The money behind the ATI-Valve deal...

Nothing wrong with it, just clever marketting that harmed noone except the competition.
And the bundling was actually of some use to the consumer unlike twimtbp.

Exactly..... Many nvidia cards come with DOOM3. So, why is it wrong for ATI to do it but it is perfectly ok for nvidia to do it???

I feel that you are going too much anti-ATI. You may not like ATI and I respect that but don't make it so obvious in EACH and EVERY post...... Just chill out

By the way at that time ATI had the best cards in the market. They were selling cards on its merit at that time. They poured soo much money to make a nice juicy offer to their buyers.
I got my HL2 that way. Though Valve fked up somewhat and they dragged ATI a bit too long.

I don't see how there is anything wrong in it at all.
Unless Valve went and did something to degrade nvidia performance, nvidia cannot complain.

NVidia did not complain, neither can they.
THe way this game runs on old and new, ATI and Nvdia alike none can blame valve. Its one of the very few modern games i have seen that scaled so wonderfully. Ya the reason was obvuios. Basically game was atleast 2 year old tech with some improvements here and there.

But the graphics of HL2 is not 2 yrs old..... now, almost all new games' graphics are compared to HL2. It has become the benchmark........

Graphics were ok, the art design played a major role in making the dated tech look as sharp as it did.
Excellent choice of colours and phototextures everywhere made the best looking urban locales I've seen.

The physics part was too overhyped imo. They didn't feel 'weighty' enough, everything could be flung about like a ragdoll.
The only truly revolutionary parts were the facial expressions, those were too good.

Someone made maps using hl2 game data used under the ut2k4 engine and it looked strikingly similar. Models, textures, everything.

funkymonkey said:
By the way at that time ATI had the best cards in the market. They were selling cards on its merit at that time. They poured soo much money to make a nice juicy offer to their buyers.
I got my HL2 that way. Though Valve fked up somewhat and they dragged ATI a bit too long.
Exactly... I bet undertaker would have bought a 5950 Ultra over a 9800XT even at that time :rofl:

Edit: Realistically I wonder how much money nvidia pays to game devs to get their logo in the loading screen of most games :p.

Chaos said:
Exactly... I bet undertaker would have bought a 5950 Ultra over a 9800XT even at that time :rofl:

Edit: Realistically I wonder how much money nvidia pays to game devs to get their logo in the loading screen of most games :p.
Yeah right.I did consider a 9800 pro even when buying my 6600GT.The time has come for the FanATics' last stand come this holiday season,ATi shall be back where it belongs-number two,nothing more. :tongue:

Nvidia pays a lot,much more than ATi paid for HL2 deal but it pays it to many developers not just one so the money goes into ensuring a better experience for Nvidia users; not hijacking a particular game for its marketing purposes.

@Undertaker I still dont get it... You are trying to say that ATI has done something wrong by providing HL2 free with its cards... If you were to get a free copy of HL2 with your 6600 GT you would be upset cause nVIDIA would have paid too much to Valve... Would you curse nVIDIA then... Then why are you unnecessary flaming ATI...

Back