (even though my profile shows 2007), or was there some Forum snafu way back. I don't recall. Techenclave was around even before that ~2 years, perhaps @Crazy_Eddy and @renegade can share when it began.

Yes, there was a lot of focus on overclocking, I had an Athlon XP that I was trying to squeeze some mhz out of way back. It's not just the overclocking though, people became busy with their lives, work and family, and had less time to interact. I see that true for many other forums and media.
You've been around for a while too @chetansha, and contributed.
------------
Also saw @SunnyBoi interact with the thread - he's a legend too.

Still around here just not as active - most of us are now in middle age and have given up on gaming :). Other hobbies have taken over the space. I still lurk around here once in a while though.

That's awesome! I am also now working with someone I met here, I'm sure I will be working with him for a very long time indeed.

Actually as overclocking became less important this forum (and other similar forums) lost it's raison d'être so to speak.
I joined in 2005ish I think, (even though my profile shows 2007), or was there some Forum snafu way back. I don't recall. Techenclave was around even before that ~2 years, perhaps @Crazy_Eddy and @renegade can share when it began.

It all started with ThinkDigit Forums back in mid 2001. The core members of TE had already assembled and were interacting, I joined the gang by Nov 2001, then moved to Pro/Forums for a year then started Tech-Arena. This site was the pre cursor for TechEnclave, unfortunately it was maliciously taken over by one of the admins, hence most of us abandoned it and started TechEnclave from scratch. TE is running since dec-2004 or Jan 2005 and will continue to run.

Yes, there was a lot of focus on overclocking, I had an Athlon XP that I was trying to squeeze some mhz out of way back. It's not just the overclocking though, people became busy with their lives, work and family, and had less time to interact. I see that true for many other forums and media.
I remember the glory days of overclocking, the good folks at ThinkDigit wrote a 2 page article about my Athlon XP overclocking adventures too hehe. Like Chaos said, we've gotten older and other priorities have taken the place of the computer.

No such thing has happened or will happen.

I just had a call with my friend @Arya . We were talking about our old friends from TE, their unparalleled generosity and their contribution to community.
Arya mentioned how several members including @Shripad (Was that Funky?), Gannu, Saiyan and others were very helpful.

The members who I spoke to way back (and are likely very very busy with their lives), @BIKeINSTEIN (one of the most helpful persons ever), @stormblast (Stormy), @Chaos @Gannu @Spectre (who I bought a 4870 from) and @Shade (who I sold the 4870 to) and so many others, I wish them well.
Bought a watch from @shady2pac and still in touch with him, wonderful person. And I'm thankful to @gmano for the NATO straps which are still in use.
There are many others I'm missing out, including the wonderful mods who have been the backbone of running this forum positively and ethically. You all know who you are.

Thank you guys for touching my life in a positive way. Hope you are all doing well, wherever you are.
Thank you @AK3D for revoking nostalgic memories of TE.

TE remains as India’s topmost IT forum even in 2024 & those initial years were the most important & critical – as quick solutions were not so available or trustworthy from online sites.

I must be one of the very few existing members on TE who is in the 60+ age group today (my DP Wizened Dinosaur) LOL is right, I think! :wideyed::hearteyes:

I have also had the pleasure of learning from so many of the ID’s mentioned above.
What little I could contribute was from my experience of using Power PC’s (Xeons & Macs) from 1995 onwards in my workplace [Media Industry], and in a limited way in building my own home PC’s down the road & helping other’s too along the years (in building Media PC's) & in sundry other ways.
I have also had wonderful personal contacts with the community of TE as I sold off many items successfully.

Today, I have retired & have a Power PC at home – but Jobless as I keep searching for online work avenues.

But, always getting back to TE each day online – is like RETURNING HOME!:happy:

Last edited:
I remember a very long thread of mine with @adder back in 2009/2010 to buy a large screen tv. Something that used to cost premium then. Long thread with so many comments and most stupid ones from me. Thanks for being patient and answering. TV still works after 14 years.

Thanks to Katmandude for sourcing stuff from US for US.

Came here to buy Creative EP630 in 2007...still here.

Same here. Joined in 2007 during the EP630 craze!
my review bought a lot of folks here ;)

Woah, dont recall. But thanks! Always ready to lend a helping hand, always. Hope was useful.
Thank you @AK3D for revoking nostalgic memories of TE.

TE remains as India’s topmost IT forum even in 2024 & those initial years were the most important & critical – as quick solutions were not so available or trustworthy from online sites.

I must be one of the very few existing members on TE who is in the 60+ age group today (my DP Wizened Dinosaur) LOL is right, I think! :wideyed::hearteyes:

I have also had the pleasure of learning from so many of the ID’s mentioned above.
What little I could contribute was from my experience of using Power PC’s (Xeons & Macs) from 1995 onwards in my workplace [Media Industry], and in a limited way in building my own home PC’s down the road & helping other’s too along the years (in building Media PC's) & in sundry other ways.
I have also had wonderful personal contacts with the community of TE as I sold off many items successfully.

Today, I have retired & have a Power PC at home – but Jobless as I keep searching for online work avenues.

But, always getting back to TE each day online – is like RETURNING HOME!:happy:

Hey terence, good to see you back man!

Came here for a price check during COVID, stayed for the content and the people. It has become a routine now to come and check for new posts once every few hours.

Stumbled on to the forum when trying to get suggestions for a new desktop build in 2008 with price updates from Lamington Road. Wouldn't remember any names now but that formed the basis of also trying to help others out.

Was active on Digit forums prior to that but probably unrecognisable because I used an altogether different username.

Anyway, good to have one constant over the past decade and a half.

It feels so nice to read all your hearts out. A community build to help others. A ocean made from the tiney drop of help from each community member. I wish the legacy of this community lives forever...!!!
Cheers to all your friendship and beautiful soul..!!!

Back