The HTC Sensation Thread

santosh86

Disciple
Jan 19, 2009
Any idea when this is coming to India?
I think this will be THE dual core Android to buy in the coming weeks (Though the "specs" are a little lower compared to the S2 vis-a-vis RAM, internal storage...)
Early previews show a lot of promise.
What say?

adilj

Adept
Oct 11, 2008
Mumbai
I initially liked the phone a lot for its sleek looks but now after comparing it with the Galaxy SII, it seems stupid....

Sensation is heavier, thicker and has a SLCD screen, less RAM and pathetic storage for an android smartphone. Front camera is only 1.5MEGs rather than 2MEGs on the samsung but the samsung looks appaling. And obviously sensation will be more expensive than the SII cause it is HTC...

So am actually confused wht to do??? but the phone looks really good...

santosh86

Disciple
Jan 19, 2009
I personally do not mind the extra flab :)

The S2 is obviously a great spec'd and performing fone, but the the thinness combined with the "wideness" is what is stopping me from going for it. (it is a case of personal opinion obviously)

It somehow feels will be a little uncomfortable to hold. (Will have to wait till I get hands on one to confirm))

vpraveenis

Adept
Jul 8, 2006
A locked bootloader on the sensation is the biggest problem. It means it will practically have no custom rom support..

santosh86

Disciple
Jan 19, 2009
^^ yep...wonder what prompted them to start this

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, can the higher resolution come anywhere close to the S AMOLED+?

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
vpraveenis said:
A locked bootloader on the sensation is the biggest problem. It means it will practically have no custom rom support..
most phones come with a locked bootloader.. it is just that it is not well encrypted...be it Inspire, incredible of desire S. It wont be too long before it is cracked.

as for spec comparison.

the difference between mega pixels on a front facing camera wont matter. none of the displays have pixels to show the difference if speaking in technical terms.

As for SLCD, if it is nearly as good as the SLCD on Galaxy SL or SonyE Xperia Arc then this is gonna be winner. The SCLD on HTC's in india have not been so impressive so far.

Also, the RAM wont make a difference as much as the Adreno 220 vs mali 400 would do.

price it close to 30k and im sold.

vpraveenis

Adept
Jul 8, 2006
madnav said:
most phones come with a locked bootloader.. it is just that it is not well encrypted...be it Inspire, incredible of desire S. It wont be too long before it is cracked.

My Bad, I actually meant the bootloader will be encrypted. I have read an article somewhere that the dev's just got lucky to unlock the thunderbolt. Hope they are able to open it up for custom rom devs. This in any case is a pretty bad move from HTC

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006
htc phones release here pretty quickly i think. i'd bet this one will be out some time next month.

the specs on this one look fantastic. when it was first announced, i had actually considered swapping out my desire hd for this one. however the signed bootloader is a deal breaker for me.

santosh86

Disciple
Jan 19, 2009
Seems HTC is going to reconsider their locked bootloader policy (according to another thread posted on the mobile section)

CeDrIc

Adept
Dec 19, 2007
Bangalore
Now that SGS2 is release for 32,890 INR here, hope this is priced below this and released sooner than thought. I have my eyes rolling on this :D

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
Other than all the cons of the HTC, it is a much worse music device as well. So basically there are many areas where the Samsung wins but barely a few where it loses. I see no reason to go for HTC Sensation except if you just want a gaming device which doesn't do anything else as nicely.

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
One of my friend needs to chose between the SGS2 and HTC Sensation, can somebody provide some insight on A.S.S. for both?

Does super Amoled get replaced quickly?
For longevity sake which is a better buy?