The "Movers and Packers" Feedback thread

raksrules

Elite
We can use this thread to give / ask feedback about any movers and packers services which you may have used or intend to use. I have had good as well as bad experiences with them so it helps fellow members to know whom to avoid. Some of these companies are really bad and totally unprofessional when delivering goods and never take any accountability.
Also would appreciate members to suggest tips when dealing with them and any other details you can give.

For starters..

Never go with a company called Central Movers and Packers, One of the person who is a total retard and works there is Ravi - 9320072633. Never contact them as they are totally unprofessional. This is a Mumbai person.
His counterpart Sandeep (9372029002) in Pune is even worst.

I had previously used services of a company called Bollywood Movers and Packers in Mumbai but seems they have closed shop as none of their numbers work any more.

Recently I had moved from Kolkata to Bangalore and used the service of AGS 4Winds India.
Well, frankly I had never heard of them before till my company named AGS (and another one) - to be used in case of company transfer.

Packing : In Kolkata the guys came for packing (4 people + 1 driver) were very professional. They knew what they were doing and they did the packing very fast. It took them whole day (~10 hours), but I'm sure it couldn't be done any faster with those 4 people (one of 'em again - kinda lazy/slow) to pack my whole house hold items which finally made into 60 packages. (including my bike)

They said it'd take maximum of 10 days and it did so.

Unpacking : The Bangalore folks were polite. They unpacked the whole stuffs, fitted the beds/tables etc.

Damages : My computer table got little damaged due to mistake while packing. I cannot blame them as I was also helping 'em while packing the table. :p (these compressed wood stuffs cannot be trusted). Anyway, AGS said they would repay me upto 2K for the repair. (if I don't go for claiming insurance - as for insurance it'd take lotsa time/paperwork.) - I am still to repair the damaged part.
Everything rest reached Bangalore in perfect condition.

Price : 60K
(I think its a bit higher than the other players in the market like Agarwal, Leo etc - but not sure by how much as I didn't take any other quotation.)

Overall : Highly satisfied.

One more thing, others packers I had used always asks for money upfront. Its like they go your stuffs and money and take their time deliver. But these AGS guys never asked for any money till one month of the delivery. It was me who asked the bill and send them a cheque.:)

I also wanted to ask this about the money. Moving my stuff between Pune and Mumbai costs me Rs 4-6K but i do not wish to pay them full upfront and pay like 50% on delivery types. But i think they do not want this arrangement. Next time i plan to sit in their tempo and go whenever moving goods, else they screw your stuff in between, like transfer to some bigger tempo or take their own sweet time to arrive, keep in their out of city warehouse types for couple of days and then delivery.
For long distances this might not be feasible but for Mumbai Pune types it is very much possible.
I think i will strike deal for a smaller tempo and direct point to point service rather than allowing them to take away my stuff.

Back