The IPL 'Gains' : Sehwag out of T20 World Cup

And injuries didn't happen before IPL?

Then why did we miss, let me see...Sehwag, Yuvi, Zaheer in Champions Trophy?

So far only 1 injured, that's not bad. Besides M Vijay is getting a chance, it could work in our favor.

Params7 said:
And injuries didn't happen before IPL?

Then why did we miss, let me see...Sehwag, Yuvi, Zaheer in Champions Trophy?

So far only 1 injured, that's not bad. Besides M Vijay is getting a chance, it could work in our favor.

Getting injured playing for your nation/state is one thing. Getting injured while playing for a club? come on :mad:

Spacescreamer said:
That how i pick up the squad is of no use..

they shunted out a player like uthappa while he has been blazing thru his way, keeping wickets and he has been in 2007 WC team to boot.

That you ll declare the team in the middle of the event is the way of BCCI.

It had more to do with the ICC deadline of selecting squad 1 month before tournament than anything else.

How will you select Uthappa? He had 2 dull years before this one.

This IPL performance has guaranteed him place in next T20 Intl after the world cup at the cost of player who fails in WC.

Coming to Sehwag injury and World Cup T20.

Honestly IPL is more exciting at this point. Some teams are better than most international teams by the length of arm and a leg.

Like it or not, IPL is and will be pinnacle of the T20 for a while.

Is playing against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan any better than club cricket? Atleast I have respect for Afghanistan looking at the way they have performed over past 2 years in 2nd division international cricket.

Give it another year and we would have perfect official time slot reserved from international cricket for IPL.

IPL is cash cow, no question about it. But cash comes only when something works. Why do you think everyone is after IPL and Modi?

Its the biggest fish out there and everyone wants a piece of it. I admire modi and ZeeTV for seeing this 4 years back ( and Modi succeeded where Zee failed, execution... ) regardless how good or bad a person he is or what he has done.

Injuries will happen because of IPL. Its 1 month of intense cricket.

Solution???

Players will have to improve their fitness and prioritize their game.

And it will make players stronger. Mentally and physically.

Read today's TOI and uthappa's interview in it. Thats how you go about your business in IPL. The guy didnt bat even 1 session in the net in entire tournament. Neither has he suffered any injury.

This is just an example. There are plenty more.

I agree totally, nicely put there.
Spacescreamer said:
Simple enuf.. Give priorities to the Intl fixtures.

In IPL, whom are you rooting for .. ?? Delhi Vs Chennai .. ? Or is it Rajasthan vs Bangalore..
or more like Sachin Vs Yuvraj ..??
Why would you not spend your energy rooting for a better fielded Team India Vs X Intl Team ??

You have seen India struggle lifting a world cup while there are a handful of countries to compete against.. situation will only get tougher.
Atleast try to compete in the Intl competition with full strength.
Get the results for India and not for regional team's flash in the pan glory. What sounds better .. Delhi Wins IPL or India Wins WC ..??

The monkey that Lalit Modi is, he ll keep devising tricks to squeeze in as many IPL as possible cuz he knows he is nothing without that.
BCCI has never been for betterment of cricket and even claiming that Indian team plays for BCCI and not India.
You would root for their money minting machine and risk India's chances at world cup ..?
It shd have been simple enough by resting players / keeping them fresh for the bigger and main events than this circus.
If Sehwag picked this injury during IPL, then No IPL before Mega Even = No Injury for Sehwag = Fit Sehwag.
If Sehwag was nursing the Injury, 4 weeks of no IPL and 4 weeks of rest via rotation policy = Fit Sehwag.

Even if you have a series before any mega event, reduce the stress by rotating/resting players. You reduce stress and reduce their unnecessary outings, you already are reducing their chances of getting injured. That's what a mgmt can do best while trying to avoid injuries.

What's so tough to see through..?

Remember the top teams of last years IPLT20 ? where did they fare in the champions trophy for clubs?
None of the 3 teams were in the semifinal even, so saying that these teams are better than the other international teams is wrong.
remember the tournament in Australia of T20 where Pollard played like hell and thus showed the world and was bought by Mumbai Indians, the point is there is too much of T20 in the world now, it should be curtailed, whether it becomes a Billion dollar company or not, this will never have the following that Footbal, and other sports enjoy.
Shripad said:
It had more to do with the ICC deadline of selecting squad 1 month before tournament than anything else.
How will you select Uthappa? He had 2 dull years before this one.

This IPL performance has guaranteed him place in next T20 Intl after the world cup at the cost of player who fails in WC.

Coming to Sehwag injury and World Cup T20.

Honestly IPL is more exciting at this point. Some teams are better than most international teams by the length of arm and a leg.

Like it or not, IPL is and will be pinnacle of the T20 for a while.
Is playing against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan any better than club cricket? Atleast I have respect for Afghanistan looking at the way they have performed over past 2 years in 2nd division international cricket.
Give it another year and we would have perfect official time slot reserved from international cricket for IPL.
IPL is cash cow, no question about it. But cash comes only when something works. Why do you think everyone is after IPL and Modi?
Its the biggest fish out there and everyone wants a piece of it. I admire modi and ZeeTV for seeing this 4 years back ( and Modi succeeded where Zee failed, execution... ) regardless how good or bad a person he is or what he has done.
Injuries will happen because of IPL. Its 1 month of intense cricket.
Solution???
Players will have to improve their fitness and prioritize their game.
And it will make players stronger. Mentally and physically.

Read today's TOI and uthappa's interview in it. Thats how you go about your business in IPL. The guy didnt bat even 1 session in the net in entire tournament. Neither has he suffered any injury.
This is just an example. There are plenty more.

^^ And you see the composition of clubs like Cape Cobras and NSW. Those teams are capable of beating any international T20 teams. Those same players who played for Cape Cobras and NSW play for IPL teams as well.

shripad said:
Some teams are better than most international teams by the length of arm and a leg.
This applies with other sports so don't see why not in cricket.

The leagues offer the chance to create a fantasy team of sorts (within budget).Best players no matter the country in one team, good for the game.

I think ppl have not had this exposure yet, they still see it or prefer to in terms of country vs country.

I think Murali vijay is not a good choice when there is Robin Uttappa .I dont know what has made selectors to decide upon this. I think they r currupt or not interested in watching Uttappa hitting 6s .

pinga123 said:
I think Murali vijay is not a good choice when there is Robin Uttappa .I dont know what has made selectors to decide upon this. I think they r currupt or not interested in watching Uttappa hitting 6s .

facts going for M. Vijay are, He is an opener selected for a slot vacated by Sehwag.

He is from state of K. Srikkanth, the chairman of selectors, also playing from CSK for shom Srikkanth is the Brand ambassador :mad:

Utthappa`s heroics have mostly come at death, once or twice he was slotted as an opener in this tournament and he did not fare well.

My suggestion would be if Yuvraj goes unfit than uthappa should replace him.

Back