The truth behind 'Perus Narpk'

H@rsh

Adept
A blog penpricks.blogspot.com has, excuse my leetspeak slang, PWNED large sections of Indian Media by planting an untrue story about a 'Nazi' being held along the state's border with Karnataka.

The hoax saw large sections of the Indian media pick up and reproduce a story - circulated via a 'press note' - saying an absconding, 88-year-old Nazi war criminal named 'Johan Bach' had been arrested on the Goa-Karnataka border while trying to sell a 17th century stolen piano.

A quote from the penpricks blog:

NAZI-GATE is our effort to highlight the glaring deficiencies in the media, in a language the media knows best... NAZI-GATE is an attempt by Penpricks to pay the media back in its own unworthy coin.

We believe, this expose says it all about present day journalism. An age where FANTASTIC has an edge over whatever’s REAL.

Ask the editors of Deccan Herald, Asian Age, Deccan Chronicle, Daily Times, Indian Express, Times of India, Telegraph (Calcutta), New Indian Express, Gomantak Times, Dainik Gomantak, Herald, Goa Doot… By now they should acknowledge it… and in case they should disagree just whisper Perus Narkp in their ears… These are just some of the guys who carried the story.

These are the guys who actually went about ‘Bach’ing up the wrong tree… ;)

So what the f… is PERUS NARKP

The Anagrams

PERUS NARKP: It’s an anagram for SUPER PRANK. Hartosh, Siddharth Vardharajan, Jonathan Allen, Rajesh Ramchandran, Krishna Prasad… you guys got this one right…

MARSHA TIKASH WAHNAAB: Its not Akshit, nor is it Bhawana Sharma… It’s scrambled for Shrama Shakti Bhawaan. It’s the name of the building complex in Panaji, Goa which houses the offices of the Goa Union of Journalists. Take our word on this, with Suhasini Prabhugaunkar as the union president, its no short of a concentration camp ;)

MALAK DULAB: Just one guy managed to crack this one… We’d said Malak Abdul heads the Perus Narkp, the intelligence wing of the German Chancellor’s Core. It’s scrambed for former president ABDUL KALAM. Since neither Perus Narkp nor German Chancellor's Core doesnt exist, the question of Malak Dulab's existence doesnt arise either.

EHT REA ENP CABK SKRIPC: That was a twirl of text fringing the Perus Narkp logo on the press note. We felt this should have been a give away, if there was any… But it fooled these ???? dumbkoffs ???? again for quite a while… Unscramble this and you get THE PEN PRICKS ARE BACK

HOW DID WE GO ABOUT IT

More at Pen Pricks

Many have removed this news from their websites but some can still be found like this one of Thetelegraph from Google Cache -

www.telegraphindia.com/1080630/jsp/frontpage/story_9482062.jsp+the+telegraph+bach&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3]The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Goa piano ‘thief’ found to be Nazi war fugitive[/url]

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!1! pwn3d!!!!!!!!!11!

I couldn't resist, because that fits really well.

But what do you expect from Indian newspapers, no accountability, just money making machines. A few more hits like this are well deserved by them.

The tv channels are even worse. In the absense of anything newsworthy they resort to the old tactic of looping and relooping the same old video 100 times. The same channel which would air shows questioning the existence of god is now dedicating a separate show on sai baba. They are playing with people's emotionns.
The day is not far off when you and me arguing in this forum will hit headlines.

H@rsh said:
A blog penpricks.blogspot.com has, excuse my leetspeak slang, PWNED large sections of Indian Media by planting an untrue story about a 'Nazi' being held along the state's border with Karnataka.
The hoax saw large sections of the Indian media pick up and reproduce a story - circulated via a 'press note' - saying an absconding, 88-year-old Nazi war criminal named 'Johan Bach' had been arrested on the Goa-Karnataka border while trying to sell a 17th century stolen piano.

Did read that and was wondering WTH is this ?

India was under the British, so how could anyone 'german' do any killing :huh:

I think this is a fantastic & well deserved slap for the lack of proofreading and more importantly fact-checking that is rampant with the media here.

With some papers it appears cheaper to just syndicate from better known sources than roll your own.

Put's techboy's recent (but unsearchable) plea into perspective.

I remember reading the article in the newspaper too as to how both the Kannad and Goan police were stumped over the article as there had been no info passed over to them regarding any such arrest.

India was under the British, so how could anyone 'german' do any killing

You find it impossible that a Nazi could be absconding in India after WWII? Or are you implying that the Gestapo was active in India too, weeding out what little Jewish populations we have here?

this is nothing new ...last year a blog started a news about a potential transfer of a player from argentina to arsenal and 3 days later the british media carried it on headlines and the fans of the argentinian club started protests against the club for selling the player ... 6 days later the truth came out ...it was a hoax ..one single blog ruined the media :)

The world needs something like The Open Source Initiative in the field of News Distribution as well. The entire media is manipulated by the Governments, Corporates and the Politicians to suit their needs to an extent that people hardly get to know the truth in most cases.

EDIT: here is an interesting page I happened to find when I googled for "open source news agency" .

SciDev.Net

Ck Nish said:
I remember reading the article in the newspaper too as to how both the Kannad and Goan police were stumped over the article as there had been no info passed over to them regarding any such arrest.

I think we might have been reading the same thing, front page in Monday's TOI.

Ck Nish said:
You find it impossible that a Nazi could be absconding in India after WWII?

No, that part isn't incredible

Ck Nish said:
Or are you implying that the Gestapo was active in India too, weeding out what little Jewish populations we have here?

Yep, they reported that the killings were commited in Khanapur !!
In what must have had readers spill their morning cuppa, a section of the media carried reports based on a release circulated via email, that a certain German intelligence agency, Perus Narkp, and Indian intelligence agencies had picked up Johann Bach (88), a former Nazi officer accused of killing of 12,000 Jews in the run-up to the second World War, in the jungles of Khanapur on Friday.

Back