PC Peripherals The ~H~ Config: Help

~HeadShot~

Skilled
Hey guys, I'm going to buy a PC, latest by the end of this week. Need inputs and recommendations from ya'll regarding the same.

Processor + Motherboard:
AMD Athlon 3000+ 939 Venice + Asus A8N-E
Price : Rs. 11,500.

RAM:
TwinMOS 1 x 256 MB DDR-400 Memory
Price : Rs. 890
One 256 MB module would be bought now and another module would be added very soon.

Graphics:
8 MB PCI Display Card
Price : Rs. 600 - 800
Don't have much of a budget right now. So, this is a temporary solution.

Monitor:
Not buying. One of my uncles is gifting the same.
Price : Nil

Hard Disk:
Hitachi 80GB SATA II 300MBps
Price : Rs. 2,800
If this is available. Else, I'll have to settle with SATA version of this drive which costs Rs. 400 lesser than this.

Optical Drive:
Benq 1650 DVD-RW (Black)
Price : Rs. 2500
I may have to buy a Lite-ON Combo Drive (Black) for Rs. 1500, if the budget is to be adjusted within Rs. 20,000.

Floppy Drive:
Sony 1.44 MB (Black)
Price : Rs. 275
For some odd moments.

Sound Card:
Onboard

Speakers:
Loud music is a big no-no in my home. Already have a decent pair of AIWA earphones.

Cabinet:
iBall Grabit
Price : Rs 1,200
Have to settle with this crap for now. Will go in for a SLK-3000 BQE + Antec NeoHE 500 later.

Keyboard:
Logitech Spill-resistant Standard Keyboard
Price : Rs 275
Pretty good at what it does.

Mouse:
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical
Price : Rs. 400
Have heard many a praises of this chooha at TechTree.

Modem:
D-Link 56 Kbps Internal Modem
Price : Rs. 400

Total
Price : Rs. 20, 890

Optional Components:

Printer:
Cannon Pixma iP1000
Price : Rs. 2000

Total:
With Printer : Rs. 22, 890

Go for 512 MB RAM if u can, and add 512 more later. Would be a good option, 512 RAM is kinda low if ur buying a computer now.

Edit: btw u can get the A8N-E and 3000+ for a little under 11k now.

hmm, can u pls tell me why are you going for a8n-e? why not go for the integrated video motherboards (the -vm and csm models) the graphics will be manageable till u put in a real card and will be cheaper imho also.

go for atleast 1 gb ram (2 x 512MB) otherwise ur system config will be totally useless as the RAM will totally slow everything down. 2 x 512MB cuz that will enable u to use dual channel mode which in itself is a big improvement.

the cost will increase max by around 2.5k. think about it.

regards,

karan

EDIT: or u can utilize this forum and get GOOD parts for real cheap. look for good RAM and CPU deals. u will find plenty.

hmmm u can go for amd sempron 3000+ socket 754 (64 bit) + gigabyte mobo.it ll come around tht price only and if u can spend more, then get another 256mb.it ll be nice for u.

Headshot- that chooha you mentioned- is it for 400/-??:huh:

Coz the sucky basic/std optical mouse from microsoft was 400-500 odd and the 'Wheel Mouse Optical' was 700-800 odd!!

So buy the one with its @$$ on fire- i mean the one that has the red light at the rear end, lower side!!:p
Bare min for gaming, IMHO!!

Keyboard is fine, should be 250/- bucks or less, i have the same and i wanted one cheap and reliable coz i am a k/b banger!!:ashamed:
Also poured one whole glass of water to check and it still works!!:p
But everyone might not be so lucky!!:cool2:

And there is a slightly pricier Microsoft k/b that TT raves abt, and its not bad!!
450/- bucks or lesser now!!:)

Also a slighly pricier than the basic easy k/b, Logitech basic internet k/b!!
I like its looks and basic internet keys!!
Saw it when Darky sold one!!:)
Would have got his if not sold or the same one new if this one had failed the water test!!:p

And i am sure you will OC, then A8NE is full paisa vasool!!:clap:
But that cpu+mobo combo should be around 11k odd or lesser!!:eek:hyeah:

Else if not OC, stick to A8N VM( less than 4k now)/VM CSM!!:cool2:
so you save on the mobo and display card which u can pump into Ram and psu!!:eek:hyeah:
And you can game too unlike the display card!!:eek:hyeah:
Basic gaming now and have some room for mild OCing too i think!!

Please, Please, Please... If OCing, go for 2x512 now or 1x512Transcend with Samsung UCCC now and add another 512 later!!:eek:hyeah:
Heard that Transcend now down to 3.8k for 2x512!!:clap:

Else if not OCing get same as above but CL2.5 Trascend/Twinmos!!:cool2:
You might find some in Market!!
Mine sold and Saiyan's too most prolly!!

Grabit sucks- waste of money esp if you changing cabby and psu later!!:mad:
I had the grabit, my first cabby for 2 weeks!!:mad:

And the iball 350W? psu is doomsday for your rig!!

Get the VIP856B cabby, cheap and well ventilated for less than 800/-, cabby only!!

Else PM DJ and request him for the model No of the VIP cabby he has!!

Similarly priced and specs, very good features and just the fact that DJ has been using 2 of these for past few years is too great a recommendation for it!!:cool2:

Ask my gurus for what budget PSU to buy, i would still recommed the PS400- bare minimum IMHO, just like XT got recently!!
Though some members also find the colorsit or some thing 400W for 750 bucks odd, good enough!!:cool2:
But ask ChicMagnet about his colorsit 450!!:rofl:

Hitachi SATAIIs are well worth the extra cost, IMHO!!
I have the 80GB, many said not worth the extra money!!
Others have the 250B SATAIIs!!
Quite 'Cool and Quiet'!!

Back