Audio The VS4121 successor is here .

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Altec Lansing has launched the Octane 7 (VS4621) 2.1 speaker system in India at the price of Rs. 3990. These speakers are targeted at computers and laptops. In its press release, Altec Lansing mentions that Octane 7 unique feature is down-firing mid-range drivers which blast the sound waves down onto a hard surface, where they are reflected and evenly distributed throughout the room for well balanced sound. The down firing is at 3†mid-range and dual 1†micro-drivers.

The Octane 7’s powerful thunderous bass is provided by its 6 1/2 “Altec Lansing custom designed subwoofer. Octane 7 comes with built in controls for volume, bass and treble. It has compact 6.5†/ 165 mm woofer. “The name - Octane 7 comes from its design which has 7 drivers in all and this powerful speaker fits in the budget of customer looking for high output, good looks and affordability, it is an all in one solution,†said Rohit Agarwal, Business Manager, Altec Lansing –SAARC and Mauritius

Source :

Altec Lansing Unveils Octane 7 Speaker System < Other Gadgets < PC World India News < PC World.in

Altec Lansing Debuts New Computer Speakers - Industry News - Overclockers Club

Altec Lansing > Speakers for Computers > Premium Computer Speakers > Octane 7

They look pretty good , wonder if they sound as good as the old ATP3s or VS4121.

the speakers look like small chimneys! and the subwoofer is huge. i also wonder whats the need to put their name on every place they could think of on the system.

Spec comparison to earlier models

VS4621:
19a1w4.jpg

VS4121:
1zzkjro.jpg

ATP3:
rlb04i.jpg

okay, got an oppurtunity to try them out back to back. Its official now. Altec lansing speakers are de evolving. I thought that the VS 4121 sucked compared to the ATP3, but apparently it could have been worse, and it's here.

The 4121 cost 3.2k, the 4621 was priced at 3700.

and its a no contest, the 4121 beats the 4621 flat out, in terms of volume levels and bass ( didnt try any critical listening)

and the drivers are all exposed. even the mids ( which I think is a bad idea for a paper cone) which is not immediately visible.

guys, if you want to pick up a 3k ish speaker, run out and grab the VS 4121 while the stocks last. I missed the boat for the MX 5021. dont let it happen to you with the 4121. I'll post pics soon

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

20100804200542.jpg

20100804200553.jpg

20100804200609.jpg

some sample snaps :)

oh no! I just bought VS4121 a few days back! Came across Octave series speakers but for some reason it idn't interest me! I got mine for 2.9k in Chennai!

Back