The india vs australia series discussion thread

OMG! did our boys play well towards the end or what??

I saw the score at 207/7 and thought "Ha! Now they have lost this one by a big margin."

Little did I know that they would end up losing by just 4 runs. Nice. Shows that there is some fire and fight remaining in our over-paid bunch of jokers. Don't get me wrong, I love cricket, but not the way it is handled in India.

Now I am looking forwards to the next game. India will be out for Aussie blood!!

yeah there was some fireings at end by bhajji and PK ......i don't know what happend to shane watson ..he was bowling full-tosses over full-tosses and they were being smashed by the combo for sixes and fours...do not misss the replay show on neo cricket

Damn i was on radio.Still enjoyed every piece of stuff

My feeling is Shewag should come down the order.

And Dhoni raina should be before him at-least they will play more freely thinking shewag is there for further blast

After Dhoni was out, we were at a position where we needed to make 100 runs with the tailenders at 8 RRR vs an awesome Aussie bowling attack vs which not even our top batsmen could do anything. And then at one point, we were at 40 required of 20 at 12 RRR. I was like 2-3 sixes and we'll be in the game. That's exactly what happened :p Gotta admit Bhajji/PK embarrassed the top batting order, showed them how to bat. One thrilling ODI after a long time, though we were just outclassed in fielding, bowling and batting by the Aussies.

^Get lost from this thread :lol:

Saw cricket after long time , though towards the end of the game. Harbhajan's wicket turned the table sadly.

damn turned out to be an interesting match. i should have gone to the stadium to watch it... but i found out that beforehand that narendra modi was supposed to attend the match or something... and stadium security goes absolutely insane when these supposedly vip people show up. people standing for hours waiting, traffic jams that are kilometres long... all so that the 'special' motorcade isn't inconvenienced. yea, f**k that.

I really hope they drop Jadeja and play yuvi in his place and dont end up replacing kohali or Raina. Jadeja bowled ok yesterday, but he does not look like the bowler who will run through teams. It was his first wicket in 4 games. And he is getting picked as an bowling all rounder and he has failed to delivery with bat for India every single time after that 60 run innings. I didnt understand how come he was picked to replace Abhishek Nayar in first place without giving Nayar any run in ODIs. ( In all games he played, he never had to bat (we either won easily or innings was over ). Dhoni made him bowl 3 over in 3 games.

And he is out of the team :|

And I really hope Tyagi gets a shot in this series. ( I almost felt disappointed to see Sharma back amongst wickets :p )

Shripad said:
I really hope they drop Jadeja and play yuvi in his place and dont end up replacing kohali or Raina. Jadeja bowled ok yesterday, but he does not look like the bowler who will run through teams. It was his first wicket in 4 games. And he is getting picked as an bowling all rounder and he has failed to delivery with bat for India every single time after that 60 run innings. I didnt understand how come he was picked to replace Abhishek Nayar in first place without giving Nayar any run in ODIs. ( In all games he played, he never had to bat (we either won easily or innings was over ). Dhoni made him bowl 3 over in 3 games.
And he is out of the team :|

And I really hope Tyagi gets a shot in this series. ( I almost felt disappointed to see Sharma back amongst wickets :p )

+1 against Jadeja, looks half-hearted, low on self esteem. And +2 for Tyagi, loved some his recent performances. Sharma among wickets was a treat to watch though :p.

Jadeja did us in even in the 20-20 WC if i rem correctly.

Bhajji and RP did came good with the bat but that was one positive we got from the unexpected.

Must not forget the sins both of them committed with what their prime duty was.. to bowl like spl bowlers.

That said, i dont think the batsmen fared any better.

Cant rem the last time Dhoni played an innings where he bailed us out of a corner since long.

Sachin.. oh well.. if he is gonna play like anachronism personified.. i think he can say goodbye of the chances of him scoring 50 centuries in ODIs in time.

Wats up with Dhoni's batting? He seems to have lost his usual style of batting. In many of the recent games when the team needed him to up the ante and keep up with the run rate, he ended up playing very indifferently and his strike rate was pretty pedestrian and totally out of sync with what was required.

Our fielding sucked a$$ and the bowling was a pain to watch most of the time.

I hope with Yuvi back, India can pull things back from the 2nd game onwards.

I thought Hauritz bowled really well in the last game and he could end up being the key player at the end of the series along with Ponting and Hussey.

^^ Form of Tendulkar is not a worry. He is averaging 68 odd in last 10 games (inclusive of yesterday's game ) which includes 2 big centuries.

The form of entire middle order is. Yusuf is out of team because of the forum, Dhoni and Raina really need to get their act together. Yuvraj coming in is good sign.

Shripad said:
^^ Form of Tendulkar is not a worry. He is averaging 68 odd in last 10 games (inclusive of yesterday's game ) which includes 2 big centuries.
The form of entire middle order is. Yusuf is out of team because of the forum, Dhoni and Raina really need to get their act together. Yuvraj coming in is good sign.

:S eh? Is TE to blame :p?
PS: I know he means form. :rofl:

lol, but the Indians tried at least, fielding needs to improve, i remember 2 easy chances where a 4 could have been stopped. one was with harbhajan and one with ishant.

Australians are FAR FAR ahead as far as the fielding dept. goes. The Ponting catch of Tendulkar was pure brilliance !

India was looking so lazy when it came on the FIELD !

Back