Graphic Cards The return of RMAgic! GTX 460 - Help With PCI-E Cable

Hello all,

I don't know if i'm plain lucky or EVGA takes their customer service really seriously!

for reference: http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/rmagic-9800gtx-in-lieu-of-old-7600gt.76509/#post-883459

1. purchased 7600GT in 2006
2. RMAed in 2009 and got 9800GTX +
3. That broke down in 2013 and RMAed that again.
4. Allotted GTX 260!!! :)
5. b**ched about it a little - said Please give superclocked in lieu of superclocked
6. GIVEN A GTX 460 FERMI !!!!:D :greedy:

in case you missed it.. all for an original purchase of a puny 7600gt!

They really mean 'lifetime' when they say Lifetime warranty!! EVGA FTW (even if NVidia is acting cheap ass, lately)

I hope my vx450/asus 890gx/ phenom 955 are up to the task.. hehe..

^ Four nahi hai..
Was originally going to get GTX 260 for the 9800GTX+.. (that's what showed up on RMA allotment)
I immediately emailed customer service saying something to the effect of - Yeh sarasar na-insafi hai, superclocked ke badle mein superclocked hi chaahiye and so forth.

I checked next day showed 'shipped 460 Fermi!
so 3 only. That too waiting for it to come back from Yoo Yess Yay..

Wow!? Do EVGA still sell their cards in India? Who allots the replacements?
They're available.. few online vendors (itdepot) and maybe a few stores keep them. Pricing might be a bit more than competition for similar cards ( I haven't read up too much)
But i doubt their RMA will be as good as EVGA USA.

^ Did you had to send to US again for RMA? If yes through your relatives or directly ? I mean was the replacement shipped to India directly or shipped to a US address by EVGA.

Everything done through relatives - lots of comings/goings on official work as well as family occasions. Which is why I bought from the US in the first place. Even my processor and motherboard are from there - SOOO much cheaper!
No idea if support in India will be as robust or prompt.
Only downside is - there's a lot of non-gaming time due to this.
wait for a couple of months after card fails for someone to take it there.. wait for even more months for someone else to come back with replacement. It's cost efficient but not for those who can't afford to be without Graphics card for work purposes.
For my personal needs, my 890GX onboard does the interim job well - no problems handling 1080p video, older games and even SFIV, Company of Heroes etc on low-medium settings on a low resolution. (1024x768 or lower)
So i'm happy...

Hello all,

So the card arrived and like a fool I didn't anticipate that PCI-E connector requirements might be different. My Corsair vx450 has only one 6 pin PCI-E connector, while the card needs 2.
Any solutions for getting a 4 to 6 pin converter and related testimonials of stability issues?
Where would one buy this from?

Tom's hardware forums keep saying VX450 is good enough but I'd like some help with cable connectors...
The quicker the replies.. the quicker i'll be able to enjoy the new beauty :D

VX450 should hold up fine. But as for the converter- ask your friends who have ACTUALLY BOUGHT graphic cards, this converter is quite commonly bundled along with GPUs nowadays. If not, go to any good computer store and they may part with one of these (if they have extra accessories) for hardly 30 - 50 bucks.

Actually BOUGHT? hmm.. i might be familiar with that concept, yes :p
Thanks.. any lead on computer stores in Pune which might have? Computek/Computciti type places said they don't..
Anyone in pune willing to give-away/sell cheaply?
OR
DCC/ Sujata computers?

Sorry I don't know anyone in Pune, but you must have someone in your friend list who has a mid - upper end GPU and is willing to part with this accessory.

Back