The right and safer products for PC cleaning/dusting

Ssreek

Adept
There are 2 other posts which talk about having air blowers like jackmister/cheston vs using vacuum cleaner.
Now we have new products available which seem more reliable for cleaning PC dust, so hence I've made a different thread.

Which is the right product for removing dust from PC? I've been doing it manually all these years but now it's been a year since I cleaned the PC and it is very dusty.
Here are some methods suggested, let me know which one is better and efficient so I can buy the relevant product.

1. Using a vacuum cleaner - but some members and experts in our forum suggested against this feature. Another person suggested plugging the PC and then using vacuum cleaner to clean the PC, has anyone tried this method?
  2. Using air/leaf blower like the jackmister/cheston ones that are available within 1k.
  3. Using blower mode in vacuum cleaner - haven't owned a vacuum cleaner yet so don't know how far this would be useful/powerful.
  4. There are new products now available for us like - Agaro duster and Xpower. Would like to know if buying any of these is better instead of an actual vacuum cleaner with blower function that could also work for home.
  5. I tried using a hair dryer, but that doesn't take off dust much.
Manually removing the dust is a tedious task and takes up the whole day.
I have a car vacuum cleaner that came free with the car, haven't tried to use it on PC though.
Let me know what you think.

I'm not an enthusiast as some fellow members are, but dust in and on my setup has always been one of my pet peeves.

I've always used compressed air cans + soft cloth to clean my PC, interior and exterior.

For the monitor, I use AntiFOG Wipes intended for spectacles.

Regrettably, compressed air cans have become very expensive and hard to find. I am also looking for alternatives.

There are 2 other posts which talk about having air blowers like jackmister/cheston vs using vacuum cleaner.
Now we have new products available which seem more reliable for cleaning PC dust, so hence I've made a different thread.

Which is the right product for removing dust from PC? I've been doing it manually all these years but now it's been a year since I cleaned the PC and it is very dusty.
Here are some methods suggested, let me know which one is better and efficient so I can buy the relevant product.

1. Using a vacuum cleaner - but some members and experts in our forum suggested against this feature. Another person suggested plugging the PC and then using vacuum cleaner to clean the PC, has anyone tried this method?
  2. Using air/leaf blower like the jackmister/cheston ones that are available within 1k.
  3. Using blower mode in vacuum cleaner - haven't owned a vacuum cleaner yet so don't know how far this would be useful/powerful.
  4. There are new products now available for us like - Agaro duster and Xpower. Would like to know if buying any of these is better instead of an actual vacuum cleaner with blower function that could also work for home.
  5. I tried using a hair dryer, but that doesn't take off dust much.
Manually removing the dust is a tedious task and takes up the whole day.
I have a car vacuum cleaner that came free with the car, haven't tried to use it on PC though.
Let me know what you think.
Don't know what is best way, but i use leaf blower ( ibell) on lowest setting + block fans from moving to avoid damage.
Cleans up very quickly - only need to run the blower for a few seconds for each area. I also use brush for cleaning fan blades. I don't repaste, so far have not needed it.

I have this portable vacuum cleaner which has a blower which has worked very well for me https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09XTQFFCG

Just reiterating, I'm not talking about vacuuming with this, I'm talking about using the blower on this. It has a nozzles which concentrates the airflow. Being battery operated and portable makes it easier to work with as well.

I am not recommending it to you but just sharing how I clean my electronics. I wash them with soap and water, and then dry them thoroughly. I have washed modems, PC/Laptop components, keyboards, AC circuit boards, microwave ovens etc. Cleaning fine dust is very difficult, so I chose this way. Someday I'll buy an ultrasonic cleaner for small and delicate stuff, like earbuds.

I am not recommending it to you but just sharing how I clean my electronics. I wash them with soap and water, and then dry them thoroughly. I have washed modems, PC/Laptop components, keyboards, AC circuit boards, microwave ovens etc. Cleaning fine dust is very difficult, so I chose this way. Someday I'll buy an ultrasonic cleaner for small and delicate stuff, like earbuds.

Obligatory

You just need high pressure air to blow away dust particles, which all your options provide.
Where the air comes from is irrelevant. Electric options are better for the environment than single use cans.
You won't remove 100% of the dust, but that's totally fine. Physically touching components can knock something loose or cause a static discharge, so better to avoid it.

Hair dryer is low pressure, so wouldn't work.

I use this in the lowest power setting-

For quarterly PC innards cleaning. Works pretty well so far.

One more thing I did to avoid repasting was to switch over to to Carbonaut thermal pads on the CPU-

It's a couple of degrees higher compared to Noctua NT-H2 thermal paste but it doesn't degrade over time leading to even higher temps which is a plus.

1 remove all peripherals
2 open case cover from both side
3 take it to nearby puncture shop
4 use air pipe from 2 feet and keep getting closer till you feel the components can handle the pressure
you don't need to buy anything and get highest pressure air and no dust within your house
it will remove micro dust also for 10-20 rupee

1 remove all peripherals
2 open case cover from both side
3 take it to nearby puncture shop
4 use air pipe from 2 feet and keep getting closer till you feel the components can handle the pressure
you don't need to buy anything and get highest pressure air and no dust within your house
it will remove micro dust also for 10-20 rupee
That's some good jugaad.
Will have to see if those rechargeable tyre inflators like qubo, xiaomi work in similar way.

Don't know what is best way, but i use leaf blower ( ibell) on lowest setting + block fans from moving to avoid damage.
Cleans up very quickly - only need to run the blower for a few seconds for each area. I also use brush for cleaning fan blades. I don't repaste, so far have not needed it.
Can you share link of that ibell blower?

Last edited:
I take my pc outside and then I use a 20 rupee paint brush from the hardware store to scrape off the dust and then use blower to blow out the dust, additionally you can use the wd 40 contact cleaner for cleaning pcb n stuff it gives a good result and protects from corrosion. Please note it's WD40 contact cleaner and not the regular WD40

Leaving next to very busy street so need to clean system 2-3 times in a year- EVERY YEAR, using 1 soft and one little more hard brush that use by Painters (for Grills & Metal Safety Doors) & one hand blow rubber pump since 2011, dismantling every thing and clean every thing first with hard brush and latter with soft brush and finally blow each and every corner, ram socket, port with hand pump and assembled again ... never had any issue with.

NOTE: NEVER remove processor from Motherboard Socket but take care to remove Processor Fan, wipe old Heatsink Paste with old news paper and use new heatsink paste (Rs.25/- injection type heatsink paste) & fix processor fan.

Both Brush that I purchased in 2011 (for Rs.50/-) still doing good, blow pump (Rs.25/40 as per location) need to buy 2nd time as crack developed in rubber, One Heatsink injection (Rs.25/-) last for 1.5 yrs or can say for 5 times.
Both Brush still last, as once work over, clean it , make all hair straight & wrap hair part along with base with Card Board (using box from fk/az/1mg), tie it either with rubber band or cello tape and keep it in old style pencil box, so no pressure, no bend etc. happens with brush/hair and it retain it's size & shape in last 13 yrs. as it is.

Last edited:
Back