The Humble Indie Bundle (Pay what you want)

pretttt

Skilled
Guys,
Check out The Humble Indie Bundle here. Basically, you get 5 Indie games for whatever price you decide to pay. The Indie titles included are:
World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra Overture
Newly Added: Samorost 2

Actually, this sale is for charity and part of the proceeds go to Child's Play and EFF. Plus, you can decide how much of your money you want to give the developers and how much to the charities. In case you dont want some of the games or already have any, then you can individually gift them to others. All games are DRM free and work on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Mega-Philanthropy: Humble Indie Bundle

Well, I decided to pay 10$. I know its quite insignificant, but I'm not really interested in any of the games as of now :). So, figured 2$ per game is not so bad.

jc36lect3r said:
How did you recieve the games? World of Goo is the only good one, but heck its for charity...

They sent me an email which had the link. From that link you can download any of the games in any of the format (Windows/Mac/Linux).

Orija said:
Read on Kotaku that people are pirating these too.

That is not the point, bud :) they're already available on warez sites. plus, you always have the option of paying $0.01 and downloading, they'll not stop you from doing that.

the thing is, game developers are trying to prove that even in a piracy-rampant market like the PC, by not having nasty DRM and the assumption that your customers are piratical scalawags, you can still make money. They've raised nearly a million USD till now when each of those 100k guys could have d/led these games for free :)

AnkushT said:
They've raised nearly a million USD till now when each of those 100k guys could have d/led these games for free :)

This is the spirit behind this initiative.
I dont know about others, but I for one wasnt much interested in any of the games. I had tried a pirated copy of World of Goo last year and absolutely hated it. Still, you never know with indie games. When I eventually get to playing these, maybe I'll like something.
BTW, having just played Trine and Beat Hazard, I can say both are absolutely awesome! I think I payed only 10-12$ for both together off Steam. Absolutely worth every rupee!! :hap2:

oh and btw, four of the games Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, and Penumbra Overture have gone open source! Total money collected until now has gone well past the $1mil mark. Its standing at $1.1mil now!

Back