PC Peripherals The ROCCAT Design to Win Contest

PhOeNiX

Skilled
It's been a few months only since ROCCAT entered the Indian gaming scene, and it has already established itself as a major premium gaming peripherals brand. And all because of the love and faith of our fellow ROCCATEERS in India :). So it's time to reciprocate. We have decided to gift around a couple of Roccat products, but a normal giveaway doesn't seem fair right ?

So here it is folks, the ROCCAT Design to Win Contest.

b%3E%3Cb%3E

85040826.jpg

THE CONTEST

There are two parts to this contest.

1. DESIGN A POSTER

Design the best poster you can for any of the following products

• ROCCATâ„¢ Kone – Max Customization Gaming Mouse
  • ROCCATâ„¢ Kova – Pure Performance Gaming Mouse
  • ROCCATâ„¢ Pyra – Mobile Gaming Mouse (Wired & Wireless)

• ROCCATâ„¢ Kave – Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
  • ROCCATâ„¢ Arvo – Compact Gaming Keyboard

• ROCCATâ„¢ SDMS
  • ROCCATâ„¢ Mousepads - Sense/Taito/Sota
  • ROCCATâ„¢ Products in General

Try to be as creative as possible. The winning choice will be based on the entry's usability as a perfect marketing poster. More than one product can be mixed in the design.

2. DESIGN A T-SHIRT

Design a T-Shirt for Roccat. This again has two categories:

• Dark Colour (preferably Black background)
  • Light Colour (preferably White background)

Each category has a separate winner. Both T-Shirts need a FRONT and BACK design, which can include Logo's, Artwork, and Tag-Lines. The winner will be chosen based on the overall idea and design. Creative entries will have an edge, obviously.

THE PRIZES

1. Poster Design
  • 1st Prize - ROCCATâ„¢ Pyra – Mobile WIRELESS Gaming Mouse

45043666.png

• 2nd Prize - ROCCATâ„¢ Taito – Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad

68099693.png

2. T-Shirt Design

• 1st Prize x 2 (Dark & Light) - ROCCATâ„¢ Pyra – Mobile WIRED Gaming Mouse

77497427.png

• 2nd Prize x 2 (Dark & Light)- ROCCATâ„¢ Taito – Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad

68099693.png

General Rules

• All entries must be in a recognizable image format. Multiple entries can be compressed together in a proper Zip/RAR file but at your own risk.
  • Contest is open till 1st August 2010 00:00 Hours
  • Winners will be announced on 10th August 2010

• All submissions have to sent to saurabh@mihiratech.com or contest@mihiratech.com
  • Only 2 Entries per contest allowed . So all in all you can send in 6 entries (2 for the Poster, 2 for the DARK T-Shirt, 2 for the LIGHT T-Shirt)
  • Competition is open to residents of India only. You must be living in India at the time of the qualifying.
  • All entries must be accompanied by your full name and phone number, and your respective Nicknames/ID's on the forum from where you have entered.
  • Each contest will have a different winner. No two prizes will be won by the same person.
  • On the event of winning, the contestant has to provide us with a high resolution PDF or PSD file.
  • Winning Entries may or may not be used in the production of Marketing material. In case any entry is used, Contestants have passed on the entire right of ownership and usage to Mihira Tech-Enterprises.

Results

Poster Competition

1st-Prize - TE-User ID - amitojduggal

roccatblackamitoj.jpg

2nd Prize - TE-User ID - Xanthor

design2winv12.jpg

T-Shirt Design - Dark T-Shirt

1st-Prize - TE-User ID - RD274

designtowintshirtdark2.png

2nd Prize - TE-User ID - semiprowolf

blackroccattshirt.jpg

Prizes will be shipped soon.

Congrats to all the winners :)

Winning Entries may or may not be used in the production of Marketing material. In case any entry is used, Contestants have passed on the entire right of ownership and usage to Mihira Tech-Enterprises.

isn't that like employing many commercial artists and then choose a few of them...paying them much less than what they would be paying to actually hired artists..

it may have still been ok if that was directly by roccat.. but something feels fishy here on part of 'Mihira Tech-Enterprises'.

even the entries are to be sent to the dealer/distri's mail box rather than the manufacturer.

madnav said:
isn't that like employing many commercial artists and then choose a few of them...paying them much less than they would to pay actually hired artists..

it may have still been ok if that was directly by roccat.. but something feels fishy here on part of 'Mihira Tech-Enterprises'.

even they entries are to be sent to the dealer/distri rather than the manufacturer.

I assume the ownership rights are only for the winning entries and not all of them .

FaH33m said:
I assume the ownership rights are only for the winning entries and not all of them .
yes that will be obvious, they will only choose the better once and would like to own them only... as they can reproduce them to roccat and leach in a better incentive in return for *supposedly* their efforts.

Also i have not observed many of such contests..

but even this as condition?

On the event of winning, the contestant has to provide us with a high resolution PDF or PSD file.

cant they just hire some pro artists?

isn't that like employing many commercial artists and then choose a few of them...paying them much less than what they would be paying to actually hired artists..

even the entries are to be sent to the dealer/distri's mail box rather than the manufacturer.

We are not hiring professionals. Any gamer with even the most basic photoshop knowledge can make ads and t-shirts. Also most of the designs actually used come from our own marketing team, and myself :p. I can design and have designed most of the posters we use. We don't expect professional designs. Just creative ideas. There are loads of such contests everywhere in the world, for designing posters, ads etc. Since the brand itself does not have a office here, then the distributors as their representatives can organize such events.

The contest is marketing in itself, even more so than the material that comes out of it. When a user designs ads, even some basic ones, they go through the products and the brand which crates more awareness of the products than the actual design material in itself, which is the main reason of the contest, to create awareness of the brand.

As far as the right and ownership clause goes, it's only included for the fact that the users cannot say later on that they do not want to get the items printed. Just a legal clause and nothing more. We may or may not use them.

Hope now even more guys can participate :)

stalker said:
A simple reply that Mihira Tech is YOUR firm would have fixed most issues Madnav has :p
It's actually my partners but :p

Also just as a clarification , this contest is supposed to be a fun event where anyone can try their hands on a poster design, with creative as well as professional ideas and win some amazing prizes. This is not a "hire some artists for cheap" thingy :). We can easily giveaway those prizes, as that is what we are doing, but there is no fair way to decide who should get the prizes. So just a small contest. And the reason the entries are being asked to be sent to a specific email rather than be posted here is just to keep track of all entries, since this contest is being run on a lot of forums and blogs.

Hope this has cleared all doubts.

I think its a good initiative and fun contest too....u don't really have to be "pro" at designing....as Phoenix has already mentioned its more like a marketing event rather then "hire some artists for cheap".....& i guess we all should try our hands on it ..who knows may be we'll get that Pyra w/l

I think some RAM co. also did this......was it Ballistix ??

a few hours late, but just sent in mine. Only took part in one category due to a lack of time ....

We have received a lot of entries :) didnt know what kind of response will it generate...

Some of the entries are just awesome !!

We shall announce the winners tomorrow .

cOOl_chap said:
We have received a lot of entries :) didnt know what kind of response will it generate...

You should really reveal your affiliation in siggy/thingy below username. Voluntary disclosure in good faith and all that :p

cOOl_chap said:
I think its a good initiative and fun contest too....u don't really have to be "pro" at designing....as Phoenix has already mentioned its more like a marketing event rather then "hire some artists for cheap".....& i guess we all should try our hands on it ..who knows may be we'll get that Pyra w/l

I think some RAM co. also did this......was it Ballistix ??

in this you pose as a normal member who is willing to participate...Like any other enthusiast would.

cOOl_chap said:

But this reflects that you are part of that firm.

if that is so.. you do not fall under 'WE' (in the 1st Quote) as long as fair terms of any competition may dictate (that the employee or the part of the host is not allowed to participate)

both are contradictory from my POV.

and members will never know whether the one's who won were or not part of the concerned Host Firm.

The member should have had atleast an option to Vote and let win the best option for the sake of transparency but anyways, your "competition" your rules.

@madnav - By WE he meant the competitors in general, not himself. if you read it care fully you will see it :). He is the distributor of Roccat in India. He doesn't need to "win" a roccat mouse :p This competition was held for fun , and is for marketing in itself as i had mentioned in my previous post. A lot of companies do it. Hope this clears everything.

i guess we all should try our hands on it

I am personally judging the entries, so i hope you can trust me at least to be fair in this matter.

The results will be announced tonight or tomorrow. I was just tied up in a couple of things so i could not go through all the entries properly.

OK here are the results. We received a good response for the poster competition, but only very few entries for the T-Shirt design contest. And that too only for the Dark colour. Some of the entries are pretty amazing.

Poster Competition

1st-Prize - TE-User ID - amitojduggal

roccatblackamitoj.jpg

2nd Prize - TE-User ID - Xanthor

design2winv12.jpg

T-Shirt Design - Dark T-Shirt

1st-Prize - TE-User ID - RD274

designtowintshirtdark2.png

2nd Prize - TE-User ID - semiprowolf

blackroccattshirt.jpg

Prizes will be shipped soon.

Congrats to all the winners :)

We will be running more contests soon, so anyone who did not win, hold tight :)

Back