Graphic Cards the worn out battle: ATI or nVidia???

memnom

Adept
Hey guys

im assembling a system E4300+GA-P965-DS3+Kingston 667MHZ RAM, i need a GFX card. its the choice between X1900xt(viveks) and 7900gtx (Darklord's If he Have one still :D ) so which one shall i buy?

is it good to invest a 10k n these cards now, i want this to last for upto a year(not more) and i want the DX 10 cards to find a rythm before jumping in on one. so guys advice me to the rite card.

Well honestly speaking its much better buy than mid range 8600GTS. They perform better. Specially X1900XT. Its strong DX9 card. It will last you for quiet a while in DX9 mode.

thanks guys.

@funky i dont wanna play with DX10 effects with 15-20 fps man or else i woul've gone for the 8600gts. i wanna play the DX9 games a lil better and since x1900xt has more shader processors i heard that it'll las quite a bit in forecoming games and u guys confirmed my idea. thanks guys.

ImHO....go with the 8600.....dx10 support will take you much further down the road without an upgrade...if you want pure horsepower....go with the x1900xt...its a great card too!

Back