The X of Sound...

@Vandal: I think I did mention that for heavy music users or audiophiles, these are certainly not the speakers. For a casual listener like me, it is pretty good. Besides, no music lover worth his salt will select mid-level 5.1 speakers over good stereo set. My primary intention for these was for Movies and Games, which they fit the bill perfectly, and for the cost they are great. I listen to music mostly while working, but that's just background filler, I don't pay much attention to the quality of output.

The day I would start listening music out of my work hours, I'll invest in decent amp and floorstanders. Till' then these and iPod earbuds are good enough for me. :)

iGo said:
@Vandal: I think I did mention that for heavy music users or audiophiles, these are certainly not the speakers. For a casual listener like me, it is pretty good. Besides, no music lover worth his salt will select mid-level 5.1 speakers over good stereo set. My primary intention for these was for Movies and Games, which they fit the bill perfectly, and for the cost they are great. I listen to music mostly while working, but that's just background filler, I don't pay much attention to the quality of output.

The day I would start listening music out of my work hours, I'll invest in decent amp and floorstanders. Till' then these and iPod earbuds are good enough for me. :)

Actually they suck for movies and games too, but whatevers good for you lol.

Amp and floorstanders eh? Obviously you've never heard of negative impedance amps...

In that case if you are ever shopping for a high-end HiFi system or even a surround system, better look the technology up. The speakers based on these are damn costly only a couple of brands use the technology, but its worth it.

Back