Monitors The ultimate LCD monitor query

thanks for clearing my doubts guyz... :)

@deepak, i think some monitors with DVI input support HDCP and some don't.

one more query: what is the difference b/w DVI and DVI-D (Dual)?

ya seems that way....but HDCP is built in the card iirc....i.e. the gfx card if having HDCP can outputr HDCP content on DVI out too....m i correct?

1> DVI-D is DVI digital, not dual. It means that the dvi-vga convertor will not work.

2> HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection. It means that if your content is protected under DRM and other crap, then it'll work only on HDCP enabled sytems. This is not a good thing, but luckily we don't have to worry about this yet as its implemented only in Blue Ray and HD-DVD. By the time BR and HD_DVD are affordable in India, HDCP will be cracked.

montylee said:
yes i can but still i would like to wait for 19/20 incher with HDMI inputs...

monty have u seriously thought over your requirements...when buying dont go after reviews but analyse your present and future requirement and then think whether your budget allows you to buy what you seek...u r seeking a LCD monitor with HDMI...but please answer that why do you need such an input? It does not add anything at all and hence maybe there are no manufacturers or importers as well....

In other words as many stated above...u dont get any benefit as far as image quality is concerned with an HDMI input over DVI input.

:cool2:

I want HDMI as would like to connect a PS3 to it in future. Maybe i'll connect the PC with DirectX 10 card too (some directx 10 cards would ship with HDMI outputs). If i buy a DVI based LCD, then i'll have to buy a HDMI to DVI converter cable.

I am willing to buy it but i donno if i can get the Digital audio provided by HDMI, so i posted that query in my last post.

Back