The real reason why you don't get a charger with your phone

You are being naive if you believe anything Apple says its for your betterment. The others are mainly followers.

Even with the whole privacy sheband that Apple is claiming, I highly suspect them. Google and Facebook - we clearly know whats happening. Apple - not so much with this whole aura/halo that they claim to have!

You are being naive if you believe anything Apple says its for your betterment. The others are mainly followers.

Even with the whole privacy sheband that Apple is claiming, I highly suspect them. Google and Facebook - we clearly know whats happening. Apple - not so much with this whole aura/halo that they claim to have!
100% agree with you. It is just amazingly frustrating how easy it is to lie to people who already follow you blindly. Just need a good advertising team after that.

I really like Apple Products but I still won't defend this decision of theirs. Right from the time rumors came in about removal of the charger + earpods, I (and everyone) 100% knew that it is only money grabbing tactic. Apple is known to do this so it never came as surprise.
And people (even who use and like apple products) hate Apple for this.

I am more puzzled when people blame Apple when the manufacturer they like (in Android space) does the same. I mean, just because Samsung / Xiaomi also are doing that, instead of hating them, they are directing hate towards Apple. No one forced them to follow Apple, they could have continued providing charger and what not, but no, these companies like to follow Apple without thinking.

I really like Apple Products but I still won't defend this decision of theirs. Right from the time rumors came in about removal of the charger + earpods, I (and everyone) 100% knew that it is only money grabbing tactic. Apple is known to do this so it never came as surprise.
And people (even who use and like apple products) hate Apple for this.

I am more puzzled when people blame Apple when the manufacturer they like (in Android space) does the same. I mean, just because Samsung / Xiaomi also are doing that, instead of hating them, they are directing hate towards Apple. No one forced them to follow Apple, they could have continued providing charger and what not, but no, these companies like to follow Apple without thinking.
Well if these companies don't follow Apple then how will they look cool in industry, huh?

Seriously Samsung's decision can't be blamed on apple. Samsung never bothered to follow apple which still gives bi monthly security updates for iphone 5s on ios12. Does galaxy s4 still get security updates. Forget that, even galaxy S7 doesn't get security updates anymore.
But they happily copy this charger removal instantly.

I really want to buy a good Android flagship, but I won't spend iphone money on Samsung if the phone will last much less. Copying all bad moves by Apple but not copying things like the A14 performance and the long update schedule just drives the fence sitting users away.

1 lac rupee phone, no charger, just three letter upgrades. They are taking us for granted.

Me: Going through this thread and wondering why no charger with 1 Lakh + phones!
Also me: Very happy with Redmi Note 9 Pro max bought for around 7k after selling old phone on cashify and using some 3k Amazon coupons from dad's office.
Me though: Do I have a life? Why don't I like expensive phones?
Also me now: Sold Redmi Note 9 pro max on cashify, got Nokia 5.4!

Last edited:
Seriously Samsung's decision can't be blamed on apple. Samsung never bothered to follow apple which still gives bi monthly security updates for iphone 5s on ios12. Does galaxy s4 still get security updates. Forget that, even galaxy S7 doesn't get security updates anymore.
But they happily copy this charger removal instantly.

I really want to buy a good Android flagship, but I won't spend iphone money on Samsung if the phone will last much less. Copying all bad moves by Apple but not copying things like the A14 performance and the long update schedule just drives the fence sitting users away.

1 lac rupee phone, no charger, just three letter upgrades. They are taking us for granted.
Samsung flagships still gets fair treatment compared to their rest of line. Rest of devices are considered lucky when they get security updates forget version updates.

Samsung still is better as they also make their own in-house silicon, others jump on to the latest Qualcomm flagship chip of that year and divert all their resources on to it's optimisation.

Apple claims to uphold privacy yet it stores servers in china and no doubt give access to them to chinese govt so apple like any corporation will do anything as long as it gets them money.

Apple claims to uphold privacy yet it stores servers in china and no doubt give access to them to chinese govt so apple like any corporation will do anything as long as it gets them money.
Those Chinese servers are holding local data, I don't think they are global servers.

Samsung flagships still gets fair treatment compared to their rest of line. Rest of devices are considered lucky when they get security updates forget version updates.

Samsung still is better as they also make their own in-house silicon, others jump on to the latest Qualcomm flagship chip of that year and divert all their resources on to it's optimisation.
True. Oneplus doesn't bother updating even the 50k 7t pro with patches in time. Less said the better about others.
I wish there would be a company that follows apple like update schedule with Android like user friendliness. Going the lineage os route is too much effort.

If the Lineage OS guys start a phone, that would be something else. I won't care if it's lcd or amoled, would just gobble it up. You can always trust an open source code with you privacy.

Hopefully it won't lose direction like Cyanogenmod+ Oneplus.

True. Oneplus doesn't bother updating even the 50k 7t pro with patches in time. Less said the better about others.
I wish there would be a company that follows apple like update schedule with Android like user friendliness. Going the lineage os route is too much effort.

If the Lineage OS guys start a phone, that would be something else. I won't care if it's lcd or amoled, would just gobble it up. You can always trust an open source code with you privacy.

I was fan of OnePlus and got OnePlus One at very early stages. It was all good until they released OnePlus 2 and started treating their old and loyal customers like an unwanted step child. Still OnePlus has no competitor imo and that shows with their fan following and popularity.
Worse than H...I've experienced both, Audiophilia is the most slippery slope to bankruptcy.
I will think 100 times before buying a1000 EUR phone ( and will return it..) but happily spend more for the latest and greatest amp DAC and another pair of crazy expensive open back headphones fully knowing it won't sound any better than the LCD X ( beside having at least 10 pairs of similar sounding cans.
In fact was searching online for a DAP with Android 8 which is pretty close to 1k...
I am very much alike apart from the spending part but Wireless Audio has saved me some money and kept that upgrade bug in check. I still get temptation to get full size open back but the very bulky nature and unable to use it in all environments is keeping me away from it.

Trust is hard to come by and I stopped trusting apple the day they deliberately slowed down their older phones with their updates to force people to buy new ones.
Samsung seems to be taking the same lane. First audio jack and now this.

Tldw : nothing to do with environment and everything to line their pockets with money. Absurd how some people need this to be spelled out to not fall for the fake marketing.

Human stupidity and universe are infinite. I'm not so sure about the universe

Man this guy is probably making a ton of money uploading this crap "demonstrating his point" Gives me so much hope ;)

Apple wants a pie of the advertising space and these privacy limitations are nothing but new digital toll naka. Since I am from the industry, we followed this news more carefully and there is talk about silently releasing their Apple Advertising ID gatekeeping service so all those who wish to target iOS devices must do on terms set by Apple. Needless to say, availing this will come at a cost that Google, Facebook and other adtech giants will negotiate a fee and pass it onto consumers as a iOS targeting fee.

Lineage OS has released a phone with SD 855 with a sliding keyboard like that in Motorola Droid

Last edited:
Trust is hard to come by and I stopped trusting apple the day they deliberately slowed down their older phones with their updates to force people to buy new ones.
Samsung seems to be taking the same lane. First audio jack and now this.
Exactly.
Apple wants a pie of the advertising space and these privacy limitations are nothing but new digital toll naka. Since I am from the industry, we followed this news more carefully and there is talk about silently releasing their Apple Advertising ID gatekeeping service so all those who wish to target iOS devices must do on terms set by Apple. Needless to say, availing this will come at a cost that Google, Facebook and other adtech giants will negotiate a fee and pass it onto consumers as a iOS targeting fee.

Lineage OS has released a phone with SD 855 and a sliding keyboard like that in Motorol
Based on the public posturing that Tim Cook has done Wrt the Adid tracking and associated privacy, I would be very surprised if Apple charges a fee and then lets FB track users across apps.

Back